Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:55 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Warnings: 0
All I can say is that United have probably done the wisest thing by resigning themselves; they surely knew he was going to leave very soon, whether it be this summer or the next; there's no way he was going to stay in England.

On one side, I say good riddance; on another I say United's glory days may be over unless they put this £80million to good use...let's just hope players like Ribery will prefer United over Barcelona for example, he's the only player I can think of who could even attempt to fill that coveted number 7 shirt!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Their glory days are far from over, they still have IMO, the best squad in the league, and will continue to win trophies for a long time.

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Was at Wembley for the England game last night. We were very, very high up - any higher and we might have been needing oxygen... Was a great atmosphere inside although at times it felt more like a carnival event than a football match. I'm not sure if it came across on TV or not but 60000 people can make a hell of a load of noise - God knows what it would be like with 90000 there! This is a pic of the celebration after Lampard's goal, although you'll just have to take my word for it...

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Duffer was in the cheap seats I take it

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

If you fell going down those steps you'd keep rolling until you reached the pitch...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Another season over with.

Time for the best part: to look back on the pre-season predictions!

1 point for every correct prediction, 1/2 a point for a club which didn't win their respective League but still won promotion (Championship through Conference).

Davey said if Chelsea got Robinho or Kaka then they'd have won the Premier League; if not then Manchester United. So that's one point for me! I don't think I'm the only one who overestimated QPR to win the Championship :lol: I was hinting at Leeds to win League One, that also didn't happen! For League Two, I said Gillingham or Bradford...well at least Gillingham won promotion (over Shrewsbury might I add...) so that's half a point for me! I said Celtic, Real Madrid, Inter and Werden Bremen (as Bayern no longer had Kahn in goal)...so with some bragging rights there for Bayern not winning, but nor did Werder! I've picked up another point there for Inter though! I said Kitson would be the best transfer...if only I put that for worst haha! It would have been the only one worse than Deco, so at least I get a point for that! One point for saying West Brom would go down, but no more than that as neither Fulham or Hull joined them. I said Birmingham would get promoted on a seperate prediction, so that's another half point. I said Zaki would make Wigan the biggest PL overachievers...up until Christmas I was waltzing...then he stopped scoring. Bah! No points there...but I did correctly predict that Portsmouth would be the biggest underachievers (even though nobody knew Redknapp would be leaving back then!) I'll happily take that point anyway! No points for thinking Mowbray would be the first PL casualty...but to compromise with Fulham being the real team everyone would have watched out for (given their top-7 finish), I'll give myself half a mark for predicting Stoke would be the team to watch as they did overachieve thanks to two men in particular; the legends that are, Rory Delap and James Beattie! No points for predicting Forest would do well in the Championship though...for the last five or so matches maybe...bah!

6 1/2 points for Davey!

Greeny said Manchester United, Birmingham, Leeds United and Gillingham. That's 2 points; half a point each for Birmingham and Gillingham.

2 points for Greeny!

Tom said Manchester United, Reading, Leeds, Shrewsbury and Wrexham. That's one point so far. He then said Rangers, Real Madrid, Inter and Bayern to win their respective leagues. That's two more points for Rangers and Inter; three so far. He said Carlisle for the JPT...nope! I'm more than happy to award a point for predicting Grant Holt would be best transfer, given he never gave any PL predictions! Another point for saying Deco would be a flop especially come Winter! Infact I'm going to give him a bonus half mark for such a specific prediction! :) No points for relegation predictions, but a good point for agreeing with yours truly that Stoke would be overachievers! And given their summer expectations after buying Robinho, to predict Manchester City would be underachievers BEFORE they signed Robinho, I'm more than happy to give a point there too!

7 1/2 points for Tom!

Noel_Blobby (wherever he is now!) said Manchester United, Derby, Leeds Gillingham and Mansfield. That's 1 1/2 points. Another half a mark for seperately predicting Birmingham would win promotion. Two more for correcty predicting Rangers and Inter would win their respective leagues (Real Madrid and Werder not winning theirs). He got none of his cup predictions right, nor did he get any of the Premier League relegation clubs right. He did say Liverpool would be the biggest overachievers (quoting that they'd come third and they came second with their highest ever points tally) :lol: but then went with West Brom. Nil point there! Biggest underachievers to be Hull...on second half of the season alone then yes! But for the full season, then alas not :lol: He DID say Swansea would be the team to watch in the Championship, and I'm more than happy to give him a point for that! Nothing for Manchester City being the PL club to watch though! :lol:

5 points for NB!

I ALWAYS enjoy reading KP's predictions! :D He said Manchester United IF they invested in the money they received for what WAS an imminent departure for Ronaldo...if not then Arsenal. I think he should copy and paste that first part for the 09/10 predictions! :lol: I'm not nasty though so he still gets a point for saying United first. Half a mark for Birmingham, nothing for guessing Colchester would stop Leeds...I'm sorely tempted to give a sympathy half point as he wanted Leeds to stay in League One and they did! :lol: He said Bournemouth would score more points on the pitch than Gillingham (ignoring the point deduction), well that bit was wrong but he did say the Gills would win the league...half a point there as they didn't but still went up. Nothing for Wrexham though. He did say Celtic would win the SPL, but whoever out of Europe first would in practice win it...that was Rangers! So though the actual one was wrong, I'm giving him half a point there for such a clever prediction! Another point for Inter, none for saying both Barca and Real would flop, and nothing for Werder. No points for any of his cup predictions unfortunately. I'm more than happy to give him a point for saying Brad Friedel would be the best signing; he wasn't THE best but for a 37 year old to start afresh in the PL and keep so many clean sheets as well as many more class performances, then yeah he has had a blinder of a season! He said Ronaldo would be the best sale...again copy and paste this for 09/10, KP! :P Nothing for this season though. Nothing for the relegation predictions either. I'll give a point for saying Blackburn would underachieve (even if they only underachieved until Big Sam arrived!), but nothing for Liverpool underachieving, or Portsmouth to overachieve. Nothing for first PL managerial casualty as Hughes stayed, nothing for West Brom to be the team to watch, but I'll give half a point for saying Sheffield United would be the team to watch in the Championship...if they lost to Reading in the play-off final then I'd have given the full point but seeing as it was Burnley, Swansea or Burnley would have got the full point... :|

6 points for KP!

So...after a correction (forgetting Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga not Werder!), here's the scores:

Davey - 6 1/2
Greeny - 2
Tom - 7 1/2
NB - 5
KP - 6

It's a victory for the Ginger! Well played, Tom!

Now...bring on the new season!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]