Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Idea: A "What Would You Really Do?" weekly game

Warnings: 0
I guess this is the best place to post about something like this, so here goes.

I would like to host a forum-wide weekly game of DoND. The goal is to try to determine everyone's realistic playing habits while comparing statistics like average amount won, total amount won, average place of departure, etc. My current idea for implementing this is as such:

I will play through one game of DoND (through some site) and keep a log of the amounts opened. Then, for each day from Sunday through Friday, I will present the next round of gameplay followed by my invented offer for the board. Everyone will either post or PM me their decisions as to whether they would deal or no deal the offer. To be clear, here's what would happen on each day:
  • Sunday: First five boxes, 17-box offer
  • Monday: Next three boxes, 14-box offer
  • Tuesday: Next three boxes, 11-box offer
  • Wednesday: Next three boxes, 8-box offer
  • Thursday: Next three boxes, 5-box offer
  • Friday: Next three boxes, 2-box offer
  • Saturday: Reveal what's in box, tally results.
This fits in nicely with the "one game a week" theme, gives everyone sufficient time to make a decision provided they check this board daily, and lines up the offers with the days on which the real DoND is played.

It probably should be better to have participants PM me their decisions in order to preserve honest and unbiased decisions, but at least for the first game or so I probably should just have people post their decisions publicly so that everyone can gauge how active this will be. I'm thinking that if no decision is made before the next round is posted, I will interpret it as a No Deal, but only count it in statistics if the member has made at least one decision during the game. (So, people could perhaps just post if they would Deal and be fine, just as long as they remember to post a No Deal at least once in case they decide to open their box.)

If this gets enough interest I can throw in some prizes or something, but that will have to be worked out later. For now, this would purely be for fun.

Oh yeah, and I'm inventing my own offers for the board, since online offers tend to be either pathetically bad or unbelievably good. I have several ideas of how to go about doing this in an honest manner (since of course I'll privately know the outcome of the game before publicly playing it out). I won't reveal any of them until perhaps the first game has concluded, to prevent people from using that as their means of making decisions.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? Should I start doing this on Sunday and see how it plays out?

Joel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:04 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Idea: A "What Would You Really Do?" weekly game

Great idea! You should do definitely do it, it would be fun. :D :smt023

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Idea: A "What Would You Really Do?" weekly game

1 reply, yet 20 views... I'll just assume that those who viewed it have at least a neutral stance on this!

I'll start it up on Sunday and see how it goes, then. :smt023 I'll be happy if I get four people participating!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:37 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Idea: A "What Would You Really Do?" weekly game

Well, I suppose I should post this here instead of in the weekly threads, to avoid distracting from the game itself.

I don't think I'll be continuing this past Week 30. It's been fun, but I'm getting less and less motivated and excited to post these games after doing it daily for half a year. Plus it's tiring putting on the Edmonds/banker hats week after week.

That being said, if someone wants to pick up these duties and maintain WWYRD as a regular forum activity independent of Saperogo, that would be perfectly fine by me. Just, I would rather it do one of two things: 1. have it die at a well-defined point, such as Week 30 (or any other twist game); or 2. have it continue as if nothing happened (i.e., a seamless transition of hosts).

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]