Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Liverpool finally get Torres

Warnings: 0
Liverpool unveiled Spaish ace Fernando Torres today as their first major signing of the summer, costing the Reds £20million upfront and possibly seveal millions more depending on his success.

And outside the Premiership, Sheffield United overcame their relegation heartache after losing their arbitration hearing yesterday, by bringing back *beep* ace Billy Sharp back to Bramhall Lane.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ciara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
He missed two sitters in our friendly match tonight!

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

But he's already looking a decent signing in my opinion!

Great match last night; loved all the new signings on the field. And well done with the result!

Pepe Reina will start to earn Spain call-ups if he keeps his performances up; last night he wasn't at his best but still did well for his first match back in action since May! He's only 24 as well!

And even better, Manchester United were held in their match...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
But he's already looking a decent signing in my opinion!

Great match last night; loved all the new signings on the field. And well done with the result!

Pepe Reina will start to earn Spain call-ups if he keeps his performances up; last night he wasn't at his best but still did well for his first match back in action since May! He's only 24 as well!

And even better, Manchester United were held in their match...

Didn't Scott Carson play last night?

And Reina is completely overrated.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

OMG it was Carson wasn't it?

That's two friendlies now that Reina hasn't played!

Ciara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:25 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Carson played today and conceded a very soft goal. A free-kick from 40 yards!

Torres, Babel and Lucas, three of the new players, will be available for your viewing pleasure on Sky Sports 1 on Friday (1:30pm), as we play Portsmouth in the final of the Asia Tournament.

We won 1-3 today - Riise with a spectacular free-kick, Alonso with a penalty and the Chelsea Dagger with the 3rd.

It's early doors but of all our new signings, Voronin has impressed me the most.

If we get Heinze, I will be delighted. That will have been 3 key areas that we needed to strengthen, strengthened - left back, left midfield and upfront.

I cannot wait for the new season!

Ciara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:36 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

He got his first goal for us today in the Rotterdamn Tournament. It was a beautiful finish after nice work from Benayoun to create the opening.

I have my reservations about Torres, about how well he will settle and adapt to English football. He could flop but he has all the physical attributes to make it in this league. Time will tell - I just hope he is given as long as necessary. Just because he cost £18 million or whatever it was, he shouldn't be expected to just 'fit in', it's going to take time.

This season, I am hoping for big things from Kuyt. Hopefully playing with Torres will allow him to push up and play off the shoulder of the last defender where he will get more goals. Last season he came deep too often to get the ball and we were left with virtually no-one in the box!

I can't wait for the new season - bring it on!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:34 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Torres is like Kuyt and Tevez last season - he just needs to gel in.

Let's hope he can gel in as easily as McCarthy and Berbatov did!

I've always been a fan of him since we faced him in an international.

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]