Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:45 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Warnings: 0
Announcer: Ace is high, deuce is low! Open the case, and win the dough, onnnnnnn Las Vegas Deal!

And now, from the MGM Grand Hotel in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada, here is the keeper of the cases, Mark David!

Thank you very much, and welcome to a brand-new version of the ultimate game of chance that's become an international sensation. I'm excited to be presenting a new take on an old favourite, which I'm sure you'll all enjoy.

Over there on our gallery are 22 cases, one of which contains our top prize of half a million dollars! Tonight, we're going to give a lucky player the chance to win that money in a mental chess match against the Banker. And that player is... Ben Rodriguez!

Welcome to the game, Ben. We're happy to have you here with us tonight in Las Vegas.

Let's begin by getting you acquainted with our game board.

$0.01
$1
$5
$10
$25
$50
$100
$200
$300
$400
$500

---------
$1,000
$2,500
$5,000
$7,500
$10,000
$25,000
$50,000
$75,000
$100,000
$250,000
$500,000

Our game is played in two parts. In Part 1, you'll play the classic case-opening game, trying to win as much money as possible. You'll then take your winnings over to Part 2, where you'll risk it all in the Money Cards game. If you play your cards right in the Money Cards, you could walk out here with well over a million dollars!

Before we went on the air, our Random.org randomizer assigned you case 20. But you don't necessarily have to keep that case. If you like, you can trade it in for one of the other cases.

So, without even opening a case, you already have a decision to make. Would you like to keep case 20, or trade it for another case?

What will Ben do? Find out ofter the break.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:50 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

I'll switch it for Case 9.

I'll also start by opening cases 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Case 20 goes up, and case 9 comes down. I hope you made the right decision. I think 9 must be to you what 7 is to me.

Anyway, let's open those first five cases.

[1] - $75,000 - Not the best way to start.
[3] - $10 - That's better.
[5] - $5,000
[7] - $100
[11] - $500

A pretty decent opening round. Here's your first offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$25,000

Five cases to open in the next round if you decline this offer.

Deal or no deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:39 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

That's an excellent offer, but NO DEAL.

13, 15, 17, 21, and 22 next, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:53 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

You're the boss. Let's go on.

[13] - $0.01 :D
[15] - $500,000 From best to worst. Sorry about that :(.
[17] - $5
[21] - $1,000
[22] - $400

Aside from losing the half-mill, that was an okay round. Let's see what the Banker - or Dealer, since this is Vegas - has to say.

BANKER'S OFFER

$18,000

Four cases to open if you decline this.

Deal or no deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:00 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

A good lifeline, but I came here for the million, so NO DEAL.

20, 18, 16 and 14 next, please.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:02 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

American Coupon Boy wrote:
A good lifeline, but I came here for the million, so NO DEAL.

20, 18, 16 and 14 next, please.

Most people come for the biggest amount, and never win it.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:19 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Thank you, Captain Obvious :roll:.

On with the show now, and the next four cases.

[20] - You gave this case up for case 9 at the top of the show. Was that a good decision?
[20] - $50 - Yes it was :D!

[18] - $200
[16] - $2,500
[14] - $10,000

Good recovery there. Two cases to open if you decline this next offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$23,000

Deal or no deal?

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

The offers aren't up to scratch. I think there far too generous.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:29 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Davao wrote:

*RING*

It's the Banker. I'm going to put him on the speaker.

"Get this cretin out of my studio at once!!!"

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:31 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
Davao wrote:

*RING*

It's the Banker. I'm going to put him on the speaker.

"Get this cretin out of my studio at once!!!"

Wouldn't you agree with me LV Banker? You would kick me out if they were too harsh.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

That round was worth FAR more than a $5,000 uplift, so NO DEAL.

12 and 10 next, please. Also, can you please post the board after this round.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:59 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

No problem, and my apologies for the disruptions.

[12] - $25
[10] - $25,000

A half-and-half kind of round. Here's how the board looks, per your request.

$1
$300

----------
$7,500
$50,000
$100,000
$250,000

And the offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

$58,000

Deal or no deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Insta-DEAL. :-D :smt023 No way am I risking over 80% of the average at these stakes with 2 blues still on the board.

8, 6, 2 and 4 would've respectively been my next 4 selections.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:25 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

The $58,000 is yours. Congratulations :D! In just a few minutes, you'll be taking that amount over to the Money Cards board.

But should you have continued on? Let's find out.

Proveout

In the next round, you'd have been responsible for opening two cases.

[8] - $50,000
[6] - $250,000 :D

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$15,000

At this point, it would've been one-case-at-a-time.

[4] - $1

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$25,000

[2] - $300

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

$40,000

So once again, you've left the two "nine" cases as the final two. At the beginning of the show, you traded what turned out to be a $50 case for your beloved case 9. But did it contain the $100,000?

[9] - $7,500 - Nope :D!

Case 19 held the $100,000.

When we come back, Ben's going to take his winnings to the Money Cards board for the chance to win millions. Stay tuned, folks. You won't want to miss this!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode
Forum Games Moderator

I'd just like to remind David that this is a game of Mark's creation - and so, if he has any queries about the calculation of the offers, he's free to ask Mark any questions about that, but I'd advise doing that once the game's finished, so that we don't get too carried away from Ben's 'show' and all the exciting, exhilarating things contained within it. ;) Anything of a personal or inflammatory nature (not that I'm making accusations) may well be deleted, if it falls short of the forum rules. Always remember the spirit of the forum and the game.

As you were, gents. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

Daniel have you read my PM I sent you.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

YES, I spanked the Banker. :-D

I'm looking forward to the money cards.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode
Forum Games Moderator

Davao wrote:
Daniel have you read my PM I sent you.

Just getting round to it now - busy evening here! :lol: :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Deal - Pilot Episode

I could win up to $4,176,000 if the cards fall right for me. :shock: :-D

(though realistically I'd only win that much if the cards went Ace, Deuce, Ace, Deuce, etc. all the way up ;) ).

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]