Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

lisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject: Hello from Lisa - Contestant played on 6th March

Warnings: 0
Hi Everyone

I’m Lisa, I played on 6th March and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the whole experience.

I felt compelled to post here for 2 reasons. First and foremost, all of you are lovely and friendly and seem to be genuine fans of the show. I fully respect everyone’s opinion of an individual game and you are all going to have your favourite contestants. I was very pleasantly surprised to see no personal abuse or insults posted here so thank you very much!!

Secondly, I have to comment on the thread posted by Padmaster earlier today. Yes, you are absolutely right….. I talked the talk and then bottled it. I don’t deny it – the first thing I said after the show was that I knew I was saying one thing and doing something totally different! I, like many other contestants, felt as though I was on autopilot throughout the show. I was in the chair (or more often than not, out of it) but it felt as though it wasn’t me there. I suppose it was a combination of nerves, tension and the fear of making a fool of myself on national tv that made it feel that way.

Yes, with the benefit of hindsight, I should have gone on but hindsight is a wonderful thing! I was half hoping for a “Trevor-like” offer that would have made my decision easier to no-deal for a “gambler” like me but with an offer on the table like that, how many people would have turned it down, when the memories of Mike and Trevor’s games were so raw????

Having said all this, I am eternally grateful to Production team at Endemol for giving me this wonderful opportunity. I met some terrific people and and still walked away with a great result.

Lol Lisa

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

Welcome Lisa :D

I enjoyed your game...and it was spooky about that number you were drawn to having the £250k in (i think it was 17 or 19, I can't remember :oops: )

No Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Hello Lisa! First of all, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your game is in order! You did really well and got an excellent sum of money! I really enjoyed your show! I hope you're settling back into things OK now you're out of DoND?

Secondly, welcome to the forums; it's great to see you here! :-D Everybody's fantastic here and there is a brilliant mix of everyone- fans, ex-contestants, current contestants and future contestants. Everyone's friendly here and there is virtually no trouble at all. There has been the odd spot of bother in the past, but it was soon dealt with.

Enjoy the forums!

Steve.

:D

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:14 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

thank-you for posting, lisa, and for a good game of dond. i thought you came across very well, and i hope you feel welcome to post whenever. :wink:

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Well done on your winnings.

I probably would've gone on at £20k (not just saying this)

what did you have left at that stage?

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:35 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Hi Lisa. I really enjoyed your game and I too would have gone at 20k, because I don't like gambling too much. It wasn't as if the first prove-out round was a disaster from your point of view of having dealt as you lost the 15k, the 50k (with my favourite contestant) and 1k, thereby leaving just one red and four blues. The offer after the first prove-out round would have been even higher had you knocked out three blues.

lisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:44 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Wow! Thanks everyone for such a warm and quick welcome.

In answer to Aaron, I was left with 4 blues and 4 reds at the time i dealt. Do you know what, it looked sooooo different in the studio to how it appeared on tv yesterday. Everything was such a blur but i did have the 50,000 and 250,000 still in play. All i can remember is knocking out too many reds too soon and because there were only 2 boxes higher than the offer on the table, I had to deal. I thought the risk was too high to open up 3 more boxes - take out 1 or 2 of those 2 big reds and it was going to be a Mike/Trevor all over again.

In answer to Steve about the box number - the 250,000 was protected in box 19. I just wish i had of realised it at the time!!!!

Thanks "No Deal" Steve and Jonny for your really kind messages. Judging now by the number of contestants joining, it is obvious that yours is a friendly forum.

Lisa :lol:

bushy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:56 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Hi Lisa - you're right, this is a friendly site - good to have you on here as well!

Aaron x

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

:welcome: Lisa

It's great to hear from you, glad you decided to join and post. You won't find a friendlier more welcoming group of members anywhere else.

I don't think unless we've been in a similar situation we can imagine the pressure that all the contestants feel when in the spotlight.

Well done on your game and win Lisa :D

Maltus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:11 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Well done on your win Lisa, and well played. As you point out, I'm sure its very different when you're in the chair yourself to know what to do, as the money involved affects your life, and it would be awful to go home with a Trevor/Mike-like amount. I bet the contestants were all in shock and disbelief after their games, but it does show how quickly things can change. Out of interest, would you have gone on in Germaine's position today, when he had 5 boxes left? It was a brave decision, and turned out to be the right one for him.

Enjoy your winnings! x

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:25 am    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Hiya Maltus

First of all, it is so unbelievably different in the chair than watching it at home. I used to scream at the tv "no deal" before i got on the show but when you are there and it's your money at stake - total different ball game!!

Yes, i think i would have gone on when there were 5 boxes left because Germaine had 4 reds and only 1 blue. Also, 3 out of the 5 boxes contained more money than the 28k offered to him at that stage, which i thought, given the strength of the board was pretty low anyhow. At the crucial point in my game, i had 8 boxes remaining but only 2 of them containing more than the offer on the table - which is why i dealt.

Germaine is a lovely guy who gave loads of help to everyone. He deserves every penny of his fantastic winnings!

bork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:55 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

Another warm welcome to the boards from me and my gf Lisa, we were both fans of yours when you were an opener and were pleased to see you do well.

Congratulations on getting on the show and doing so well. The way refused to sit was great, and looked like it gave Noel a rest.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:10 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Hi Lisa, good to see you here....

Congratulations on your winnings - £20,000 is still an awful lot of money just for opening boxes, a lot more than many other contestants have gone away with.

Anyway, I have a question about one of my current favourites, gentleman James. Does the guy ever smile? He intrigues me and I see him as a player who will not be intimidated by the banker, but he doesn't seem to get as emotionally involved in other players' games as much as everyone else. Is he always like that?

Congrats again!

wizzard67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:05 am    Author: wizzard67    Post subject:

Hello and a big :welcome: Lisa.

I hope you find the forums as friendly as I have.

Congrats on your win :D

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Hiya Bork

It had been a long, tiring but great day so I think everyone was shattered. Noel took a much needed rest!!! I found it really hard standing all day long but I have a great respect for Noel who bounces energetically around the studio all day long, never looking jaded. Perhaps this made a very nice change for him! Me on the other hand, moaned constantly that my feet ached and I wanted to sit down and the minute I am offered a chair, I stand up! I just couldnt sit still and found it easier to cope with the tension by standing up. :D After reading other not so nice comments, perhaps it would have been better for me to have sat down after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:01 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Hi never_wrong (good one!!)

It's lovely that James has been nickedname "Gentleman James" which just about sums him up :D Yes he does smile :D I think it is worth pointing out that a lot of footage is edited out. I enjoyed my time as a contestant opening the boxes (especially when the gorgeous Matt came to stand next to me, who made me laugh at lot) but a lot of the shots used of me were those with a very serious face. It just depends.

Also, remember that contestants, audience members and viewers get sucked in alike. Sometimes, when a game starts to go pearshaped or the banker is being unpredicatable, the serious side of everyone comes over because we just want the player to do so well.

I too, think James will make a very worthy opponent to the banker and don't think he will stand for any nonsense!!!!!!! It's really nice to hear whose favourite is whose.

Padmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:18 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject: Re: Hello from Lisa - Contestant played on 6th March

lisa wrote:
Hi Everyone

Secondly, I have to comment on the thread posted by Padmaster earlier today. Yes, you are absolutely right….. I talked the talk and then bottled it. I don’t deny it – the first thing I said after the show was that I knew I was saying one thing and doing something totally different! I, like many other contestants, felt as though I was on autopilot throughout the show. I was in the chair (or more often than not, out of it) but it felt as though it wasn’t me there. I suppose it was a combination of nerves, tension and the fear of making a fool of myself on national tv that made it feel that way.

Lisa

I am sorry if I have upset you in anyway with my thread, I just got frustrated with people saying one thing and doing something else...I have the smae problem with people at work !!

But you have admited that so, I applaud you Lisa on your honesty....I also applaud 2000% for allowing Noel to openly talk about your love of gambling etc as this was very refreshing indeed and not something that many people wouuld ever admit too.

As I said in the other thread, I have no idea what I would have done in your position, and I admit that I am very jealous indeed of you for being in that position to start with.

So well done and I hope you cash the cheque and ask for it to be returned back (stamped of course!), to allow your husband to place it on his nail in the garage afterall...maybe it deserves to go in the kitchen now !!

Well done again...the Padmaster...

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Hello The Padmaster

Don't be silly. You didnt upset me in any way. As I have said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on a game. It's all about the pressure and people react in different ways. I have seen that Mike has taken a fair bit of slating but in actual fact, Mike is a really, really nice guy and I personally think that his non stop talking was just a way of coping with being in the hot seat. Everyone is different and I think that Endemol do a fantastic job when selecting different characters. There will be some that you love and some that you hate!!!!

Anyhow, thank you very much for your kind words....now the kitchen is not a bad idea......dont know what the old man would think though!

Lisa :P

Rodders

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:28 pm    Author: Rodders    Post subject:

Lisa you did great, you beat the banker so thats always good....

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Hi Lisa

If it's any consolation, I think the £44,000 hypothetical offer would not have been offered had you no dealt. Especially as Trevor got an offer of just under £10,000 for an almost exact board a few day before yours, so you technically did beat the banker.

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]