Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:57 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

Who will win?
Poll ended at Wed May 17, 2006 8:03 pm
Barcelona 77%  77%  [ 7 ]
Arsenal 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9

Ian W

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject: Champions League Final

Warnings: 0
The Champions League Final is tomorrow and I really hope it is as exciting as the FA Cup Final on Saturday. I really hope Barcelona to win beacuse I'm a Tottenham supporter. I think Barcelona are the better team and are wll equiped to win, where as Arsenal are a much younger team and not as experienced.

simone

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:09 pm    Author: simone    Post subject:

I really think that Barcalona will win the Champions League I just think that they are by far the better team & have a lot of better players Arsenal really only have 1 real good player & thats Thierry Henry

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

simone wrote:
I really think that Barcalona will win the Champions League I just think that they are by far the better team & have a lot of better players Arsenal really only have 1 real good player & thats Thierry Henry

Fabregas is world class too - I think Arsenal have a chance if Ronaldinho has an off day.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:22 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Barcelona are just that bit better than Arsenal, so I'm afraid I'm going for Barcelona.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:23 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
Barcelona are just that bit better than Arsenal, so I'm afraid I'm going for Barcelona.

Me too :)

Last edited by Qwerty on Tue May 16, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**Kay**

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:24 pm    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

Qwerty wrote:
greeny wrote:

Meo too :)

and me!!!!!

KP

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'm staying with the general consensus.

The absence of Lionel Messi won't hurt Barcelona, if anything it will help them as they can replace him with a more experienced and more defensive midfielder who can win the ball for Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco to weave their magic.

Fabregas - and Messi - are going to be world class. I don't think they are there quite yet; Messi shows flashes of brilliance and Fabregas is consistent, but I'd rank them just short of the highest class for now.

3-1 Barcelona is my prediction, with the Arsenal goal from Henry and the Barcelona goals from Eto'o, Deco and Giuly.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:09 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Oh my Arsenal lost on home turf! :-D Glad a Spanish team won, and a French team didn't.

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:12 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

nick wrote:
Oh my Arsenal lost on home turf! :-D Glad a Spanish team won, and a French team didn't.

No a Norwegian team won... the ref and his two linesmen.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:50 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Yes, Mr Hauge had a bit of a shocker if truth be told. The red card was spot on but his inconsistency was shockingly bad for a European Cup final. However, Arsenal fans shouldn't be using him as a reason for their defeat - Barcelona were the better team on the night and if it wasn't for the ref giving Arsenal a free-kick for absolutely nothing, I don't think they would have even scored at all.

Maud

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:06 am    Author: Maud    Post subject:

How great was that game, im from an Arsenal area but hate the team.

Did anyone see TH's interview with sky? He slagged off the Ref and most of Barcelonas players. He said something along the lines of Ronaldhinio being overated, oh and he argues with the ref after he got his medal too, what a prat.

**Kay**

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:22 am    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

Maudy wrote:

Did anyone see TH's interview with sky? He slagged off the Ref and most of Barcelonas players. He said something along the lines of Ronaldhinio being overated, oh and he argues with the ref after he got his medal too, what a prat.

yeah he was not happy at all!!!!! he blamed the ref over and over again

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject:

Maudy wrote:

The ref was crap. Any ref with a half a brain cell would have allowed the goal to stand. Too right he slagged off the Barca players, what kind of fair sportsman gesture yellow cards to the ref when they get fouled?! As for Henry's booking, well if you get booked for wanting to win the ball and only focusing on the ball then we might as well re-write the rules of the game.
I admire Arsenal as they have reached the Champions League Final without spending loads of cash on players (*Chelsea and now Tottenham*), they have some of the best young players i the world (Fabregas, Eboue, Senderos) and most of all I think their fans are excellent.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

All I demand is a fair game and a good spectacle.

That was neither.

Horrendous refereeing. Lehmann's red card was fussy and, given the advantage, needless; Eboue could have been sent off for basically kicking van Bronkhorst in the groin (I can't call it a tackle), then dived to set up the free kick; Henry was indeed fouled a number of times without punishment, and was booked thanks to a dive from a Barcelona player; the whole game was farcical.

The only thing that could have made that game better was if the thunderstorms in Paris had become so severe that postponement was required. That match needed to start again with proper officials.

Maud

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:28 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

Deal or No Deal? wrote:
Maudy wrote:

The ref was crap. Any ref with a half a brain cell would have allowed the goal to stand. Too right he slagged off the Barca players, what kind of fair sportsman gesture yellow cards to the ref when they get fouled?! As for Henry's booking, well if you get booked for wanting to win the ball and only focusing on the ball then we might as well re-write the rules of the game.
I admire Arsenal as they have reached the Champions League Final without spending loads of cash on players (*Chelsea and now Tottenham*), they have some of the best young players i the world (Fabregas, Eboue, Senderos) and most of all I think their fans are excellent.

I lived 10 mins from Highbury for 25 years, never met many decent Arsenal supporters I can tell ya.

Arsenal always seem to whinge after games, every team has a game where they are treated unfair, theres nothing you can do, Im sure they have had times when they have had "luck" while others havent.

The Arsenal Goalkeeper Gave an excellent interview, he said "it's over now" meaning lets not go on about it, whats done is done, moaning and slagging people off will not change it.

Oh and I was a supporter in the days of George Graham, when they sacked him I went off them.

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]