Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:38 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:43 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Henry agrees £16million transfer deal with Barcelona

Warnings: 0
I so hope this isn't true...

Taken from skysports.com...

Barcelona claim they have agreed a £16million fee for Thierry Henry.

Reports in Spain have emerged suggesting the Arsenal striker has signed a four-year deal with Barcelona.

Cadena Ser radio, the station that broke the news of David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane's moves to Real Madrid, have stated that Barcelona will pay €24million (£16million) for the Arsenal forward.

The station, which quotes Barcelona officials, says Henry has already put pen-to-paper on a contract spanning until 2011.

Spanish newspapers have also reported the story, but a spokesman from Barcelona has told Sky Sports News that the deal is not yet finalised.

The spokesman claims Henry's move is 'not totally done and dusted' and has insisted that discussions are still ongoing between Arsene Wenger and his Barcelona counterparts.

Barcelona have been tracking Henry for over 12 months, despite the Frenchman signing a long-term deal with The Gunners last summer.

The Catalan giants are looking to strengthen this summer after losing out to Real Madrid in the Spanish title race.

And after Arsenal's disappointing season in the Premiership it appears Henry has made the decision to continue his career at Camp Nou.

Speculation about his future has continued to mount in recent weeks, especially since the departure of David Dein.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ciara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:54 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I'm gutted too! He'll be a big loss to the Premiership - probably my all-time favourite, non-Liverpool, Premiership player behind Pires.

Messi, Ronaldinho, Deco, Henry and Eto'o.

That is some forward line! :shock:

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

What I don't get is that Charlton Athletic are placing a higher pricetag on DARREN BENT - no way is he worth more than Henry!!!

Anyways, back on subject, that transfer is all but done now - Henry is in Barcelona completing a medical and is scheduled to be paraded in a Barca shirt this evening in front of thousands of Barca fans!

GUTTED!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ciara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:51 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

I guess with Bent, you're buying potential. It's crazy money but that's the way it is for a young English player these days.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Tell me about it!

I mean for example, one year later and we don't hear anything about young Theo Walcott, do we?

Anyways, life goes on, and Barcelona will surely pwn everyone they face now providing injuries don't get in the way.

Four world class forwards (five if you wanna count Gudjohnsen)!

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:02 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

A big loss to the Premiership, definitely - the only good thing that could come out of it is the end of the "Big Four" and a real battle for the last Champions League place next season.

Ciara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:09 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

If Arsenal don't strengthen i.e. a new goalscorer and a goalscoring winger, then I think Spurs could get in there ahead of them (or us if we don't strengthen). Spurs still need a quality central midfielder and a quality left winger but if they get them, along with Bent - they'll close the gap on Arsenal and Liverpool further, IMO.

Could be an exciting season!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:17 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I can't see Arsenal finishing any higher than third, to be honest. I'd like to see Spurs get the fourth Champions League spot, that'd be good.

As long as United win the title, I'll be happy.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Spurs will be the best North London club now, simple as that. As long as they keep Berbatov playing alongside Keane upfront, they'll go so far!

If they get Darren bent, they surely wouldn't keep Defoe, so that would be a possibility for the Gunners, if they don't get Anelka. Can't see either happening meself, but oh well!

Anyways, back on topic, if anyone didn't see the news conference this afternoon, Henry was close to tears as he revealed how excited he was to open this new chapter of his career.

At least he got the number 14 shirt!

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]