Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:37 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Warnings: 0
NO DEAL it is, and we're delving into the end part of this game now, how on earth will this play out now?!

15 - £151,000! Ack, that's the Austria one we liked! Now to find the one we didn't...

19 - £500! Out goes Georgia 2013, they deserved a hell of a lot more...

21 - £181,000!! Well I'll answer that for you Laura, this is the pressure now! Huge contrast to three boxes ago...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:38 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

£0
    £23
    £640

£2,820
    £4,300
    £39,000
    £36,000
    £250,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

** RING **

Speaking of Laura...

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,100

Mr Sand's sticking with 100 Belgium 2016's, and hopes that will be enough to deter you from opening two boxes here...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:50 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest
International Forums Moderator

Yup, that's the pressure.

A £250k-high 8-box under original rules is breaking my brain in terms of knowing what offer generosity to look for. :smt046

Helpfully, I've got something else to help me; Box 27 is a tricky call at the moment too, so it's kind of hard to do a deal in this range. So I won't! NO DEAL!

11 and 13...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:54 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Alrighty! We're gonna play two more to get to one at a time...

11 - £640!! Oh my god, one away from an awfully powerful position...

13 -
£23!! BELIEVE IN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! What a 6-box to have!!!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

£0
    £2,820
    £4,300
    £39,000
    £36,000
    £250,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

** RING **

Mr Sand was considering making two offers here but decided to stick with the one, as he's unsure as to whether or not you would be considering Box 27 on the current stakes...

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,999

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Oh I say we have a game here.

£330k or so still out there, £36k in that context isn't bad... but it's so tough to stop at this stage of proceedings, but that almost makes me want to do so more... :P

If I hit the £250k I still have two chunky sums to play for, two orange backups, and a Box 27 that gives me real upside... NO DEAL! Open 9 now!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:08 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Playing on, imagine if we can get rid of that burning fake piano...

9 -
£39,000! Still got a game on here, but losing one of your two back-ups!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

£0
    £2,820
    £4,300
    £36,000
    £250,000

** RING **

Jon Ola reckons you would take a deal now if he stuck, and he fancies a gamble himself...

BANKER'S OFFER

£29,999

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

That... That is a gamble. I always think that when you know how you're playing the game, you're not the one deciding on how much risk to take, the Banker is.

He's taken the risk. He's got the NO DEAL. Box 7 will decide if he'll wish he didn't.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:18 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Which way will it tip? Hopefully, your way...

7 -
£4,300! And it DOES!!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:19 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

£0
    £2,820
    £36,000
    £250,000

** RING **

With £4,300 gone...

BANKER'S OFFER

£44,300

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Average £72k or so but I don't know if I can justify chasing that upside when the zero gives the Banker plentiful room for shenanigans. DEAL!

5, 3 proveout of course.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Straight out at £44,300! Was that the wise thing to do when we were going one at a time?

5 - £2,820! Would've warranted an increase...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£63,000

... and a chunky one at that!

3 - £0!! Oh good grief!! We'd have had £36,000 playing £250,000 at the finalé, and your final offer would have been...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£126,000

... double the previous!

Box 17 KP... all along...

... had £250,000!! You were all set to take home the trophy and be set for Newport 2019!! Box 1 had the £36,000, and now we have one little bit of business to settle...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

In order of value, here's your #moneymenu tonight...

240% (£106,320)
    +£24,000 (£68,300)
    120% (£53,160)

MONEY BACK (£44,300)
    HALF (£22,150)
    12% (£5,316)
    £1,944

A lot to lose, but a lot to gain... would you like to buy Box 27 for £44,300 David, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:29 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Well, I could just as easily have had the orange/zero finish. But nope. At least I got that far!

NO DEAL to that, hypo 7.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays the Aaronvision Box Contest

Wouldn't have thought so, and 7 had MONEY BACK so yeah.

Well, there we go! It was an underwhelming board to begin with, but you landed in ever-familiar territory, and you've bagged an impressive £44,300! Join us next year for the next Aaronvision Box Contest! :smt023

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]