Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I can think of a good definition of "Wilsonism", but I think the swear filter would erase it. :lol:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Well you have made it "slightly" more lenient nowadays but if you're on about the words I think you're on about, then yes... :smt023

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

What about OHO - Only Here Once.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Global Moderator

Here's a new one:

IOPW (Irregular Outright Player Win):
A player gets the most money out of the game, but does do via an unusual, non-canon twist such as the Banker's Gamble or an extra offer.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'll add it to the dictionary. :)

Alice's win is surely therefore the biggest IOPW of them all. ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Forum Games Moderator

I must say this is a great achievement so far, from all of us here....over a few years. But it's not quite complete.

How about the Daniel123 effect...the arrogant following of Wakey because it seemed like a good idea :-D

And then, later of course - well, how would we define Daniel123ism? I am curious.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:18 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Global Moderator

Here's another one I thought up last week:

Norwichism: The practice of playing on the side of the Banker. Named after forum member norwichdonder, who regularly partakes in this.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

I no longer keep track of how long each of the current contestants has been on - but I still think No More Than 22, or any similar term, should be used to describe the situation where none have been on for more than 22 shows... ;)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Here's one I thought of:

Holding Offer - An offer the Banker makes when he is unsure of which way the game will go after the first round. The amount is usually £5,000. This normally happens when the player takes out big reds but balances the round with small blues.

Fan of classic rock and metal

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:38 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Here's a couple that aren't on the list:

Pitch Invasion - Where the contestants on the wings come out to congratulate the player on winning a large amount of money (usually a power 5 amount, but on occasion smaller amounts.)

Squashdown - Where at 6-box the remaining amounts on the board go down to the bottom of the screen and group together.

Twanking - Tweeting the Banker on Twitter.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Funny how "Twanking" isn't bleeped out on this site but "Scun.thorpe" (without the full stop) is... :suspect: :suspect:

holly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Here's a new one

Pennyphobia - Fear of joining the 1p club.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Global Moderator

How about:

Selectivism: The act of a forum member allegedly, changing their gameplay tactics daily in order to get the peak amount from the game. ie opening the box to a big sum, or dealing earlier before the big sums vanish. Not very prominent these days.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

holly wrote:
Here's a new one

Pennyphobia - Fear of joining the 1p club.

And from that, how about:

Bluephobia - Fear of winning a blue.

I think we can say that Laura today had bluephobia - saying at 11-box that she didn't want to go away from her game without a significant sum of money and then, sure enough, dealing at 8-box even when there were just two blues left... :eyes:

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Michael DeVere wrote:
What about OHO - Only Here Once.

Please edit that into the first post - a month or two ago it took me days to work out what WTF it meant! Noel kept using OHO without giving us a clue, most annoying! It even sounds like NOHO most of the time, which made it even more difficult!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:31 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

What about these:

The Right 250 - A phrase Noel sometimes says when £250 is revealed. He usually says this when the £250,000 is still intact.

Round from Hell - A round where the player takes out the three (five in round 1) highest remaining value boxes.

Nightmare Finish - The final pair of 1p and 10p.

Shopping List - A list of the players' dreams and ambitions that Noel reads out at some point during the game.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:10 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Forum Games Moderator

Still can't believe hobo 5 hasn't been added yet :P

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

Skyline wrote:

Well, it is exactly the same as the Banker's Power 5... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;) ;)

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases
Forum Games Moderator

RMF1254 wrote:
Skyline wrote:

Well, it is exactly the same as the Banker's Power 5... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;) ;)

So what?

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DONDictionary - a glossary of DOND terms and phrases

There are 2 new phrases coming up within the next months, one quite soon. The one quite soon I am responsible for!! I tweeted the banker after a recording and it got used 3 shows later! I have the tweet from the banker to prove my ownership!! lol

I'll point them out as they appear.

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]