Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Windows Vista

Warnings: 0
Anyone heard of it? it looks very smart indeed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

and this pic is cool

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

It does look very good as does the new microsoft office but the prices are ridiculous!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

They've been developing Vista for ages now. The last I heard was that the launch date of summer 2006 had been put back to Autumn 2006 - I think the release dates before that were late 2005 and early 2006. :? I'm not really sure if it's that different to Windows XP, to be honest, Windows progressed a great deal between 3.1 and 95, and between 98 / ME and XP, but I can't see a great deal of progression between XP and Vista...

EDIT: The Wikipedia article says the launch date is tomorrow (30/1)... I wonder how long it will be before there's a special new version of Vista released?

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I'm not sure if I'll bother with it, I've had enough trouble with computers!

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:55 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

I get a version of Vista with PC magazine, it was a disc with other stuff on and it was orth £800 if u bought in shops apparently

Hi, I'm Johnny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:06 am    Author: Hi, I'm Johnny    Post subject:

Windows in all forms is s.hite.

Mac's are much better. Unlike you PC boys it's about 99% likely I wont ever get a virus.

Vista came out for businesses in November last year, sale to general public is around Spring I think.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

look everyone! its the local, er, poor guy ;) and his mac!

seriouly johnny, WAKE UP. apple had its 15 mins in the 80s. windows are better. PCs are better.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Hi, I'm Johnny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 am    Author: Hi, I'm Johnny    Post subject:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Unlike your s.hite PC's it's more than likely i'll NEVER get a virus. You'll get crap every fecking day of the week.

Have you looked at Vista? It's just basically stolen a load of ideas from the Mac OSX, taken them 5 years to do and cost them 20 billion dollars!

You suck.

Spartacus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:05 pm    Author: Spartacus    Post subject:

Vista's the best of Mac for Windows. Bill's got a lot of catching up to do. :D

Vista should be a (free) upgrade option on ANY Windows PC bought within the last month. If you bought a new PC within the last 2 or 3 weeks, you should ensure your dealer gives you a free upgrade to Vista. Make sure there's enough hard drive etc and if there isn't, maybe you've been missold? And hopefully you bought a duo processor to handle the better features. It's much better for multimedia, and better virus control. IMO of course :D

psichonico

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:30 am    Author: psichonico    Post subject:

Hi, I'm Johnny wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Unlike your [explicit language removed] PC's it's more than likely i'll NEVER get a virus. You'll get crap every fecking day of the week.

Have you looked at Vista? It's just basically stolen a load of ideas from the Mac OSX, taken them 5 years to do and cost them 20 billion dollars!

You suck.

Johnny, if i recall correctly you once claimed that you own a PC and even an XBox360. This was in a chatroom. So you call PCs and yet you blindingly own products from the same company. Plus PC's are a general term. PC meaning Personal Computer. A Linux computer is a PC and indeed an Apple Computer is a PC. They are computers designed for personal use.

However i will not be upgrading to Vista for at least 1 year, if ever. I am more drawn to the simple lifestyle of Linux these days.

Tugger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:21 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

I'm not getting it, it's just XP with some added extra's.

Red_Fire16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:48 pm    Author: Red_Fire16    Post subject:

I like WV, it's very reliable.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Vista is the best you can get in terms of computers. At the moment.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:00 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

I beta tested Vista but hardly any third party software was compatible with it, so I hated using it for running programs on.

Having said that, it has excellent features and the start menu search function is an incredible idea :-D

dt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

my new computer came the day before they released it! on the good side though, i got a really cheap express deal to upgrade to home basic, so im pretty lucky that i did order while the sales were going on! :D

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:01 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

HAHA, it's apparently about 9 days from now before i get my new AMD athlon 64 processor, im told it has some kind of intel thingy, AND vista PREMIUM.
I shall report back on how this all goes.

comments please. 8)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:14 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

this Vista thing seems too posh.
I have seen this in my supermarket, they are nearly sold out already,
I am not in a rush tobut it because
I prob won't get used to it
and the prices are very evpensive.
but after I hear comments about it, and the price falls, I might buy it.
It does look like the next generation of technology

But good on ya to anyone who has this!!! :)

nicks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:08 am    Author: nicks    Post subject:

vista's whole marketing is based on that rolodex thing with the windows

wow my arse

linux has had a 3d desktrop for ages and it cost zero dollars to develop

and linux works

and is secure

die gates die

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:38 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

linux is a brand name you find on paint. So its gonna be even more crap than that if theres a computer called linux.

Vista is brilliant. Better than Macs, any other personql computer ever. Just about. Next comes XP...then 98,then 95...

megadam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:08 am    Author: megadam    Post subject:

I got Vista for my birthday (Feb 6) and it was really difficult to get on if you don't know that much about computers. I eventually got it on but then had to go through another installtion process because i had the upgrade disc. However, it is very stylish and runs great on my PC. I would recommend it if you are willing to fork out the money. I would recommend getting Home Premium as it has most of the features!!!!
It also runs all DOND versions YAY!

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]