Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:01 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:01 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject: Recipes Thread

Warnings: 0
I'm a student who has ran out of cooking inspiration. Apart from pasta, rice and jacket potatoes, can anyone suggest something interesting I can cook? And if they can tell me how to cook it I'd be very grateful!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

A few months ago, a woman came in to tell us how to cook during a Year 13 PSE lesson. But the main thing she recommended was rice! And we only had half the lesson, as the other half was spent sitting outside waiting for the fire bells to stop ringing because dust in the workshop in the DT block had damaged the fire detection system.

Have you tried Googling for recipes?

Anyway... I'm living at home when I go to university, so I won't have to cook for myself yet... :P And I've just realised again that I'm starting university on Monday... less than 36 hours to go! :shock: I'm trying not to panic...

:cry:

:banana:

Argh!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:39 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

The only thing my cookery teacher taught me when I was at school was how to make fairy cakes!

Oh actually that's a lie, once we caught her on a good day were she wanted to give us a challenge and she taught us how to make cheese strings! Gosh! Some of us had to have a lie down because of the dramatic change from fairy cakes to cheese strings!! :roll:

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:01 am    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Good idea with the googling for recipes.

But fairy cakes, they sound like a good idea. Not that I could live off them!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:35 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

My cookery teacher wasnt very good she alwasys put the temp up too much and left them in for too long so anything always came out a nice crispy black

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Yuck... burnt food. I bet she felt very embarrassed after burning the food, seeing as though she taught cookery! Did she make an excuse?

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:39 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Yuck... burnt food. I bet she felt very embarrassed after burning the food, seeing as though she taught cookery! Did she make an excuse?

Nope

She does it constantly every week

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Do you have to eat the food? :?

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:33 pm    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Cookery update:

Today I bought some spinach and potato indian flavour burgers from tesco today. They were very nice and I reccomend them.

I love to cook whilst watching DOND! And do the housework. It's fun.

Duffer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Ok, I once cooked this for an ex and she described it as a 'student dish' (presumably she wasn't too keen...) so you might want to give this a try! I'm a bit rubbish with how much you need of each ingredient so don't blame me if it goes wrong.... :-D

Serves 2-3, depending on whether you are dining with a pig or not...

You will need:

600g/700g Diced Chicken (it's here I have trouble with the amounts... :? )
2 green peppers, diced
4 sticks of celery, diced
2 small tubs of Greek Yoghurt
Lemon Juice
1 large onion (or two small ones...)
200g grated cheese
4 bags of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps!
Salt and Pepper to season

Ok, into a large frying pan or wok, add the green peppers (initially), then chicken, then celery and onions. Chicken should end up just browning, celery and peppers softened, doesn't matter about onions as long as they don't brown. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper about a minute or so before you remove from the heat.

Place all contents in a deep, glass, ovenproof bowl. Stir in the Greek Yoghurt. Crunch up all the crisps into small pieces (great fun!), using 2 bags to add an initial layer of top of the contents of your glass bowl, then add a layer of grated cheese, then add a final layer of the remaining 2 bags of crisps.

Place bowl in oven (200celsius) for roughly 20 mins or until top layer of crisps goes golden brown (don't let them burn!). This is why you have to use Walkers crisps - cheap, imitation crisps burn too quickly!

And, voila, a nutritious, crunchy, cheesy, chicken surprise! Enjoy! :-D

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:41 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Bloody hell! We have our very own Delia Smith! :shock:

And tune in tomorrow for more of Duffer's Dishes! :-D And news just in! You can now buy Duffer's cookery book "How to cook it like Duffer!" in local bookstores! At a price of just £4.99!!!

:-D :-D :-D

So Duffer can you tell us what handy recipe you'll be sharing with us tomorrow? :P

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:12 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

I'm a bit miffed at my agent doing the deal for only £4.99 a book though... I'm worthy of at least a £19.99 hardback....

Oh yes, tomorrow, Duffer does.... beans on toast! Happy cooking! :-D

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:08 am    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Duffer that sounds amazing! I'm not too keen on celery so I guess I could just substitute the vegetables a bit. I'll give it a go! :)

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:18 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

LittleFrog wrote:
Duffer that sounds amazing! I'm not too keen on celery so I guess I could just substitute the vegetables a bit. I'll give it a go! :)

I hope you haven't attempted my masterpiece yet as, ahem, I forgot a rather important ingredient. I knew I hadn't got it quite right when I was typing it out...

Anyway, you also need a can of Campbell's Condensed Chicken Soup! It's stirred in at the same time as the Greek yoghurt (no need to heat it). It's at this point that you think 'God, that smells revolting' but it all turns out ok when it comes out of the oven!

And yes, you can manage perfectly fine without the celery! Probably needs to be a crunchy vegetable that you replace it with though. Some extra peppers perhaps? You could probably even throw in a few mushrooms! :D

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:19 pm    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Thanks for the culinary tips, I'll try that.

Today I made tuna fishcakes! Basically I had a tin of tuna, some mashed potato, chopped onions and chives and mixed them all together, fried them for a bit then served with mayo!

Very nice! :)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:32 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Imagine if Gordon Ramsay was your teacher.

Right today you bunch of ******* we're going to cook a ******* beef wellington. Now first of you get your ******* piece of beef and.....

Certainly would be more interesting.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Recipes Thread

This thread needs to be revived!

I made some chocolate Easter nests this afternoon! Here's the recipe!

Ingredients
200g of butter
4 tablespoons of syrup
400g of dark chocolate
A lot of cornflakes (or alternatively rice krispies, whichever you prefer)

This is just a guidance of roughly how much you need, I just basically shoved all the ingredients in and made it up as I went along because I'm too lazy to measure it out.

It makes about 24 cakes, so shove that up your arse. Apparently this recipe is classed as 'easy'. Well let me tell you it *beep* well isn't! You have to do all the work by yourself. No I'm jokng, it really is quite very easy unless you really are that stupid in which you should probably stop reading this post around about now and piss off instead.

Method

Step 1 - Gently melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Don't do what I did and put too much water in the saucepan so that the bowl squashes it and the water rises over the top and sizzles on the ignition and extinguishes the flames lolz.

Step 2 - Open a box of cornflakes the wrong way round like a divvy innit.

FAIL!

Step 3 - Whilst waiting for the chocolate, syrup and butter to melt take this tea time teaser!

Spot the man in the cornflakes!

Doctors have concluded that if you can find the face in the cornflakes in 3 seconds, the right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you find the face between 3 seconds and 1 minute, your right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the face between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the face after 3 minutes, then you are stupid. Go pour yourself in petrol and light a match. (Please don't).

Step 4 - Once the mixture is melted, pour it over your head and take the burning sensation like a MAN you whimp. If it's hot enough then rinse it out of your hair into the bowl of cornflakes and stir with your tongue.

Step 5 - Once the mixture is evenly mixed in, put cupcake cases into a cupcake baking tray (WELL DUUUUURH OBVIOUSLY!) and place large spoonfuls of the mixture in your mouth, munch, spit them back out into the cases. Repeat until all the mixture is covered in your lergies ewww.

Step 6 - Open a packet of Cadbury's mini eggs and lick the outer shell and place two or three or four, or five eggs on top of each cake. Eggs lol. If you want, you can play around with what coloured eggs you want to put on each cake, i.e. two purple eggs, one white or two purple eggs, one yellow or one yellow egg, two brown eggs etc etc. Or if you are a normal person then you just shove the eggs on top in any order because no one cares bothereed not. When you pay for my eggs you can tell me which eggs to put on which cakes, until then shut your bratty gob and die. Thanks hunz you are quite the star they say you are! Mwah! Phew relaxes.

Step 7 - Once all that *beep* is done then it should look as *beep* as marvellous as this oh yeah!

Lolz, me thinks I overloaded the plate a bit!

And this is a close up because my Easter nests are such camera whores.

Step 8 - Lick the bowl and wash up after yourself you lazy *beep*.

HAPPY EASTER!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re:

h2005 wrote:
Anyway... I'm living at home when I go to university, so I won't have to cook for myself yet... :P And I've just realised again that I'm starting university on Monday... less than 36 hours to go! :shock: I'm trying not to panic...

This thread is lying! I don't start uni on Monday. :Jimmy_is_great

P.S. Nice chocolate Easter nest, Banker. :P

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Recipes Thread

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahahahahha *takes breath* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH

My kidneys burst when I read that. They actually did. Help!
Easter nests are just the posh word for cornflake cakes!!

I'll write up my chicken and brown sauce recipe soon innit dough bread maker.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Recipes Thread

Recipe not available anymore.

Last edited by "The Banker" on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]