Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Jerry173

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:41 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Finally!

Warnings: 0
Sorry I haven't introduced myself before - I have been a forum member for a few months and have posted quite a few comments.

I am a 63-year old pensioner - I used to tape DonD and watch it when I got home from work, but since I retired I usually follow the commentary on the forum, taping the program as well so I can watch it if anything exciting happens! Although I am a pensioner I am reasonably comfortable financially, so my strategy is basically to go with the odds (a win of say £35k would not change my life, and I could afford to go home with a blue). However, what I do NOT intend to do (unlike some members I could name) is criticise players for their decisions. Obviously the financial situation of every contestant is different (some let us know their financial needs, others do not), and for many it is clear during the game that the risk of going home with a blue, which would be financially devastating for them, is too great to make going on worthwhile even where the banker's offer is substandard (say less than 50% of the mean of the remaining boxes). I respect their decisions, though I would not necessarily make the same decisions.

I have a spreadsheet with the main features of every game played to date (contestant, newbie, player's box, location of £250k, what the player won, what they had in their box and the banker's highest offer) so I can extract lots of information (most of it useless, of course!) If anyone needs particular information I would be happy to supply it if my spreadsheet allows.

Best wishes to the other forum members.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Finally!

Welcome to the forums Jerry! :)

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Finally!

"The Banker" wrote:
Welcome to the forums Jerry! :)

A belated welcome, don't forget... :smt018 :smt018 ;) ;) ;) ;)

I think you've been great so far with the info, Jerry - keep it up! ;) ;) ;) :smt023

hevelius

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Finally!

:welcome: Welcome Jerry-great to have u on board,u have certainly been studying the game,i hope u enjoy your time on here-i feel sure u will!

holly

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:52 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Finally!

Welcome, Jerry. :)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Finally!

Welcome to the institution Jerry ! :-D

I kept a database of sorts with details similar to yours, including VHS copies of many games. I gave all that up years ago but I'm glad you've kept at it so well done you ! :smt023

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]