Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:27 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:27 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The second revision of Six-Shift. The basic game is the same as always - normal UK rules but with 'shifts' changing the board, one before the game begins, another before each of the next five offers, and the option of a Seventh Shift that changes one of the two remaining amounts dramatically (not available on an all-blue finish).

However, this version gives both the player and the Banker room to make every game different, thanks to their selection of 'tricks' - inspired by (and a couple are directly taken from) the 'power ups' and 'power downs' from cfd's Power Deal. (That game shares something in common with Six-Shift - I made up the name, but not the game!) Both the player and Banker can play up to three from a selection of six.

PLAYER TWISTS
Red Up - the lowest red is multiplied by 10.
Paint It Orange - two random blues are replaced with amounts between £1,000 and £5,000.
Extra Offer - what you think; the player must declare when they wish the extra offer to be made. It will not come with an accompanying shift.
Promise Me - the Banker must guarantee what the minimum two-box offer will be for keeping the highest red in play at the time this twist is played.
Stabilise - the second- and third-highest amounts on the board become the mean of each other (e.g. on a board where the three highest amounts are £3,000, £50,000 and £100,000, both £3,000 and £50,000 become £26,500).
Guaranteed Upshift - playing this guarantees that the next shift is upwards (if it would otherwise have been downwards, it becomes a small upshift). It cannot be used for the Seventh Shift.

BANKER TWISTS
Red Down - the lowest two reds are divided by 10. Can only be played if at least three reds are on the board.
Deflation - every amount on the board is reduced by 1% (to the nearest 1p).
Remove Offer - the Banker must declare which offer will not be made; the two-box offer cannot be removed.
Negativity - a random blue is changed to a random negative amount, up to -£50.
Nom Nom Nom - the two highest blues on the board are changed to food products (worth a minimum of 0.5% of their prior cash value).
Guaranteed Downshift - playing this guarantees that the next shift is downwards (if it would otherwise have been upwards, it becomes a small downshift). It cannot be used for the Seventh Shift.

The tricks can be used before and after each shift (except before the first), and after each box from 11-box onwards. Whenever one party (Banker or player) uses a trick, the other can reply immediately; the game only continues when both have agreed not to use any more tricks, so if the player decides not to reply to a Banker twist, the Banker can then add another, or indeed vice versa.

Aaron, do you understand and are you ready?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

I understand, and as a wise man once said, "LET'S DO THIS THING!!" :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

Then do this thing we shall!

...after we find out if you get a help vest in the form of a positive first shift. We do the shifts automatically these days after cfd's question marks over how they used to work, so here we go...

...erm, no. £5,000 becomes 1p.

1p
1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£250,000

Do you wish to use a trick?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:21 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

Not yet, its far too early to call, and they might just go anyway. I'll have Box 1 please :)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

OK, you have number 1.

The Banker also refuses to use a twist at this early stage, so at the 22-box offer this is your scenario.

1p
1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£250,000

3 PLAYER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Up | Paint It Orange | Extra Offer | Promise Me | Stabilise | Guaranteed Upshift

3 BANKER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Down | Deflation | Remove Offer | Negativity | Nom Nom Nom | Guaranteed Downshift

Banker's offer:

£4,500

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:26 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

No Deal! :D

Now lets see, I'll have 3, 14, 15, 9 and 2. ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

3 - 50p! Good start, back to three huge downshifts.
14 - £75,000! Down to two huge upshifts. Nasty.
15 - £50! Good.
9 - £3,000...
2 - £250. A blue to finish!

We're at the second shift, and the Banker has decided to toy with you. With £250 gone, he is now making the highest blue £100 by using NOM NOM NOM!

£500 is now Biscuits For Cheese (850g, £3) and £750 becomes a whole duck (2.2kg, £5.79), both from Netto.

Do you wish to respond to that before the first shift?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

I could do, but nah, I have an idea on what I'd like to use them on :) Let's go ahead with the shift.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

Right, shift we do.

£50,000 is going up...

...and it becomes £98,000!!

Do you wish to use a twist now?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:42 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

No thanks, but that's given me an idea for something later on :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

1p
1p
10p
£1
Biscuits for Cheese
£5
Whole Duck
£10
£100

£1,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£98,000
£100,000
£250,000

3 PLAYER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Up | Paint It Orange | Extra Offer | Promise Me | Stabilise | Guaranteed Upshift

2 BANKER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Down | Deflation | Remove Offer | Negativity | Guaranteed Downshift

Banker's offer:

£9,800

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:43 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

No Deal thank you :P

I'll have 6, 5 and 8 please

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

6 - £10,000. It's a moderate upshift, so not good to lose....
5 - £100,000! That definitely isn't...
8 - 10p! But that definitely is!

No twist from the Banker here just yet, but what do you want to do?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:47 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

I'd like to STABILISE please.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

Ooh, that changes things... £35,000 and £98,000 both become £66,500. Any more? Banker isn't replying to this...

Last edited by KP on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

That will be all thank you. Let's do the shift :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

£1 shifts...

...upwards!

To £1.75. Hey, that'll get you more at Netto!

Any more before the offer?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

Buys me a nice Viennetta from Netto! :D Nothing else thank you.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

1p
1p
£1.75
Biscuits for Cheese
£5
Whole Duck
£10
£100

£1,000
£15,000
£20,000
£66,500
£66,500
£250,000

2 PLAYER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Up | Paint It Orange | Extra Offer | Promise Me | Guaranteed Upshift

2 BANKER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Down | Deflation | Remove Offer | Negativity | Guaranteed Downshift

Banker's offer:

£13,370

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron Brock plays the first game of Six-Shift v3.0

No Deal! I'm aiming for one number in this round...

18, 7, 10! Please give me it!

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]