Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gokdan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:41 pm    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Warnings: 0
Hi all

I am Dan (current contestant on Deal or no deal). Just like to say a big hello to everyone as I am new to these boards. I have kept a close eye on peoples comments on the boards etc, so really just introducing myself as I thought I would join to give my thoughts etc.

cuffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

gokdan wrote:
Hi all

I am Dan (current contestant on Deal or no deal). Just like to say a big hello to everyone as I am new to these boards. I have kept a close eye on peoples comments on the boards etc, so really just introducing myself as I thought I would join to give my thoughts etc.

Hiya Dan, looking good on the show mate and your advice for my game was spot on mate!!

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:17 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

hi dan good luck for your game :smt023 hope you having fun

gokdan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 pm    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Cheers cuffy, always kind words from you.

And thank you LCC, awesome fun have to admit, miss it so much.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:10 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.
Forum Games Moderator

Hello Gokwan and good luck!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

welcome to the madhouse dan. hope you spanked the banker on your game :)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Dan! You added me as a friend on Facebook ages ago and told me how you were joining in June. I can't believe it's come around already!

Hope you did well and spanked the banker.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Hello Dan.

I would say that I hope you did well in your game, but I actually already know how you did since I was lucky enough to be an audience member for it! (You probably don't remember me, but I actually came up to you and shook your hand afterwards.)

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 am    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Welcome to the forum Dan

I do hope that you did well in your game.

gokdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:52 am    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Aww very kind of you all to welcome me so kindly.

OMG MisterAl, I remember you fully, infact you coming up to me at the end of my game saying something on the lines of 'I have seen over XX shows and that has to be one of the best I have seen' will stick in the memory for life. That made my game complete I have to be honest. I didnt expect my game to go the way it did, and then for an audience member to come out and say that topped the whole experience off. So yes I remember full well.

Fair play to you David, i saw your game on deal or no deal and heard about the website you had and didnt realise it was this one. You work tremendously well on it I have to say and well done to you.

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Welcome to the forums Dan it is good to have another contestant with us :D

All the best contestants come on here :D

gokdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:57 am    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Aww thanks collydolly very nice of you to say that, considering I havent even got a fan club on here :( lol

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:19 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

gokdan wrote:
OMG MisterAl, I remember you fully, infact you coming up to me at the end of my game saying something on the lines of 'I have seen over XX shows and that has to be one of the best I have seen' will stick in the memory for life. That made my game complete I have to be honest. I didnt expect my game to go the way it did, and then for an audience member to come out and say that topped the whole experience off. So yes I remember full well.

Shush now! You're giving too much away!

I'm genuinely flattered that you remember me so clearly, and I'm really pleased to have helped give you such a positive experience. Out of fifty times in the audience, I've only spoken to the player afterwards on maybe three or four occasions. (And one of those times was because the player happens to help out at this here web site, and I sort of felt obliged...)

gokdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:40 pm    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

OOOPS your right I shouldnt give so much away, the moderator is more than welcome to delete what I said in a previous post if needed.

Yes I remember you clear as day, like I said it was so good to actually make the audience enjoy it. I think the money is important, but also making it a good watchable show is equally as important. At the end of the day, a lot of discussion goes on about the players in forums like these, and it would honestly break my heart if I read people saying his game was a pile of junk, or Dan was useless I didnt like him as a person etc. That still might happen, it remains to be seen. I am not being ultra paranoid or anything like that, I just think its about the player, but also about making it a good show for the viewing audience.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:18 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

People will definitely have their opinions, and they won't always be positive, that's for sure. Thankfully, on this forum people (usually) remain respectful, even when they're being critical.

AnneM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:28 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

:welcome: Looking forward to seeing your show.

gokdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Thanks Ann, hopefully you will enjoy.

I always try and remain positive, and am prepared for any backlash I have off any individual. I am quite sensitive so I think I have to not take the criticism (if any) to heart. I really should focus on the positives though as opposed to the critics. Just hope my show is an enjoyable watch for the millions of fans out there. No doubt there will be mixed opinions on the whole thing, it will be nice to hear different views on the whole thing.

lcc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

cant wait for your your game now :smt023

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

welcome to the forum dan
hope you enjoyed yourself at the dream factory :-) :-)

gokdan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:48 am    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone, just a quick word about myself.

Thanks again all really appreciate the welcomes. Well I am not going to tell you the actual date of the game LCC or what it was like, I guess it a case of keep watching and it shall be revealed in a few weeks time. I have no idea what it is going to be like, as I took part I just thought it was your 'average' type of game, so it would be interesting to hear feedback as to what people thought of it etc.

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]