Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Hello-newbie here!

Warnings: 0
Hey all!

Massive DOND fan here and was thinking about setting up my own blog to talk about the show when I came across this site!! Dont know any other fans of the show apart from my mother so its nice to have somewhere to go and chat about it! Just finished watching Walters game from yesterday....it was such a funny and entertaining show but I cant believe that he only went away with £1!!!! He gave such entertainment and really didn't deserve to go away with so little! He wasn't as entertaining as Mary but he was still very funny! I actually lost three of my favourite characters this week...Walter, Barbara and the gorgeous Alfie!!

Maybe some of u can help me with a query about Andy's game....I haven't missed a show in months and there was an error on my Sky+ the day of Andy's game so I didn't get to see it. I saw what he won but I missed the whole joke with the newbie on the day (Russ) and the whole 'welcome' thing. Maybe someone could let me know what thats about please??

Thanks,

Damien.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums dark_knight. :wave:

When Noel said "Welcome" to Russ who was the newbie, he said "Welcome" back to Noel, which is how the whole "WELCOME" thing started.

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hey-thx for the reply and for the welcome!

I partly guessed thats what happened with Russ....was just afraid I had missed something else.....hate when I miss an episode!!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:08 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!
Forum Games Moderator

:welcome: to the forums!

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Thanks Skyline!

rico7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Welcome to the forums Damien!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

foxxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hiya!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hello! And WELCOME!!!!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Welcome to the forums dark_night :wave:

Plus if you check out this link >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuN-wEOKZY << you can see Russ' welcome to the show from Andy's game and how the whole welcome theme started.

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hey all!

Thanx for the welcome messages and thanx to u as well Mike for that link.....I see that I didn't miss much but it was bugging me...HATE when I miss an episode! Have any of u guys been on the show or plan to be on it? I've thought of applying but i've been told that application is not open to people outside the UK (I'm in Ireland!).

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

hi dark_knight and welcome to the forums!

i should have welcomed you before, sorry about that! :oops:

I am on the show at the moment, Clare-Louise on the west wing! There are a few other contestants on here too, Dan, Mel, Andreas, Jimmy, Alfonso, ex players Andy and Carol sometimes have a browse!

Glad you're enjoying the shows! hope you're enjoying the forum!
Im not sure about going on the show from Ireland, I wouldnt like to say! :-D

Im sure others will be more knowledgable than me!!
Clare-Louise :smt023

jimmycross

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 pm    Author: jimmycross    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

WELCOME mate! :D
Hope your enjoyin the shows as much as we did!

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Oh wow-didn't realise there were people from the game on the forum....thanx for ur message Clare-Louise! I play this silly guessing game with my partner before the show comes on everyday about which contestant will be playing and u have been my guess for the past 2 or 3 days! Best of luck if it is u today or whenever u do sit in the crazy chair!

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

dark_knight wrote:
Oh wow-didn't realise there were people from the game on the forum....thanx for ur message Clare-Louise! I play this silly guessing game with my partner before the show comes on everyday about which contestant will be playing and u have been my guess for the past 2 or 3 days! Best of luck if it is u today or whenever u do sit in the crazy chair!

haha sorry that it has meant you have been wrong!! and im sure you're not the only one who likes to guess the player!! hehe...sorry i cant give u any hints, it just wouldnt be fair!! :laughing

keep watching though, its a great week coming up!

dark_knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:55 pm    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

No worries...I like the surprise when I watch the show! Hi to u too Jimmy.....really enjoying u on the show as well!

I just realised that there is a separate area for people to introduce themselves which I didn't see before I started this thread....Sorry!!!!

AndyStav

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 am    Author: AndyStav    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Welcom Damien!

Im Andreas from the East Wing!! :)

If you do miss an episode, have you tried watching it from the official DOND site? Not sure if you can watch it in Ireland tho. But worth a go!

Deffo worth applying if you can! I had the time of my life there and met some amazing people too!! You just cant put a price on that!

Hope you enjoy love week!! I know we did!! (Even tho I still have painful memories!!!! Can't say more than that!! lol :smt046 )

Andy (Andreas) :D

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:19 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Welcome!! :D

dark_knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 am    Author: dark_knight    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hey Andreas and Tom!

Thanks for the welcome! I have tried watching episodes but it doesn't seem to work here in Ireland.....thankfully it is very rare that I do miss one...cant remember the last time I missed one apart from Andys! I'm going to register on the official site this week and then see if I can put in an application....would LOVE to be on the show! I got the Deal or no Deal for my Wii at Christmas but its just not the same thing! Love week has been great so far (i've only seen Alfonso and Ash!) just waiting for someone to really beat the banker tho! I'm intrigued about ur game tho....cant wait to see what happens! I hope it went very well for u tho!

Damien!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:29 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Hello-newbie here!

Hello and welcome to the forums!

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]