Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

BrianR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Author: BrianR    Post subject: Hello all !!

Warnings: 0
New to the fansite.

Long time viewer of Deal Or No Deal.

Been watching since near the beginning.

That addicted to show I'm often at a loss 4-5pm on a weekday during the summer, during its break.

Watched the 1st sereies re-run on challenge with interest.

I think I preferred its old 45 minute format than its newer hour slot though.

What do other's think?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!
Global Moderator

Welcome! :smt023

I've got used to the hour long slot now; it's hard for me to recall when it was just 45 minutes.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!

:smt023 welcome-i hope u have fun on here!

holly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!

Hey, welcome aboard!

Oh your not the only one I get "withdrawal sympotms" During the summer break too! :lol:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:47 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!

Welcome to the forums. :)

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!

Welcome Brian. ;)

I wasn't too sure at first about the show extending from 45 minutes to 60 - but, like Jack (hogwild94), I'm used to the longer time slot now and find it quite hard to recall the shorter one.

Funnily enough, though, I still find it fairly easy to recall when Countdown was 30 minutes long, even though its extension to 45 took place just over ten years ago.

That's probably because of three things:

(1) Countdown's format before that extension was different (nine rounds instead of fifteen), unlike with DOND.

(2) While DOND's extension might have "naturally" occurred, Countdown's certainly did not (if you get what I mean). :?

(3) Richard and Carol were still there, of course. Who didn't think at the time that they'd last forever? :? :? ;)

BrianR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm    Author: BrianR    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!

Thanks guys.

I think I prefered the 45 mins version of the show because it was faster paced.

With the added time of course there's greater interaction between player and banker to enjoy.

I really enjoyed the Live shows they done recently however.

Mainly because I found that due to the editing need in the pre recorded show's to fit in the hour fomat its fairly easy to guess at a particualar point in time if a player will in fact deal or no deal. In the live shows you simply didn't know.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hello all !!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hello Brian, and welcome to the forums!

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]