Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:16 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Warnings: 0
I've finally finished a publishable version of my 2014 DoND game!
Download Version 1.0.1 here.

FEATURES:
  • Money slides off the screen, and the box value appears in the middle of the screen
  • Realistic offers from the Banker, including tendencies for sticks, doubles and halves of the previous offer (eg £4,600 may be doubled to £9,200 after a good round if the offer was going to be around that figure anyway)
  • If you have dealt before 2-box, you may be given the opportunity of a Banker's Gamble (if, say, you've dealt at £14,000 and you have a blue/£75k remaining)
  • Some in-game sounds (with more possibly to be added in the future).

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Update: Version 1.0.1
  • This one will actually load this time, oops! :oops:
  • Option to either choose your own box or have the computer select you one at random
  • Couple of extra sounds for good measure!

Download here. Extract the .zip file to your C:\ directory and run the exe file. Enjoy! Please do let me know if you encounter any bugs, or if you get any odd/unrealistic offers as I'm still tweaking the formula :)

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

box11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 pm    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

When I click the link, it says the file has been deleted :?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:55 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

box11 wrote:
When I click the link, it says the file has been deleted :?

Must've accidentally deleted it from my Dropbox, sorry! Try it again, it should work :)

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Update time! Version 1.1 is here :D

NEW
    + Like the one on the show, you can view a stats board showing you all the money you have ever won, how many times you've won the jackpot, 1p, the ha'penny or nothing.
    + Now you can play with the Summer 2014 specials Box 23, Archie's Box 23 or cfd's Box 23, as suggested here.
    + Swaps now guaranteed with the £250k in play.
    + Amount paddles are now like those of the show.
    + The Banker is now more biased towards offers with "23" in (£23k, £2.3k, £230 etc).
    + If you have the £250k in play in the final round, you may get 4- and/or 3-box offers. If you get a 4-box offer, you will be guaranteed a 3-box offer unless the £250k goes. If you wish to, you can turn this off.
    + A couple more sounds for the game start up.

FIXES
    * If Box 23 contained "Money Back" it would not show at the side.
    * Formula for the 2-box offer has been modified to heavily reduce AMOs, especially on finishes such as £750/£1k and £75k/£100k.
    * Minor (probably unnoticeable) tweaks in offer rounding.

If you HAVE downloaded the game before, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder as before. When it asks you if you want to replace the existing DoND2014.exe file, click "Yes".

If you HAVE NOT downloaded the game before, download THIS and extract to your C:\ folder. Do contact me if you have any issues!

Enjoy the new features! As always, let me know if you come across any bugs or anything, or let me know about odd and unrealistic offers. :smt023

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Are you planning on doing any new features?I hope you are

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:33 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

kall4i59 wrote:
Are you planning on doing any new features?I hope you are

Some time in the future yeah, once I get more ideas :D

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I have an idea. A mode where we can be the banker

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:36 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

How about including an offer button? ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:39 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

American Coupon Boy wrote:
How about including an offer button? ;)

Once I see it in action, as I don't know how they have to earn the right to use it, then I'll definitely put that in! :smt023

kall4i59 wrote:

That could be an idea! Might be difficult to program but I'll see what I can do!

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Great when is this KP box 23 coming in to use?

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Any new ideas?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:21 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I have recently returned to university so the next update may not be for 2 or 3 weeks!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!
Forum Games Moderator

Kall can't wait that long! Come on, boy, tout de suite, tout de suite! :smt024 :rein:

;)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I found a bug

At 5 box

I had

I dealt at 76,000 at 5 box. When I got two 2 box I had the 50k and 75k left and got offered the Banker's gamble I went WTF I dealt for 76k and he gives me a BG when the 75k is the biggest amount remaining. I had the 50k in my box and I no dealt 23 which had nothing

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

kall4i59 wrote:
I found a bug

At 5 box

I had

I dealt at 76,000 at 5 box. When I got two 2 box I had the 50k and 75k left and got offered the Banker's gamble I went WTF I dealt for 76k and he gives me a BG when the 75k is the biggest amount remaining. I had the 50k in my box and I no dealt 23 which had nothing

Haha I've never seen that before! I'll rectify that for the next update

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Looking forward to it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

Aaron Brock wrote:

kall4i59 wrote:

That could be an idea! Might be difficult to program but I'll see what I can do!

I just thought of a way to do that. Obviously we need a realistic range of work with as the Banker. I think the minimum offer should be 50% of the Fair Deal (as the Banker rarely makes total JOKE offers now that the offer button is in play) with a built-in floor of the minimum amount on thw board so that less than the lower amount can't be offered on close finishes. The maximum offer should be the average of the Fair Deal and the Mean of the board, so that generous offers can be made but not unrealistically generous offers. Sure, the real Banker offers the average on occasion, but from a saving money point of view it really shouldn't be offered. So, at each offer a range is generated based on the figures above, and then you can type in what you desire the offer to be as long as it is within that range.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:24 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Aaron Brock wrote:

kall4i59 wrote:

I just thought of a way to do that. Obviously we need a realistic range of work with as the Banker. I think the minimum offer should be 50% of the Fair Deal (as the Banker rarely makes total JOKE offers now that the offer button is in play) with a built-in floor of the minimum amount on thw board so that less than the lower amount can't be offered on close finishes. The maximum offer should be the average of the Fair Deal and the Mean of the board, so that generous offers can be made but not unrealistically generous offers. Sure, the real Banker offers the average on occasion, but from a saving money point of view it really shouldn't be offered. So, at each offer a range is generated based on the figures above, and then you can type in what you desire the offer to be as long as it is within that range.

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd put any restraint as to what you, the Banker, could offer. I think I could just create a little pop-up box that tells you the FD and mean (maybe a couple of extra stats), then a place for you to enter your offer. Then there can be aggressive and more cautious player/computer types. I won't be making this in time for the next update, but quite possibly the one after it!

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:43 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal: 2014 Edition!

I wonder if your adding the offer button for the next update.

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]