Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Football transfers

Warnings: 0
This thread is for all the transfers you hear about.

I'll kick it off!

Leighton Baines has just completed a £5million move to Everton from Wigan.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Big one - Craig Gordon becomes the most expensive goalkeeper in the Premier League after finally completing a £9million move to Sunderland.

Told you Sunderland are to be watched this season!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:22 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I do hope Sunderland go down this season, I really don't like Roy Keane, and all his buying is not going to hide the fact they will find it rather more difficult to compete this season.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I wouldn't underestimate Roy Keane though - and now with top players like Gordon and Richardson (with a lot of first-team football he definitely will be coming from the Man Utd academy!), Sunderland are going to be VERY hard to beat.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject:

Mido is being chased by a number of clubs including Sunderland, and was supposed to make a decision earlier today.

Ciara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:53 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
Am I the only one who think Sunderland haven't spent that wisely this season? Richardson is pants, United were lucky to get cash for him! Gordon is a good, potentially awesome, keeper who will do well for them but where are the goals coming from? Defence and midfield could be stronger too.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

They have Anthony Stokes who scored goals by the bucket whilst on loan at Falkirk last season. He's definitely one to watch.

Michael Chopra can score loads too - he was on fire at Cardiff.

And I know what you mean with Richardson but I just get this feeling he is gonna do well at Sunderland now he'll be playing far more first-team football.

But ITA - Sunderland need a couple more signings.

Will

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:30 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
They have Anthony Stokes who scored goals by the bucket whilst on loan at Falkirk last season. He's definitely one to watch.

Anyone can score in the Scottish leagues....

Big-Davey wrote:
Michael Chopra can score loads too - he was on fire at Cardiff.

He wasn't that great while in the Premiership last time though....

Big-Davey wrote:
And I know what you mean with Richardson but I just get this feeling he is gonna do well at Sunderland now he'll be playing far more first-team football.

I disagree, he'll still be rubbish.

Big-Davey wrote:
But ITA - Sunderland need a couple more signings.

Make that 11 new signings...

Oh, I love winding up Mackems...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

All valid points - we'll just have to see how the team does come Saturday.

I still predict a draw though.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I think if Sunderland are to survive, they'll need as many results at the Stadium of Light as possible, I can't see them being good away from home.

Ciara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:43 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I wouldn't put it past Sunderland to get a result on the opening day - mainly due to a sense of euphoria in the ground, new era etc... etc... but they can't survive on that alone.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
I think if Sunderland are to survive, they'll need as many results at the Stadium of Light as possible, I can't see them being good away from home.

You're both right - look at Everton a couple seasons ago - a fantastic home record gifted them Champions League football and a finish above Liverpool in the table!!!

I won't be stupid and say a top-half finish, but I seriously think Sunderland are going to do well - Keane knows what he's doing and the one match we are ALL waiting for is the one on September 1 - when he returns to Old Trafford!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

At long last, Carlos Tevez is a Red Devil!

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]