Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:30 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
The Travelodge is quite far from the studios. It took about 10 mins to get from the contestants' hotel to the studio by coach (using the bus lanes although it was normally in the rush hour), and that was in the opposite direction to the city centre and Travelodge. It took about 15 minutes to walk into the city centre from the contestants' hotel by foot.

I stayed at the Bristol Travelodge a couple of years ago with an acquaintance of mine, and it took about 10 - 15 mins to walk from there to the city centre. So it is quite a trek to get from the Travelodge to the studios, as I think it's on the opposite side of the city centre... although there may be a ring road or something that I'm not aware of, as I've only ever done the Travelodge - city centre - contestants' hotel route by foot!

Just a note about the Travelodge. As a lot of you are aware, I stayed there March 9th, got a taxi there in the evening but decided to walk the following morning to the studios due to the rush hour.

It is a fair way - I would say it took me about 45 minutes to get to the studios, but that included a detour to locate the shopping centre, so probably a bit quicker direct. It's easy to find the right route, as you just follow signs for TM station, then down Bath Rd./ Wells Rd to Paintworks.

If you're going to be spending just as much time in a queue anyway, I think it's worth saving the money and walking and getting the exercise. However, if you're not good at walking, Taxi is clearly the better option!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Warnings: 0
Welcome. Excellent response you've had. Enjoy your visit.

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]