Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Warnings: 0
Villeneuve is coming back!!!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

The definitive 2010 team list just got a little more definitive! Sauber become the 13th team.

Villeneuve has by no means signed a contract to come back but on Lotus's twitter yesterday they were asking for opinions on his return...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Oh and Renault are almost definitely pulling out, Prodrive might actually make it into F1...

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Silverstone is safe! For the next 17 years too...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:09 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Ferrari 1-2 to start the new season - with Alonso beating Massa. Hamilton in third with a great drive; shame Vettel had engine troubles as he was leading comfortably up until that point. Low key starts for Schumacher and Button, and awful starts for 2 of the 3 new teams; at least Lotus got both cars to the last lap (one crossed the line).

Sadly, I think the rule changes have had a negative impact, the whole thing was really very boring.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Bahrain is one of those tracks that is utterly dull whatever the rules are...All the drivers have complained mind. I'm not passing judgement until after Oz.

(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

The new section of the track was completely pointless - it did nothing to enhance the racing at all.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:22 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

greeny wrote:
The new section of the track was completely pointless - it did nothing to enhance the racing at all.

Hey no hang on! That bump on the infield made it well worth it...... F1 would be made alot more exciting if 2 things were sorted. Hermann Tilke needs never to design another track again and all the tracks he has designed previously need to be dropped slowly from the calendar... (Sepang, Bahrain, Shanghai, Istanbul, (the alterations at) Hockenheim and this years Korean circuit. Otherwise known as the dull circuits.) Also the back ends of the cars need sorting to leave the air nice and clean as it leaves the car.

(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread
Forum Games Moderator

Can I pose a question here - from a genuine, honest point of view.

I'm not a fan of F1 anymore. I only watched last time to see where Schumacher came, and I'll admit that Hamilton isn't worth putting a penny on because he was a one-hit wonder, and also that Button won't exactly win either this year. IMO, F1 is dull wherever you go nowadays - and down to these computers they put in the cars. If your computer fails for a split second that is it - not like when there were men driving the cars, actually driving, doing something skilful. The computer controlling Button's car should've been given the trophy last year - not the man behind the wheel IMO.

So I'm not really posing a question, so much as putting forward a suggestion aswell - first, was F1 not more popular, more exciting when action could happen, and second - why is it impossible, cashflow and sponsorships discarded here, to reverse back to that time? Lastly - surely it would follow that interest would increase with that change back to the nature of the sport that had so many hooked on it?

Because for the time being, personally I'm sticking with the BTCC and good old Thruxton for some real racing.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

You didn't half jinx it Dan - Button won!!!

He was ever so emotional after winning too, bless him! Unlucky with Hamilton at the end but he managed to finish the race and still take sixth! :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread
Forum Games Moderator

Ha! Maybe I should do that every time. Sub-consciously motivated them, is what I did. I'm clever like that.

No, really.

But honestly here, I'm not sure Button could do it for a second time running. Win the race, or the whole competition either. I mean, there must be a podium place at the end of it for him, he's too good to finish lower than 3rd at the moment. But it's a bit of a big ask of him, to win it two years running.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread
Forum Games Moderator

Button for 3rd on Sunday methinks. Vettel for 1st, Schumacher's team mate for second and Schuey himself for a surprise 5th. I say "surprise" because that would be surprisingly good for him thesedays..

..He's not driving an illegally-modified - I mean, high-tech Ferrari now, that's why I suppose..

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Just heard on the news that the Bahrain Grand Prix (the 1st race of the 2011 season) has been cancelled due to political unrest in the country.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:29 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Had to be done really...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

Everyone ready for the new season then??

It all kicks off on Saturday with the Australian Qualifying...what a birthday present for me :lol: The race on Sunday 6am!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:03 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

IMHO this is NOT good news... :( :x

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 550930.stm

King Curtis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am    Author: King Curtis    Post subject: Re: The Formula 1 thread

RMF1254 wrote:

I agree. The sky empire grows. The beeb seems to be little more than a feeder channel for sky, bringing the reputation of an emission only for it then to be bought by sky.

How do people think McLaren will get on this year?

I can't wait to see the new car. Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are pleased with it and think it could challenge Red Bull but we'll see about that!

[ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]