Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:37 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?

Warnings: 0
How do you think DoND would've been effected by the coronavirus pandemic if it happened say 10 years ago during the middle of the show's run?

I'm not getting my hopes up to see any replies to this, as the last thing we need is to be hounded with constant reminders of what's happening right now. Plus it'll likely just be the usual scum with their spam advertising anyway :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?
Forum Games Moderator

Well, Jim, I'm sorry to disappoint ;) - I think it would've been quite similar to the way things have panned out this year. They might have persisted with the hotel arrangements and filming in the studio, both of which involved regular, close-quarters social contact, and plenty of physical contact, for as long as they were allowed to, but a halt would have been called after a certain point. I assume the shows that had been recorded would have been broadcast as normal, which - provided this (the worst of the pandemic) lasts a few months - would give them plenty of time to eat into the pre-recorded shows and continue with filming while they were being broadcast. So if you're six months ahead with filming, and the worst of it lasts for three months, you can resume the filming after those three months when it's safe to go back, and you'll still be three months ahead anyway.

That, at least, is how I think it would have been. Who knows? We could be postponing things for the next two years. People might get so bored that this forum springs back to life... :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:11 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?

It would've shut down production temporarily.

Big Brother Canada, a show that seemingly would thrive in this situation due to the houseguests being quarantined from the outside world, was shut down earlier this week out of concern for the safety of the production crew. If they can't even run that there's no way Deal or No Deal would run given how close the players and crew are in the studio.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?

Obviously they would have reduced the number of shows airing per week.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:15 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?

I've been thinking about this. If it was during a time when putting the show on indefinite hiatus wasn't an option, I imagine they would have put the wings on two levels each so they could space out the players more. The player may have been instructed to stay in their seat and goodness knows what would have replaced the 1p kiss/dance :laughing

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: How would COVID-19 have effected DoND?

Interestingly enough on Greek Deal or No Deal they still have a plexiglass deal inbetween each person on the wings even though people are super chummy with each other outside of that, with the player often hugging wingers and doing a high 5 lap of the wings at the end of their game.

I think if UK Deal ever came back they'd have to also put plexiglass between each winger as well as a safety precaution.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]