Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

tr4962

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
James blake is actually half english and half american, my Grandfather's cousin is James blakes Mother(who is english), which makes me james 2nd cousin

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Just found this while looking up about Wimbledon, which starts on 23 June and runs until 6 July.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7303124.stm

It's good to see the BBC has reserved the rights to show it until 2014, as it's really the only sport I enjoy watching and don't want to have to get Sky or whatever to be able to see it.

I believe there'll be another roof-less centre court this year... the roof is due to be in-place for the 2009 Championships.

Does anyone know if the players taking part in this year's Championships have been announced yet? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well one lady won't - Justine Henin rather shockingly retired yesterday!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's a shame to see no-one's even commented in this thread despite Wimbledon 2008 nearly reaching its halfway stage. As usual, I've not been religiously following it, but am following it enough to have a good idea of what's going on.

I see Andy Murray is his usual cheerful self, but I still think he could end up doing better than Henman ever did at Wimbledon. Talking of Henman... I see he's now a commentator on the matches... and I don't think he does a great job. Chris Eaton has turned up out of the blue but I think he could go far... or he might not. We'll see.

Have they had any rain delays yet? I think it's been one of the driest Wimbledons ever so far, considering this time last year I think they'd lost about 3 days of play due to bad weather....

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I'm watching it religiously, all day every day since it started. Huge shock today with Sharapova going out, and Djokovic already out. The Brits have done well so far, in particular Eaton and Murray.

No rain delays at all so far, which is amazing considering last year when we had loads of rain breaks.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I've been watching a good deal, but completely forgotten about this thread!

Spent the afternoon watching Murray cruise into the last 32, and then after Deal or No Deal, watching one of Wimbledon's greatest shocks; Maria Sharapova, the 2004 Ladies Champion, completely outclassed by a young fellow Russian! :shock:

Other shocks so far include Davydenko and Djokovic.

And tr4962 won't be happy - James Blake was eliminated today as well!

Chris Eaton is currently playing one of Henman's last rivals, Dmitry Tursunov. Tursunov has just taken the first set through a hard-fought tie-break!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I've watched a ridiculous amount over the last week and it's just great to watch! Murray is looking great but I cant see him getting past the quarters where he'll probably face Nadal and I cant see Eaton getting past tonights match (being a set and a game down at the moment).

I'm liking the odd fashions that seem to be going around as well... tuxedos, cardigans and big raincoats, I cant see what it's got to do with tennis but it's quite funny to watch.

I cant see anyone but the big two winning the Mens singles and it's got to be one of the Williams sisters again in the Womens singles... just got to hope the weather holds out now!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Completely agree with the men's prediction; you just KNOW it's going to be another Federer/Nadal Final - it's just a matter of who will win it.

But Murray is on fine form at the moment; I'd love to see him play Nadal and see who deserves to progress from there.

As for the women's, I predicted Sharapova wouldn't last long, so as big as today's shock was, I wasn't exactly surprised - she should just quit tennis and completely focus on her modelling :roll:

But Ivanovic I want to see win this year - she is certainly one to watch.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
Completely agree with the men's prediction; you just KNOW it's going to be another Federer/Nadal Final - it's just a matter of who will win it.

But Murray is on fine form at the moment; I'd love to see him play Nadal and see who deserves to progress from there.

As for the women's, I predicted Sharapova wouldn't last long, so as big as today's shock was, I wasn't exactly surprised - she should just quit tennis and completely focus on her modelling :roll:

But Ivanovic I want to see win this year - she is certainly one to watch.

I agree with you that Ivanovic should win, I enjoy seeing her batting all those balls! :shock: By the way which country is she from let me guess..............erm.........Croatia! :roll:

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:46 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Nope, as with a couple of other high profile players, she's from Serbia.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I've been watching odd bits here and there. I always follow Wimbledon though..

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Another big shock to complete the fourth day - Tipsarevic has beaten previous two-time runner up Andy Roddick!

He's one of my faves, the last player to be world number one before the Federer era began. He also has the world record for the fastest serve! :)

Too bad he's out now :(

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:40 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

I'm glad Tipsy won! He's been underrated for too long and he played an awesome match. Delighted Sharapova lost though!

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
Nope, as with a couple of other high profile players, she's from Serbia.

Oh right, thanks for correcting me. :)

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
I've been watching a good deal, but completely forgotten about this thread!

Spent the afternoon watching Murray cruise into the last 32, and then after Deal or No Deal, watching one of Wimbledon's greatest shocks; Maria Sharapova, the 2004 Ladies Champion, completely outclassed by a young fellow Russian! :shock:

Other shocks so far include Davydenko and Djokovic.

And tr4962 won't be happy - James Blake was eliminated today as well!

Chris Eaton is currently playing one of Henman's last rivals, Dmitry Tursunov. Tursunov has just taken the first set through a hard-fought tie-break!

Yes, very disappointing,I'm gutted for him. As he's ranked 8th in the world i feel as if he could have gone a lot further had he won today. especially as some higher seeds had gone. But he did his best and thats what counts. Better luck next year James.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Roger Federer was untouchable yet again - he's in the last 16 and faces the last Wimbledon champion before his tenure began - Lleyton Hewitt!

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Welllll the womens number one seed and the world number one is out! Got to be one of the Williams sisters now.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I really thought Ivanovic would win it - so it's gotta be Venus Williams for me now!

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:41 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

They talk about court 2 being the 'Graveyard of Champions', but court 1 has seen the downfall of Nalbandian, Sharapova and Ivanovic (she could have been knocked out on the same court a round earlier) this year.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Andy Murray is playing to equal his all-time best by reaching the fourth round - he's up against Tommy Haas. Could be tricky!

And Janko Tipsarevic faces Dmitry Tursanov.

[ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]