Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:18 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:18 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:05 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Warnings: 0
Fully Updated

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Updated details for March 2013.

Shan becomes only the 4th player to achieve the nightmare 2nd round. No player has yet to do the opposite.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:37 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Hey, as my life's hit a bit of a dead end, I spent a few days updating the list (all on page 1).

Stuff worth pointing out:

We have now had three 1 in 680 perfect rounds, all within 2014.

Only one person has removed the £75k, £100k and £250k in the first three boxes and we had to wait until this March for it to happen.

We've only had nine 1 in 165 nightmare rounds, with only three since the start of the 2010s decade, some way underneath the expected amount. You can't even fill up a wing with those numbers.

Amazingly, only once has someone removed the £250k followed by the £100k in the first two boxes, way back in 2006 as well.

Well, enjoy!

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:41 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

I would be interested to know which game defied the odds the greatest and by what margin?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

After £7,180 Jeff's game, American Coupon Boy wrote:
You should add what Jeff did today. The odds of taking out the lowest sums in order from 8 box to 2 box AND having the higher sum in his box is 1/(8*7*6*5*4*3*2) or 1 in 40,320. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think this answers your question.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:31 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Wasn't brendas game in 2006 about 1 in 50,000 at one point?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:18 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

The most improbable event in Brenda's game was leaving the top 8 amounts to 9 box, which is a 1 in 35,530 chance.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Fully updated as of 11/11/2015.

After nothing in the way of perfect 1 in 680 second rounds for over eight years, we've had four since 2014.

Only once have the three pence amounts and the three largest amounts been wiped out in the first three picks of the game. These instances are separated by nearly eight exact years, James on 17/03/06 and Wayne on 05/03/14.

Still only 9 people have achieved the nightmare 1 in 165 4th round, this is falling far short of the average and *only* three of these rounds have occurred since January 2010, getting on for 6 years now.

Amazingly, with a decade of shows under the DOND belt, only *once* has somebody removed the £250k followed by the £100k in the first two boxes. Joey on 27/12/06, the show's youngest contestant at only four years old.

Two players have now removed the £75k as part of the 'perfect' 6th round, Gill on 09/10/2012 and Max on 19/10/2015 - these were in proveouts. Conversely, Laurence on 25/06/2010 and Steph on 21/01/2013 removed the 50p as part of the nightmare 6th round, but Laurence had the misfortune of being in live play. Both players actually had a nightmare final three consisting of the pence amounts, but with Steph there was absolutely no fanfare at all, I don't even recall the board being displayed on screen.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Updated fully right up to the show's demise - in the Dream Factory. I haven't got the stats for the Celebrity editions nor the On Tour shows and they will be detailed separately as and when.

Here are some facts that can now never be altered:

The one and only time that £250k and £100k were revealed in that order in the first two picks of the game occurred on the 27th December 2006 with Joey.

The record for the worst ever opening round was smashed and would have forever been unbeatable after Jean on the 14th January 2016 wiped out the Power 5. No mean feat I can tell you. Imagine that there are 26,334 people in a stadium and you need to pick out just one of those people. One person has a green bean in his pocket, everyone else has a red bean. You randomly pick the person who presents you with the green bean. Basically, Jean gone and done that.

We have had five perfect 2nd rounds and all of them occurred in a relatively short time frame considering the 1 in 680 odds - January 2014 and March 2016. None at all for over eight years and then three in one year and five in just over two.

You can fill up an entire wing with the 11 contestants who hit the 1 in 364 nightmare 3rd round. Funnily enough, you couldn't do that with the amount who hit the 1 in 165 nightmare 4th round, just 9 players. One of these rounds, which befell Chris in March 2009, happened in front of the eyes of two audience dwelling ex-contestants who knew the odds and supplied the knowledge to Chris. What's more, it resulted in an all-blue 8 box and that was something special indeed.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:10 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Best/Worst Possible Rounds

Two small items of note:

You have Sue from October 2016 listed as having the nightmare 6th round when she had the perfect 6th round.

Also, in your opening round stats, you may want to include Jake from April 2015 who hit the 1 in 7,315 chance of finding the lowest 4 blues in his first four selections.

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]