Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:43 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Well we'll see...

17 - £5!
19 - £250! One blue left!
1 - £5,000!

That's a great fifth round - in fact, the second best possible out of 56! That means you could have boosted your pivot amount by saying No Deal and pivoting now at...

Banker's offer would've been:

£56,000

A double! But of course, that great round also means you've got more of a chance of having a big amount in your box, which is now what we want to see to make that final offer really big!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

What a fantastic 5 box!!

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Ooo... I'm happy for the remaining amounts, but I would have been a lot happier with £56,000!

2, 21 and 22. I'm sure I have to keep 6, as it was hard to find the last number!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

6 it was...

2... £20,000
21 ... £500!! £10,000 guaranteed in the box...
22... £10,000!! Extraordinary - the perfect final two! But by pivoting rather than Dealing you still have a chance to reap some - or even all - of the rewards!

Banker's offer would've been:

£175,000

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

WOW! If only you had pivoted at that!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Now, would you take the swap for 6 or keep your faith in 8? This will determine what your NO DEAL amount in the Pivot gamble will be.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:35 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

:shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :-D :-D :-D

Get in there! £28,000 guaranteed, and a 50:50 chance of winning at least £100,000!!

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:40 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

I'll swap for 6, here goes...

(Yeah, NoelsFan, could have had the first £200,000+ offer if it was the £250,000 in the box!)

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Still it is great to know the minimum is £28,000!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Box 6...

Banker's offer:

£100,000

OUCH!

Box 8 had the £250,000... but between your £100,000 box and the £28,000 pivoted amount...

Banker's offer:

£60,000

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

DEAL!! Very good offer!

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Ahhh... well, I couldn't have asked for more, really. £250,000 would have been phenomenal, I'll just settle for (only) £100,000!...

... actually, £60,000 is a great offer. Win 40k, or drop 32k...

... heck, with £60,000, I could do a lot, and then some. So, I say to you, Banker...

DEAL! :-D

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Good choice again!!!

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:21 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Thank you, NoelsFan. Yeah, I think we think alike, here, it's been a remarkable game, difficult choices all-round.

I'll choose envelope/box 1, please!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

I agree! I think if the offer was £50,000 then I would have gone for it but £60,000 is so much money! I really think this is a great idea! I am normally a No Dealer but with the option of pivoting it adds a whole new layer! I love it. Another game would be fun! :lol: ;-) ;)

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:49 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

I'm glad you think it's great, that means a lot to me, thank you. :-)

Sure, we can have another game, or maybe you'd like to be the banker and give KP a game, he hasn't played yet?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

And number 1 has...

DEAL! Right move! 2 had NO DEAL.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Deal, No Deal or Pivot: Game 3

Phew! Well, I really enjoyed myself, felt I had to pivot the £28,000 there, and to have the perfect final two, you couldn't ask for more! Great game, KP! :-D

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]