Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

alex1333

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:52 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
DOND is giving me pink screen and the red bar doesnt go to the top fully on firefox

millionaire crashes on IE and doesnt load to the top on firefox

oh dear

dt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 am    Author: dt    Post subject:

What a fantastic game!!! :D :D :D

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've played this three times now - first time I had a trainwreck and won £50, second time I had another trainwreck and won £10 - both times I ended up with a final five of three blues and 2 low reds, and had a final two of two blues both times! :shock:

The third time, I had a fourth offer of about £25,000 then dealt the fifth offer of about £24,020 and then went on to destroy my board and beat the banker!

dt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

well done h2005! i have played 3 times about to do my 4th.

first time: dealt at £1,600 : destroyed the game : 10p in my box

second time: dealt at £1,300 : kept £20,000 in play : only had £1 in my box

third time : went all the way, declining £13,000 at one stage : down to £50 or £35,000 : had £35,000 in my box, which i won!

haven't lost so far!

what a brilliant game (millionaires fabulous too!) - and no c&d this time!

:D :D :D :D :D

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Didnt notice you were back dt, welcome back yet again! :-D

Haven't managed to get past declining offer 1 yet, since the game is so slow and gives you the useless Heart rate and Rate the offer thing - i mean, I want to play Deal Or No Deal, not Calm or not Calm

So a good game on the basis that all of wedigTv's other games are crap, but this one is still pretty poor. 0.5 out of 10 wedigtv, that being for the display

Edit: And the bad things:

1) Site is very badly put together
2) Everything is slow, even with Windows Vista Premium
3) There's an intro which is fine, but that intro just goes on, and on, and on. And on. Etc
4) Games crash.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

george

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

Are the contestants there future contestants, do you think? They look cool...

dt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

yep im here :D

its still a brilliant game and hasnt crashed for me today, even if it can be slow sometimes, best online game of dond so far!!! :D

played a fourth time and dealt at £12,500 for a £15,000 box

those guys on the wings appear to be actors, with nametags of current players e.g. Joan, Viv, Daniel, Stan, etc...

:D :D :D

megadam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:56 pm    Author: megadam    Post subject:

Slow? It is not slow. It is wonderful! Only problem is the free leaderboard is currently not working. Hope it gets fixed. Also, it gives me trainwrecks like the girls :( and i can confirm that the values are pre-set into the boxes in the loading process. So it does not follow a certain sequence which is good as well!

megadam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Author: megadam    Post subject:

Remind you of someone's game lol. Unfortunately i declined £82,480, swapped and won £3,000. :(

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

megadam wrote:
Slow? It is not slow. It is wonderful! Only problem is the free leaderboard is currently not working. Hope it gets fixed. Also, it gives me trainwrecks like the girls :( and i can confirm that the values are pre-set into the boxes in the loading process. So it does not follow a certain sequence which is good as well!

slow? It is damn well slow! but maye that because i have loads of stuff on my comp, making games run slower.

But if it didnt crash, then i agree totally with dt.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

megadam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: megadam    Post subject:

Hint, turn quality down to low and the video looks a bit better and runs at a smoother speed.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Where can you find that option?

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Just right click and click on quality.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:29 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Megadam - youch! I'd have taken that final offer, though I wouldn't have taken Laura's. I think I'd look for £60,000 in that final two.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Red_Fire16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:34 am    Author: Red_Fire16    Post subject:

I suppose game is good and well designed, and it looks similar to the interactive DVD game. Also, what is the big deal with the heart rate?

Last edited by Red_Fire16 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:22 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

i suppose the heart rate is to include some degree of psychology in the game, just like on the tv show.

i will look into the quality setting - it is such a brilliant game!!! :D :D :D :D :D

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Oh dear. Noel's just frozen after i skipped him doing the "Now i do need you to confirm..." bit which frankly isnt needed either, because anyone playing it will know how to play DoND anyway, or they wouldn't be playing it would they?

[edit] 5 minutes on and i have yet to thaw Noel. Not that I'd want to do that to the real Noel, i'd keep him frozen of course.

I'll refresh the page and see what happens then.

Edit: Yep, Noel is still having considerable trouble moving smoothly, but otherwise OK. Good game, welldone WeDigTv!

dt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

megadam wrote:

Remind you of someone's game lol. Unfortunately i declined £82,480, swapped and won £3,000. :(

gutted! :shock:

turned down the offer and gave away the quarter mill!!! :o

bad luck mate. :(

wokoman88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:44 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

After trying yesterday to get it working to no avail, i finally got it working, but then it froze on the final two! (£500 v £75,000)

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

dt wrote:
megadam wrote:

gutted! :shock:

turned down the offer and gave away the quarter mill!!! :o

bad luck mate. :(

Exactly, proves what i have been saying for well over a year, NEVER SWAP. Because if you do, you will end up doing what megadam did, that is to say, lose a *beep* load of money.

I'll have a game...

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Online Games DiscussionsAll times are UTC [ DST ]