Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm    Author: Ron    Post subject: Shy Newbie

Warnings: 0
I wasn't sure there was an intro bit but I'm glad there is, in all honesty it's a little bit daunting to be posting as some new upstart alongside H2005 and other high profile people who've been on the show. So I'll start here. I'm 18 from Weston-super-Mare (I'm sure many people would die to live here, purely because of where it's near :P), although only for a few more months as I'm off to Uni then. Oddly enough my name is Ron, hence the original username. I've seen the show 4 times live, to be screend 7th September, 29th-30th September and 1st October. The 7th September and 1st October games are truly superb, make sure you watch them, especially as I'm sat by the F&F for the last one :P I want to apply for Deal again when the applications open, although from hearing what people have said I can harbour no great hope of getting on. One thing... Are they flexible about dates? My somewhat draconian family were all about the 'You can't miss any uni time!' the moment I told them I was going to.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm    Author: Ron    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

:o it's you!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Who?

garylq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Welcome to the forum Ron. Don't worry, most of us don't bite!

Did you know that super-fan Marcy Kingsley is also from Weston. I have tried to persuade her to join-up here but she refuses, however I know she does have a nose-about as a guest every now and then!

http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk/backstage/fans-/marcy/

That's an old interview, I reckon she has seen at least 200 shows now, she was there all day again on Tuesday.

dreamfactorydiva

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 pm    Author: dreamfactorydiva    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Ron wrote:
Are they flexible about dates? My somewhat draconian family were all about the 'You can't miss any uni time!' the moment I told them I was going to.

that's actually a good question! h2005, would you be able to answer that? :)

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:52 pm    Author: Ron    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

garylq wrote:
Welcome to the forum Ron. Don't worry, most of us don't bite!

Did you know that super-fan Marcy Kingsley is also from Weston. I have tried to persuade her to join-up here but she refuses, however I know she does have a nose-about as a guest every now and then!

http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk/backstage/fans-/marcy/

That's an old interview, I reckon she has seen at least 200 shows now, she was there all day again on Tuesday.

200 shows, that's quite an achievement, I'm not sure I would have the commitment - after the late night we had on Tuesday (bad idea, I know...), I was getting tired toward the end of the day of filming yesterday and losing concentration, and that was only on my 4th show! It is an addictive experience though, so kudos to her. There was someone who had claimed to have been to almost 1,000 shows, at a guess she was mid-50s with blonde hair. Whether she was making it up is another thing.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Ron wrote:
There was someone who had claimed to have been to almost 1,000 shows, at a guess she was mid-50s with blonde hair. Whether she was making it up is another thing.

She really does go to pretty much every game. At least, I've seen her (and occasionally spoken to her) at every game I've attended this year.

It all makes my own 41 times in the audience (so far) seem rather paltry by comparison...

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

dreamfactorydiva wrote:
Ron wrote:
Are they flexible about dates? My somewhat draconian family were all about the 'You can't miss any uni time!' the moment I told them I was going to.

that's actually a good question! h2005, would you be able to answer that? :)

I don't know to be honest - I just went when I was asked to, no questions asked!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

welcome to the looney bin ron :-D

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Welcome. Have fun. Image

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Hi Ron hope that you enjoy it here

I am 18 as well, I live closer to the studio than you do. I live in Bristol but in the north subrubs, the deal or no deal studio is in the south subrubs. I have been to the studio a few times but stopped going for the past month so I could think about my future, I probably will go back one day.

sherriebettyboopfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm    Author: sherriebettyboopfan    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

MisterAl wrote:
Ron wrote:
There was someone who had claimed to have been to almost 1,000 shows, at a guess she was mid-50s with blonde hair. Whether she was making it up is another thing.

She really does go to pretty much every game. At least, I've seen her (and occasionally spoken to her) at every game I've attended this year.

It all makes my own 41 times in the audience (so far) seem rather paltry by comparison...
Hello Is her name Lynne?

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

welcome to the forums!! and good luck with uni, what will you be studying?

Clare xx :-D

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

sherriebettyboopfan wrote:
Hello Is her name Lynne?

Do you know what? I have no idea!

Perhaps I'll ask her when I'm next at the studios this coming Tuesday.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

Hi Ron! :smt006 I'm a newbie too, refugee from C4 site! How fab you've been to dream Factory so often!! :smt023 It's an amazing day out isn't. I met Luke and Sherrie (who are on here too) there the last time, was great to meet up with some fellow forumers! :D Lucky you and living so close to studios as well. I used to live in Bristol so went to Weston super mare a few times! T'was nice. What's happened to the pier?? Is it fixable? :ponder:

sherriebettyboopfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: sherriebettyboopfan    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

MisterAl wrote:
sherriebettyboopfan wrote:
Hello Is her name Lynne?

Do you know what? I have no idea!

Perhaps I'll ask her when I'm next at the studios this coming Tuesday.
Lucky you! Have a great time! I think she chatted to me & Julie last time we both went. If its the lady i'm thinking of i always see her in the audience.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

There was a blonde-haired woman who always used to stand at the front of the audience queue and wave frantically as the coach pulled in every morning... in fact she's probably still standing there now, waving.

I guess it's her that we're talking about in this thread.

jivealex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:41 am    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

no need for an essay

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:06 am    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: Shy Newbie

jivealex wrote:
no need for an essay

Are you a robot and this is one of your programmed responses?

Smee Smee Smee.

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]