Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Maud

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
jiveclive wrote:
I've got university Exam's on Tuesday I'm trying to get a scholarship into Edinburgh it will take a long time I've been on the exams for several months and I owe a loan of 2,400 pounds

By the way my college and another college are competing against each other

My college is the one on top

So you are a Young One? Are you Rick?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:43 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I've got two pieces of English coursework, Business Studies coursework, Citizenship coursework, a Science test, 2 work experience letters and Geography coursework to do over the Easter Holidays, and most of them need to be completed... I should also modify my ICT coursework a bit...

Knowing me, I'd leave it all until the last weekend before we go back...

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Maud wrote:
jiveclive wrote:
I've got university Exam's on Tuesday I'm trying to get a scholarship into Edinburgh it will take a long time I've been on the exams for several months and I owe a loan of 2,400 pounds

By the way my college and another college are competing against each other

My college is the one on top

So you are a Young One? Are you Rick?

Yes I'm Prick

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:34 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've just realised it's 2 years since I finished Year 13... wow, time flies.

Is there anyone else who's just finished Year 11 / 12 / 13 and is doing GCSE exams / A-Level exams this summer?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I'm doing GCSEs now.

Last Wednesday I had a Module 2 Listening and then Reading paper.

Today I had a Maths Module 5 Non calculator paper.
Tomorrow I have an English Lit paper.
Thursday I have a 2hr long food tech paper
Friday I have a 2hr business paper!

FUN!

At least it will be half term after Friday.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be having the following lessons
Food&Nut
Food&Nut
Maths
French
Add. Science
But I miss double food due to the English Exam, and I miss tomorrows food lesson due to a Biology exam which means I have no more food lessons now till the exam when I should have 3! :evil:

Maud

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:20 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
I'm doing GCSEs now.

Last Wednesday I had a Module 2 Listening and then Reading paper.

Today I had a Maths Module 5 Non calculator paper.
Tomorrow I have an English Lit paper.
Thursday I have a 2hr long food tech paper
Friday I have a 2hr business paper!

FUN!

At least it will be half term after Friday.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be having the following lessons
Food&Nut
Food&Nut
Maths
French
Add. Science
But I miss double food due to the English Exam, and I miss tomorrows food lesson due to a Biology exam which means I have no more food lessons now till the exam when I should have 3! :evil:

Food and Nut??? and that a chocolate bar???

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I'm currently doing my AS levels at the moment (1st year of A-level exams). So far I've had:

General Studies (All papers)- This was utter bullsh*t really and it was all about ballet... I'll never understand why our school makes us do it.

English Language Module 2- That went quite well I think. Got a B in the coursework and an A in module 1 as well so I'm feeling Ok about that.

Critical Thinking- This is a fun one... I never even did Critical Thinking as a subject and yet the school entered me for the exam accidentally :lol: I went today and failed spectacularly but an E is better than a U at the end of the day!

I have my English Literature exam on Wednesday- studied The great Gatsby, Amadeus and Paradise Lost for that, with Othello being the Coursework piece (I got an A for that too so I'm feeling alright about that)- and then Modern History on June 2nd (Did Course Essays on May 9th and I'm meh about them...)

Study leave = Extended half term though- I'm hitting the beach tomorrow, sod revision :P

Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:31 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Im guessing the A-Level exams are the english equivalent to the Scottish Highers which is what im doing now! Really hoping i get the grades i need to get into university this year! Hopefully i'll have 4 weeks left before i can leave High school!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I've just realised it's 2 years since I finished Year 13... wow, time flies.

Is there anyone else who's just finished Year 11 / 12 / 13 and is doing GCSE exams / A-Level exams this summer?

I'm still in my last week of Year 13. Our last day is Friday. My first exam is on the 2nd June.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

We dont have a last day... :ponder: we just have lessons right up until our exams are over.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Tom22 wrote:
We dont have a last day... :ponder: we just have lessons right up until our exams are over.

Oh right. I'm tempted to say that sucks but it could actually be helpful...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I'd say exam leave is a bit pointless actually, as I found we often ended up coming back and meeting with teachers anyway to cover stuff we didn't have time to cover during lessons. It was rather inconvenient trying to arrange a time when we could all meet as people had treated exam leave as a holiday and had often made other arrangements...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

I have the joy of being a Senior Prefect now, so I'm a form prefect. Today, their teacher asked them to ask me and Nick (form prefects) any questions, which resulted in a guy called Valentino (he's English, too) asking me why people on the bus I get on call me Spongebob :lol:

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:15 am    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

Is anyone in year 10 here?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:33 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

I do ASs now.

redrum666 wrote:
The great Gatsby

I have to study that for my Eng. Lit.

Tomorrow, I have

Free lesson
Free lesson
Business
Business
Free lesson.

:smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread
Forum Games Moderator

Anyone else here in Year 9?

Probably not, come to think of it.
On the recent malarky about no SATs for 14 year olds starting from '09, I think that includes me. But then, this kids staying on in secondary school until 17 is only vaild for new arrivals, new year 7s. Poor sods, I do feel sorry for them sometimes. Only sometimes. Only reason I dont like them is because a) they're all midgets, b) they all seem intent on running wild about the place and trying to kill everyone they see (or basically, they all seem to have ADHD or are all into steroids and ecstacy - probably the latter) and c) they think they rule the bloody place, they think they're all hard going about like...like...headless chickens I suppose, for lack of a more comedic phrase.

But going back, it would be interesting to see if there's anyone remotely close to my age or location on here.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

We have vertical tutoring at our school. It's where 3 year 7s, 3 year 8s... all the way up to 2 year 13s are put in a tutor group. I hate it. I now hate little children. I hate my tutor group.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread
Forum Games Moderator

cookie_monster wrote:
We have vertical tutoring at our school. It's where 3 year 7s, 3 year 8s... all the way up to 2 year 13s are put in a tutor group. I hate it. I now hate little children. I hate my tutor group.

That's weird. I have to put it simply, it is. But I do agree about little children.

Luckily our tutor groups stay the same for the full 5 years we're at secondary school down here, only the poor kids going up in 2009 have to stay till they're 18.

Anyway. I swear, the next one I see darting past me playing stupid little kiss-chase games or whatever it is they play, I've decided, I'm going to smash their head in with a cleaver and proceed to eat it.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:18 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

daniel123 wrote:
b) they all seem intent on running wild about the place and trying to kill everyone they see

Lucky you. All the year 7's/8's/9's in our school just walk extremely slowly :| Although the other week, one of them was walking so slowly that I accidentally trapped him in a door. That was good.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: School Discussion thread

:shock: Sadist. :P

[ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]