Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:47 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:54 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Warnings: 0
Welcome to Le Banquier Express, a faster-pased version of the beloved French Canadian case-opening game. I'm your host, Mark David.

We recently completed our first season of regular Le Banquier episodes, giving away over $1.1 million to five lucky contestants. As we wait for the new season to begin, we'll be playing a series of Express games leading up to the Season 2 premiere.

Here to open the cases today is... daniel123 :D!

If that name looks familiar to you, there's a reason for it. Dan made history in the last episode of Le Banquier's first season, as he became the first person to win the $500,000 top prize. In another recent game, Dan battled hard against guest Banker Gordon Ramsay, and won the most important £2 of his life ;).

Now, he takes on another guest Banker in Ben "American Coupon Boy" Rodriguez. And given our knowledge of Ben's personality, and his knowledge of mathmatics, probability and statistics, this battle will be one for the ages.

Since this is Le Banquier Express, there are some changes to discuss. First, this is a 16-case game with a top prize of $50,000. We'll be using this board:

$1
$5
$10
$20
$50
$100
$250
$500

----------
$1,000
$3,000
$5,000
$10,000
$15,000
$20,000
$35,000
$50,000

Second, here's the number of cases you'll be responsible for opening in each round.

Round 1 - 4
Round 2 - 3
Rounds 3 and 4 - 2
Round 5 - 1

Finally, the usual sponsor prizes aren't present in this version, but we do have a new feature called the Supercase. More on that later.

Now Dan, it's over to you to pick one of the 16 cases for yourself, followed by four more for Round 1.

Bonne chance :D!

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express
Forum Games Moderator

Thank you once again, my friend, and I must say, if it wasn't clear already, I'm relishing this battle. I'm in pretty good form of late, and I daresay I know which side of the fence this magnificent audience is sitting tonight. Not to sound cocky, however; I have every respect for my opponent, who is a formidable statistician indeed. I'm hoping I'll be victorious in this tussle between old guard and young pretender, but I know I'll need a slice of luck, too.

With that, I'm ready to start. The very best to you, Mr Rodriguez. :smt023

I'll have case number 15 please, and for my first round, 2, 4, 6 and 9. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:00 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Case 15 is yours.

I'm quite looking forward to this as well. Not only will it be nice to have someone with a true analytical brain making the offers, but we'll also get a realistic, highly compelling battle of wits, complete with smack talk ;).

Le Banquier Express, c'est parti!

[2] - $1,000
[4] - $20
[6] - $5
[9] - $20,000

Aside from losing one of the larger amounts early, that was a decent round.

And now, let's call on your frenemy and mine, Ben, to make his first offer. Over to you, B-Rod.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:42 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Daniel, I know your EXTREMELY cautious when it comes to volatile boards, so I strongly suggest that you Deal before that situation arises:

BANKER'S OFFER

$4,444

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express
Forum Games Moderator

Routine REFUSEE, thanks - and next, I'll have 5, 7 and 8, please. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

First offers are usually desinged to not be taken. I don't think anyone's ever accepted one on any version of the game.

That being said, it's time for Round 2.

[5] - $5,000
[7] - $35,000
[8] - $10

Not the greatest of rounds there, but the $50,000 remains in play.

What sayeth you, O almighty Banker?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

BANKER'S OFFER

$4,444.44

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:20 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Hmm, a relative stick, plus an additional 44 cents. An offer like that might be considered unlucky in China.

Acceptee ou refusee, Dan?

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:31 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express
Forum Games Moderator

Well, it's decent in the circumstances. I shan't be fooled just yet, however - you'll have to do much, much better than that to writhe me out of this chair, Monsieur Le Banquier. :P

REFUSEE, thank you, and I'll have 16 and 14 next, please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:43 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Round 3 action coming at you right meow ;).

[16] - $3,000
[14] - $1 :D

That was a much better round. Let's see what kind of an impact it has on your next offer.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

If you have an all-red round now, you're next offer will be 10% of the mean, so you'd be stupid not to take this.

BANKER'S OFFER

$6,000

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

That's a pretty decent offer, actually. Very well-pitched.

Ben, what happens if Dan has an all-blue round instead?

Dan, acceptee ou refusee?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
That's a pretty decent offer, actually. Very well-pitched.

Ben, what happens if Dan has an all-blue round instead?

Dan, acceptee ou refusee?

An all-blue round will produce an offer of £9,999.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express
Forum Games Moderator

Not bad, but I'll take the Banker a little more seriously when he's worked out where 'your' and 'you're' are correctly placed in a sentence. ;)

Thank you, and REFUSEE!

I'll go with 13 and 11 next, please. :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

I'll also take him a bit more seriously when he remembers what currency we're using for this game ;).

On y va pour deux valises maintenant.

[13] - $250
[11] - $100

Ben, you were saying ;)...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:08 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

As promised:

BANKER'S OFFER

$9,999

Hit both blues and I'll offer $23,000. Hit two reds and I'll offer either $1,023 or $2,300 depending or whether or not one of them is the $50k. :twisted:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:22 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

What happens if a red, non-$50,000 amount is eliminated along with one of the blues?

The board at this point:

$50
$500

----------
$10,000
$15,000
$50,000

Cases remaining: 1, 3, 10, 12, 15

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express
Forum Games Moderator

It's a good offer, but his threat is hollow. I'm unmoved. REFUSEE!

Next up - 10 and 12, please. :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

A brave decision on your part, Dan. Let's see if it pays off.

[10] - $50 - That's good :D!
[12] - $10,000 - That's not so good :|.

I think he'll have to start taking you more seriously now, especially with the $50,000 still up there. One case to open in the next round if you decline what's coming next.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:43 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Le Banquier Express

I would offer you $15,000, but I just got a lunch worth $2.46 and I don't want to pay for it.

BANKER'S OFFER

$14,997.54

NO OFFER GUARANTEES!!!

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]