Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Football: What needs to be done?

Warnings: 0
Right well everyone has an opinion but what needs to be done about...

Refereeing
Fake injuries
Offside
Respect for refereeing

In my opinion...
Refereeing: Everyone realises that in the spirit of fair play something needs to be done about the refs at the moment... If I was in charge of FIFA (and I'd be better at the job than Platinni, I think anyone would) I'd have a video ref panel at every top level game. Then we should have a tennis style referral system where the managers of both sides get 3 referrals a half and every correct decision earns an extra referral... that sort of thing. Oh and we need an appeals panel for all red, yellow cards and all of those tackles that needed action. Oh oh... every time someone dives their name should flash up on the big screen and they should get an immediate yellow card.

Fake injuries: I think that players that are injured need a good 5 minutes of recovery time just to make sure they are ok... So every time someone needs the physio they get taken to a 'medical bin' and unless someone was really injured they could be subbed out of the game immediately.

Offside: Something still doesn't seem right about the current offside system to me. Way over complicated but I don't really know what they should do about it... :ponder:

Respect for refereeing: Refs need miking up. Players will soon realise that it looks bad remonstrating and swearing at a ref when it is recorded and all their sponsors and family are listening...

Kick Plattini out.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:39 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Football: What needs to be done?

Regarding the whole respect for refs thing.. I was talking to my Dave last night (someone has to) and I was going about Ashley Cole and when he got sent off for being... well not very nice to the ref basicly.

It's disgusting how some of the player talk to the ref and seem to enjoy winding them up.

It's fair enough to get heated with the ref if u dont agree with something but some (ie cole) seem to enjoy it no matter what.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Football: What needs to be done?

Tom

The problem with football is that unlike the other sports where technology is used (tennis, cricket, rugby union, American football), sometimes when it is needed in football, there is no natural break. How would you stop and start the game if someone wanted to query the handball decisions last night? What if the after a Barcelona player had handled the ball, had a Barcelona defender cleared the ball up the pitch and within 15 seconds, Barcelona had put the ball in the net?

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:35 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: Football: What needs to be done?

Newcastle needs to stay up!! that's what needs to be done....Howay the lads!! :smt026

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]