Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Deal or No Deal: Jumpin' Jackpot Edition

Warnings: 0
I've tried a few special editions of the UK version of Deal before, but none of them really seemed to work. Since then, I've gone back to the drawing board, eliminated some things, and this new idea is the result.

We know that Deal generally offers a top prize of £250,000 (£500,000 if you're crazy enough to risk the quarter-mill on Box 23). But what would happen if there was a different jackpot in every game? DoND: Jumpin' Jackpot Edition (JJE) is the answer.

It's your standard 22-box game, featuring all the things you love from the TV version, but with one difference - the jackpot for each game is chosen by the player prior to playing. The player is presented with six lettered boxes, A through F, and chooses one of them. The amount is then revealed, and play continues as usual.

Each box contains an amount between £250,000 and £1 million, in increments of £50,000. The Power Five amounts on the board are modified based on whatever amount is chosen. An example with a £600,000 jackpot appears below.

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£300,000
£600,000

I've eliminated the £15,000 amount because I always thought it stuck out like a sore thumb.

So, with that in mind, who wants to the be the guinea pig for this new version? Let me know.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: Jumpin' Jackpot Edition

I'll play. :D

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: Jumpin' Jackpot Edition

I had a feeling that was coming. Thanks for offering to give this a try :smt023.

I'll get things set up, and post a link to the thread when ready.

Stay tuned.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:41 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: Jumpin' Jackpot Edition

Ready when you are, Ben. Follow me over here to play your game: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26880&p=859172#p859172

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]