Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:20 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

Zeddie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject: General Stats and Random Facts for January 2007.

Warnings: 0
I posted these in Bunney's game thread, but I think they'd be appropriate here too.

Payout: £883,485.99
Total Box Values (after swaps, including Bunney's post-deal swap): £1,359,526.50

So the total winnings this month were just under 65% of what they would've been if all the boxes were opened

6/8 people would've benefited from dealing rather than opening their box.

9/19 people would've benefited from opening their box rather than dealing.

8/27 people took the most money possible out of their game (this doesn't include Bunney because he would've swapped). They were: Frank, Laura, Brian, Jennifer, Gabrielle, Ryan, Julie, Stella

Feel free to add more :o

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: General Stats and Random Facts for January 2007.

Zeddie wrote:
I posted these in Bunney's game thread, but I think they'd be appropriate here too.

Payout: £883,485.99
Total Box Values (after swaps, including Bunney's post-deal swap): £1,359,526.50

So the total winnings this month were just under 65% of what they would've been if all the boxes were opened

6/8 people would've benefited from dealing rather than opening their box.

9/19 people would've benefited from opening their box rather than dealing.

8/27 people took the most money possible out of their game (this doesn't include Bunney because he would've swapped). They were: Frank, Laura, Brian, Jennifer, Gabrielle, Ryan, Julie, Stella

Feel free to add more :o

I DETEST post deal swaps. You can't assume a swap would have been offered. In my eyes any thing that happens between the word "DEAL" and the opening of box 5 doesn't exist statistically.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:27 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that the banker always offers a swap when the £250,000's in play so everyone has the chance to win it.

nicks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:06 pm    Author: nicks    Post subject:

hi zeddie

i don't understand your numbers - i counted 31 players in Jan 07

what does 6/8 etc mean?

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:25 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

How can you have 31 players when there were only 27 games?

nicks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:48 pm    Author: nicks    Post subject:

ok, my bad :)

i counted 31 days in Jan 07, i missed the fact that four had no numbers after them

i understand 27, i still don't understand 6/8, 9/19

..wait a minute..

<bulb dimly flickering over nicks head>

..does /8 mean there were 8 box openers?

so /19 means there were 19 dealers - 8 + 19 = 27

but

6 + 9 = 15 (who would have benefited by acting differently)

8 (took the max)

15 + 8 = 23

so 4 people wouldn't have benefited by acting differently but didn't take the max either. i still don't understand

<bulb goes out>

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:13 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

nicks wrote:
8 (took the max)

15 + 8 = 23

so 4 people wouldn't have benefited by acting differently but didn't take the max either. i still don't understand

<bulb goes out>

The 8 people who got the most out of their game (i.e. dealing or opening their box) are not the only remains of the 27 when you minus the 15 who should've acted differently.

I didn't mention anything about the people who would've benefited from taking a different offer.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]