Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:26 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

Warnings: 0
We need to find that last green and the other reds...

13 - 3p [£10]!! Again, not what we wanted!

11 - £40,000! 2 in 3 chance at a downshift now...

... Good grief! £250,000 would've tumbled down to £37,500!! At least we didn't get this far, then, or so it seems!

Board:
4 Yen
£250
£500

£2,500
£37,500
£75,000

The offer?

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£6,500

It's back down below your deal now! One at a time here on in...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:33 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND
International Forums Moderator

And boom goes the dynamite, apparently.

9 / double 4

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

9 - £2,500! The last nice blue would've gone...

... we'd have had our first upshift!! Nothing too spectacular, of course, with the small upshift making £500 a Smart 60" LED HDTV worth £849 courtesy of Currys!

Board:
4 Yen
£250
60" LED HDTV
£37,500
£75,000

The offer?

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S GAMBLE

Things are looking much better now with just one huge downshift remaining but the shifts are still in favour of dragging anything down... What do you wish to do, KP, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:39 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

That's too far from the mean to resist, DEAL me in!

7 / double 2

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:42 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

I hope he just hasn't goaded you into disaster here, best of luck!

7 - £37,500 [£250,000]!! This game really doesn't seem to like you! Of course, you might be shifting up that £75k now...

... nope, it's just 4 Yen becoming 35p...

Board:
35p
£250
60" LED HDTV
£75,000

Banker time...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:43 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

He says don't be too greedy and cut your losses, that £75k is going bye-bye before the next call...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£4,500

He's willing to give you half of your money back if you want to leave now... Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

Nope, NO DEAL.

5 / double 2.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

This just has to be a blue now, or it's well and truly game over...

5 - £250!! That's a relief! Here comes your final shift...

... look at that! Your 60" Smart LED HDTV has just become a lovely £18,000! The shifts after this astonishing game have actually ended on a high!!

Board:
35p
£18,000
£75,000

Banker time...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:48 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

Hey look, it's your new highest offer!

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,017

Though can you guarantee yourself £983 more than that by finding the 35p [£100] in the next case? Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:50 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

Case either way... but NO DEAL!

Here comes number 3...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

He's taken another gamble! I really hope this is going to pay off for you KP, and that in 3 we see 35p... Could this cruel game actaully be that nice to you?

3 - £18,000! Oh hell, it's right down the middle!!

Board:
35p
£75,000

Banker time...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:54 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

He was surprised you played on, and thinks a stick here wouldn't let you know he acknowledges the bravery to make that choice, so...

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,000.35

It's all or nothing now. If you play on, you may of course SWAP if you wish... Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:54 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

Is £75k twice as good as £18k?

Not quite. DEAL.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays £1 million 9-shift DoND

It's a DEAL again for £18,000.35!! That felt like hard work, but just goes to show that these lower stakes games are no less tense than when we're fighting for massive six- and seven-figure prizes! Let's hope you walk out of here with your head held high, having achieved an OPW!

Case 17...

... had £75,000! You had that huge sum all along after a rather rotten game! The 35p [£100] sat in Case 1 over there, which I assume Davao may have been taking home at this point on past form! ;)

Thanks very much for that KP, enjoy £18,000.35!

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]