Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

Your favourite sport(s) to play is...
Football 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Tennis 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Basketball 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Rugby 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Rallying (??) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Swimming 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Golf 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Badminton 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Running/Other athletics 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Snowboarding/Surfing/Skiing (Or any other extreme sports) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Cricket 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Hockey 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Darts 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Gymnastics or fitness (i.e. weights, treadmill...) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Trampolining 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Other... 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
I don't do sports - just watch them on TV 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I don't like sports 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 70

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Warnings: 0
You can choose up to 16 options.

I'm not a very sporty person myself, but I like doing the following:

Swimming
Badminton (I'm famous at my school for my ultra-slow serve)
Tennis
And Trampolining is fun, but I don't do an awful lot of it.

I don't really do any of these very often, but I certainly enjoy them. I do swimming more than the rest, and trampolining (i.e. me jumping on a trampoline) only happens if we are visiting friends or family who have one, although I did briefly do a short PE course at school with it. (Actually I did that with all of them bar Swimming)

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Obviously Football but since my knees have decided to fall apart at the sight of a football I haven't played for a good 2 years :( Still the most enjoyable thing to follow though! Come on Shrewsbury!!

Tennis is a great sport to play and I sort of spent most of my time when I was meant to be revising for me summer exams playing tennis on the courts positioned just outside the sixth form block...(bad planning I know but the PE teacher was even encouraging us by setting up tournaments..). God to follow as well! Come on Murray!!

Badminton is brilliant to play on my, nicely mown beautifully manicured, lawn on a Sunday evening in the middle of Summer...(How posh do I sound. :oops: )

I used to be so rubbish at cricket... and I still am but it's great to play and we've got a cricket pitch just about half a mile down the road so it's easily accessible..) But it's great to follow.. well England are anyway!

Darts is probably my second favourite sport to play and I've got my own dartboard set up to regulation heights and distances and I was a bit of alright at it this time last year but not so good anymore.

My favourite sport is easily Golf though... it's the one I've spent the most money on (no more than £20 mind...). I have quite a few clubs from across the range (all at dirt cheap prices) and a load of cheap golf balls that are littered in hedges around me house :oops: I play down the sports field just down the road and have a fairly decent swing going when I'm in the right mood :suspect: Very nice to follow as well and the Ryder cup coming up is going to be brilliant!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

You missed out "Shedball".

I used to love to play badmington, when I was about 15 I would go with my mum to the sports centre and have a few games after school, was fun and keeps you quite fit.

Golf is one I used to tinker with and would like to take up, was thinking of finding out how much it is at our local one, it's quite relaxing (plus those buggies look like fun woo).

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:33 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

I'm not very sporty but these sports i sort of enjoy doing :

Tennis
Swimming
Badminton
Hockey
Darts
Gymnastics/Fitness
Trampolining
Table tennis

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 am    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

I play football regularly for a team. Train once a week and play on Saturday's (Sept-May). I'm a goalkeeper. Safe hands 8)

As well as that, I play golf when I can (handicap is 19), and play a lot of darts too, although I find it incredibly frustrating because I know I can be really good at it but I'm so inconsistent. One day I'll throw a couple of 180's, the next I'm all over the place.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

I suddenly love you guys a lot! Must be an Aspie thing (Matt) to love Darts, especially for the maths side of it!

Darts is my second favourite sport behind football, my favourite player is James Wade - the sad day Phil Taylor retires, he's got to be the best in England!

I also love tennis and cricket, and thanks to Tom I started watching golf from last year! The only other sport I can get into, thanks to my dad and uncle, is Rugby Union...although Rugby League is definitely looking far more attractive nowadays (still think Union is better though)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:37 pm    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Big-Davey wrote:
Darts is my second favourite sport behind football, my favourite player is James Wade - the sad day Phil Taylor retires, he's got to be the best in England!

Even though it will be a sad day when Taylor retires, it will completely throw the sport wide open. Where as currently every major tournament has Taylor as the odds-on favourite, without him there you have so many guys in with a shot of going all the way. I think it'll make darts even more exciting.

Favourite player is without a doubt Simon Whitlock, but I'm also a big fan of Jelle Klaasen, Mervyn King and Paul Nicholson.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Nicholson for me too, especially after him stunning Taylor and King at the Players Championship...just too bad he lost his cool (and his top 16 place to another of my favourites, Gary Anderson) at the UK Open! :P

Might as well list my favourite players, in order of preference:

James Wade
Gary Anderson
Raymond van Barneveld
Simon Whitlock
Adrian Lewis
Andy Hamilton

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:38 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Snooker for me. Played for about 6/7 years now. Highest break is 87 I think but can only probably manage 50/60 at the moment. I used to play in local leagues and tournaments but had to limit my practice due to college commitments.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

On the topic of darts, has anyone been watching the grand slam tournament (or whatever it's called) on itv4? Phil taylor went out in the quarter-finals :shock:

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:31 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)
Forum Games Moderator

Footy, tennis, swimming, darts and for my "other", snooker.

I mean, I'm pathetic at left back, I'm proud if I lose a tennis set 6-1, I'm elated if I can swim an entire width of a 2 metre pool, I'm ecstatic if I can make the dart hit the board not my wall and I'm frankly manic if I manage a break of more than 15.

But still. :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:03 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)
Forum Games Moderator

Football is my favourite, but I haven't played it for ages. I enjoy watching it on TV and follow the Premier League in particular. :)

I also like running, mainly because I'm very fast. :P I've never timed myself, but I think I can do 100m in a good 11 seconds. :)

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

HeadHunterX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Author: HeadHunterX    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Rugby (I play for my town's rugby team)
Darts (A family favourite)
Ice Hockey

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:47 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)
Forum Games Moderator

Can't stand watching sports but I love Athletics, Tennis, Swimming and sometimes, Baseball.

Darts is good too.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Matt - we need to add each other on Messenger and have a few chinwags about darts! :P

Only just saw your reply here...yes I saw Beaton beat Taylor in the Grand Slam...I was 100% behind Beaton and met him loads of times when I was little (he's from Coventry you see ;) and he went to the same members club my nan went to) - and Scotty Waites thoroughly deserved to win the Grand Slam...and it was that same final when I lost all respect for James Wade too! :lol:

I was OVER THE MOON when Webby knocked out Taylor in the World Championship too - and I haven't even started on the final yet...Lewis was simply brilliant, especially his 9-darter! :D

And then on Thursday, Lewis DESTROYED Taylor in the first week of the Premier League! :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

I played Darts for the first time when I'm at uni in our bar. I did awfully and at the end when I only needed 5 points, I kept getting triple 20s :smt046 .

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

cookie_monster wrote:
I played Darts for the first time when I'm at uni in our bar. I did awfully and at the end when I only needed 5 points, I kept getting triple 20s :smt046 .

You were trying to hit a single 1 to leave double 2, weren't you? ;)

holly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 am    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

I enjoy
Football (MASSIVE chelsea fan)
Basketball
the odd bit of Rugby
swimming
running/long jump
Trampolining( especially flips :-D )

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Oh yeah, and I like going bike riding as well. :-)

King Curtis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 pm    Author: King Curtis    Post subject: Re: Favourite Sport(s)? (To do/play)

Triathlon and Marathon running. Never of them are as extreme as people seem to think that they are. Yes you have to put in a bit of effort but that's what makes it worthwhile. It is really fun, massively rewardnig and if you don't take it too seriously then you can eat pretty much whatever you want and not see the effects of it! That is Tri-winning!

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]