Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
So, Brazil kick us off this year in less than 45 minutes' time. They're apparently favourites for the tournament - let's wait and see how they perform against Croatia tonight first, eh?

I don't really rate England's chances that much - we'll struggle to get out of our group, in all honesty, I think.

Interestingly, Julio Cesar starts tonight for Brazil...Neymar wins his 50th cap for his country at only 22 years of age, and conversely Darijo Srna of Croatia, at 32 their most-capped player, starts his 114th.

I'm not watching the opening ceremony, but we're all set, I think, for a half-decent World Cup. Here we go! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:13 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Anyone see the England match against Italy on Saturday?

Thought England played well in the first half actually, but then in the second half they fell apart... after it was 2-1 they just seemed to stop trying to score... but never mind. They need to focus on their next matches now

Saw Brazil v Crotia as well. Brazil were lucky against Croatia IMO.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:51 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Yeah, I watched that on Saturday night. We were alright first half, but rather poor second half. Our goal was very well-worked, but there weren't many other positives from my point of view...should've brought on Rickie Lambert!

Brazil, yes, I think Croatia deserved the draw there - but likewise, I think Bosnia were very good against Argentina last night, and deserved perhaps a point, although maybe not all three.

France were good quality for the win I thought, but really, the Hondurans should have shown a bit more class and composure, I mean, it's the World Cup, not the local playing fields...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Aaaaaaaand we're out.
England lost to Uruguay yesterday, and Italy have just lost against Costa Rica today, so we can't progess on now...

Shame really... England haven't played too badly IMO, certainly a lot better than in 2010. Just the other teams in our group were too strong :(

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

First time they failed to get out of the group stages since 1958!!!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:23 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

I find this highly amusing

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:19 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Of all the teams I've watched this year, only England actually haven't been able to play football, pass the ball, go forwards more than they go backwards. An awful showing this year, I think. And then we face Costa Rica? Goodness, I see us going out on nul points, unfortunately... :|

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Anyone still watching it? :P

It's the semi-finals this week... Brazil v Germany then Argentina v Holland

I think Germany and Argentina will go to the finals...

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Can't decide who I want to win out of Brazil, Argentina, or Holland.

I wouldn't overly mind if Germany won, I'd just prefer to see one of the others.

matthew17

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Brazil are getting thrashed! 5-0 to Germany atm :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

7-0 to Germany!! :shock:

Make that 7-1

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

i watched for about 4 seconds to chortle at the score

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:25 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

Thanks BBC, I was struggling to recall what the number 7 looked like! :roll: :lol:

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014
Forum Games Moderator

:ponder: :laughing

That was one heck of a surprise, I must say. I was going to say it just goes to show what happens when your team relies too much on one man---oh, yeah, Argentina are in the final. :smt105

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:59 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014

And Germany are the winners!

1-0 on extra time - well done to them

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]