Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: The Official BTCC thread
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Well, with the first of 2 BTCC Events this year at thruxton[this fri-sun coming], Andover coming up, time to create a thread

Both events of course, i am going 51 miles on thursday to set up a tent and then come back, and then on friday going the 51 miles again and staying there at thruxton till sunday evening.

should have called this the BTCC speculation thread

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BlairM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:27 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

I flew down for the Brands round, and I really hated having to wait till 4pm to see the races from the Rockingham rounds !

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Off to Thruxton again dan. Lucky buga have fun!

BTW slap Matt Neal for me. :-D

justcause110

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 am    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

So hows everyone liking the way ITV are doing things this year then :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

well nick....I'm off to thruxton TWICE this year :smt118 :smt028 :smt077 :smt103 :smt110

and dont worry thats probably the first thing i do when i see him bar taking a pic

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

And did i mention theres a good chance me and me dad are becoming BARC members this year

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:06 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

justcause110 wrote:
So hows everyone liking the way ITV are doing things this year then :-D

NO.

I've recorded every BTCC meeting since 1997, and now it's on digital so I can't record it.
All I get is crappy 23 minuite highlights. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

I hate highlights. I hate digital. I have always...Disliked ITV. Mainly because i record at thruxton with......A Camera!! :-D Or maybe this year....A Camcorder, although they cost a lot. might have to wait till october for that

Also, WHY have two meetings at one place in one single year? Its always been the case with thruxton, or since 2002 when i first went there anyway, that they only have one meeting there a year. Simple, easy, and we dont have to be bribed by the guys at littlechef on the way there twice. But 2007 though? Nah, they've mixed it up completely AND to cap it all off, this saturday i will have to go up to the hill by the apex - or somewhere near the apex[by this i mean within 1/5 of a mile] with my deck chair and unbrella, at 16:25. On SATURDAY. I mean, its normal there for qualifying to finish on saturday, and then the first 1 or 2 races begin about 4PM but 4>? Although, it does mean more to watch than last year

Plus, now i see the other side of things, its a advantage to me - i get to go there twice this year. That means i went once in 2002, on raceday, the same in 2003, and in 2004, March 28th 2005 we went there on raceday to a BARC meeting, April 29th-May1st 2005 we camped there fri-sun, then july 23rd[sat]2005 we spent 8 hours getting there - the van's engine seized up, luckily it decided to work again but we needed 3 litres of water ever 5mins, and we camped at thruxton till the sunday night, another BARC event
Then one june 2/3/4 2006 i invited my wee friend Patrick to come with us for the weekend, was probably the best time i had there
Then the latest time was just me and me dad, sat sept 30th/sunOct 1st 2006 - particularly memorable since i watched Sarah-jane's game on the tiny portable TV and ate all the rich teas within 5 hours of arrival.

that makes.....
8 times i have already been to thruxton, and this weekend is the 9th. Cant wait till later in the year,i think i will have officially become a part of thruxton circuit itself

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:01 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

I think a corner should be named after you ;)

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:11 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Dan, Thruxton used to have 2 meetings a year between 96-99, then it only had one.
It's got two meetings this year cos Silverstone isn't on the calender.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:43 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Aah i see - the first time i went was 2002 and i was 7 so i didnt really take any notice. So they're reverting back to what they used to do, then? Interesting.....

and jmas, good idea lol

justcause110

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

I know the bananas look familar, but jmas hasn't replied in this board :lol:

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

daniel123 wrote:
Aah i see - the first time i went was 2002 and i was 7 so i didnt really take any notice. So they're reverting back to what they used to do, then? Interesting.....

I was there in 2002 as well. You weren't that little *beep* that was screaming all the way through the feature race? :lol:

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

no lol :-D :-D innocent

just about to go down there now[gates [open about 5pm] to set the tent up, and then tomorrow afternoon we might do a spot of fishing, have a mackyD's and go back to the camp site where hopefully our tent will still remain mostly undestroyed. :lol:

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:41 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Well have fun....i'm sure you will. Value for money compared to F1.

Don't forget to slap Matt Neal. :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:06 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

I wont lol

tent set up last night...we were the only people there from 5pm to 8pm. Tranquility compared to sunday i tell you
So we're going back up tonight where we will stay until sunday night, and then come back

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

well after a hot friday, cold saturday morning[went down to the Jackaroo restaurant at 9AM to get breakfast] and two rather sahara-desert like days, it being freezing in the morning boiling midday and more freezing at night

also we had a"Visitor", a drunk man who decided to stay the night in our tent - he tried to piss in the tent, eventually dissappeared at midday today lol

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

oh and i bought two vauxhall T-shirts aswell, one grey mainly and with vauxhall and the vauxhall badge on it, and the other one mainly black partly red with VXR on it

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:19 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Quite a good days racing. Out of watching BTCC or DOND, BTCC wins every time.
Did you see Kelvin Burt's Porsche crash!? :shock:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:59 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Was putting the tent away at the time, but i heard from the guy next to us that the car was un-recognisable after the crash. He got out of the car though - thats always a good sign

the only major crash of the day and i miss it
Also missed the last race of the day, we wanted to get back by 7PM lol

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]