Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The rules are simple. There are 24 boxes - the standard UK 22 plus £25k and £150k. They're pre-randomised into green, grey, and gold. You open boxes one at a time, and once you get to five or two left on one colour board, you get an offer. If you turn them both down, once you reveal the penultimate box on that board, you win the last one standing.

You can only win from two boards, so there's serious strategy!

I think it's safe to say you'll want to win on gold here:
£5
£100
£250
£750
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£25,000

1p
10p
50p
£50
£500
£3,000
£20,000
£50,000

£1
£10
£1,000
£35,000
£75,000
£100,000
£150,000
£250,000

You don't pick your own box. Pick three to open now - you won't get an offer sooner than that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

I am supposed to be doing a lab report on copper sulphate and of one of those weird chemistry machines that does something I don't actually know.

But DEAL OR NO DEAL!

My first three are 20, 12 and 23. :D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

20 - £35,000. Weirdly, I'd call that brilliant! It's a hit on the gold board, which you need to get an offer on, and it's below the median on it!
12 - £250. That's arguably the right number on one of the weaker boards.
23 - £1,000! That's EPIC! Oh my goodness, this gold board is unbelievable!

I'll ask you to open another two boxes now, but if either's gold I'll stop you right there.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

I shall pick... 1 and 21.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

1 - £500. So some hope of building on the gold position on the grey board too.
21 - £3,000. All the peanuts amounts are still there on that board, but so are £20k and £50k...

Pick one more. Unless it's green, we'll get an offer.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

Did someone say peanuts? ;)

My next box shall be 8!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

8 - £100! It's green, we need one more before an offer, and it could be a good one...

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

:D

I'll pick number 16 now. :)

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

13 - £750! Wow!

£5
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£25,000

Bearing in mind that if you deal on this board now, you can only win on one other board...

Banker's offer:

£9,001

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

What is it with you and £9,001?? :P

I'll no deal this one. :D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

Pick another box, you might get another offer!

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

KP... I got too engrossed on my lab report XD

I've finished it now, it was surprisingly simple. :smt023
Now I've got a data analysis assignment which is a huge pile of *beep*. :redhappy :redhappy :redhappy :redhappy :redhappy :veryangry :angry :spank :smt078

3 please!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

Hopefully these numbers and this analysis will be far better fun. ;)

3 - £50,000! Possibly not, but remember you don't have to take anything from this board - you can take money from any two others. So what you have to hope now, it seems, is to take money from green and gold before this one can weigh you down. ;)

1p
10p
50p
£50
£20,000

Banker's offer:

£3,000

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

No Deal, KP :D

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

One more to pick whenever you're around. ;)

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

Four!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

4 - £75,000! Wakey up, you've got an unbelievable decision to make here!!

£1
£10
£100,000
£150,000
£250,000

Remember, you can only deal on two boards. You could leave those big gold numbers to last and be forced to take money from the other two boards, leaving this one isolated!

Banker's offer:

£50,000

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

OK... I think my lab report was over... 3 days ago :D

I think I can go on another round, so NO DEAL, and I will pick box 19 for my next box. :D

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND

19 - £15,000. Not what we wanted, to hit a green. We want to see golds so you can be sure of getting money from that board, obviously keeping at least one of those huge ones to two-box...

Two more to open, as you won't get an offer before then.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Skyline plays 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad DoND
Forum Games Moderator

You'll hate me for this...

What boxes do I have left?

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]