Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:27 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:27 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

johnr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:58 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Warnings: 0
Monday 12th December : Flying Scotsman
Quote:
The game goes on the road and the first destination is the Flying Scotsman, as a lucky contestant sets out to claim the £250,000 jackpot. With a surprise guest and a packed audience carriage, the dilemma for the player remains the same - will they get off at the right stop for big money or take the train too far and end up destitute at the end of the line? Hosted by Noel Edmonds.

Tuesday 13th December : Eden Project
Quote:
On day two, the Banker sends Noel Edmonds to the Eden Project in Cornwall to play the game in the Med Biome surrounded by exotic flora and excited fans.

Wednesday 14th December : Warwick Castle
Quote:
On day three, the Banker sends Noel Edmonds to Warwick Castle, providing the perfect backdrop for the Banker to show his sinister side in a medieval battle of the boxes.

Thursday 15th December : Alexandra Palace
Quote:
Noel Edmonds presents the show from Alexandra Palace, the birthplace of British broadcasting, with a guest host helping out as the player faces the banker in another game of chance.

Friday 16th December : Trafford Centre
Quote:
The game is played on the Orient Staircase at the busy Trafford Centre in Manchester, as a lucky contestant sets out to claim the £250,000 jackpot. Will the Banker pick up a cheap deal or will he regret a potentially pricey pre-Christmas big win? Hosted by Noel Edmonds.

Monday 19th December : Blackpool Tower
Quote:
Noel Edmonds presents from high up in Blackpool Tower, with an audience watching from below in the ballroom and the famous illuminations changing to red and blue as the boxes open.

Tuesday 20th December : Wookey Hole
Quote:
The Banker sinks to new depths of evil behaviour in the famous caves of Wookey Hole, Somerset as Noel Edmonds presents the high-stakes game show.

Wednesday 21st December : 747
Quote:
Noel Edmonds takes contestants 37,000 feet into the air, where they are challenged to play the game show on board a private jet piloted by none other than the Banker.

Thursday 22nd December : Longleat Safari Park
Quote:
Noel Edmonds presents this festive edition of the game show from Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire, where the player tries to squeeze some cash out of resident Scrooge the Banker.

Friday 23rd December : Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Quote:
The Tour reaches its last stop as the Banker takes Noel Edmonds and the team to Glasgow to play the game at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. With bagpipes, drummers, an organist and the biggest live audience the show has ever had, this Christmas spectacular is a fitting end to the national tour. As usual, contestants try to guess the values of mystery boxes containing as much as £250,000. Last in the series.

Last edited by johnr on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:04 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Anyone know if they are all recorded in the same order of when they will be aired?

I through Manchester was the first one.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Mark wrote:
Anyone know if they are all recorded in the same order of when they will be aired?

I through Manchester was the first one.

Manchester was definitely filmed before Ally Pally.

Marky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 am    Author: Marky    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Location: North Cheshire Failed Audition: Liverpool Aug 21st 2012
Warwick Castle was filmed last (9th Nov) and Blackpool Tower 2nd last (7th Nov).

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:30 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Deal was at Warwick Castle? If I had known about that, I'd have gone there. I'm only about an hour away from Warwick!

Fan of classic rock and metal

johnr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:47 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

It was advertised at very short notice for some reason, even Mark Olver didn't seem to know about it at the Blackpool recording!

I predict they're saving the 747 episode as the last one on the TV tour schedule with it being a television 'first'

johnr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:50 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Trailer (Noel even gets out the festive jumper for one episode!)

https://www.twitter.com/dealornodeal/st ... 9752022018

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Some previous trailers gave some info about an upcoming game away but sadly not this time.

Marky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm    Author: Marky    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule

Location: North Cheshire Failed Audition: Liverpool Aug 21st 2012
I'm pretty sure that the aircraft is a 737 not it's Jumbo brother....

Anyway, there was something lacking about yesterdays show. It just didn't hit my button. I'll watch todays show, because the first show of a new format is often a let down. But, I can't see me loosing any sleep if I miss it.

I can see the sense in re-auditioning, as they need extremely outgoing contestants with this format. Jason was extremely confident at the opening of the show, so that's why he was picked.
However, there was a girl (Rebecca???) who struggled on the last show putting a few words together for the ad break link! So, I'll be surprised if she is picked.
I'm just pleased that they gave the existing lot a chance. I hope that they bunged the unsuccessful one's a grand each for their trouble :o

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal Or No Deal On Tour Schedule
Administrator & Global Moderator

Here are a couple of interesting RadioTimes articles about Deal or No Deal.... on Tour!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-12- ... in-the-air

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-12- ... -next-year

The second article says they're keen to do some more 'on tour' shows next year - which isn't a surprise - but the fairly unkind viewing figures (around 0.2 million) may put a stop to that. I'd like to see some more touring shows though as the ones so far have been interesting and different.

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]