Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Many moons ago, H started a thread with this same title. He linked us to the wonderful Wayback Machine, through which one can travel back in time to view any website at whichever points in history the Machine has created an archive for.

Today, I'd like to bring you back to a time I knew well; below is how this very forum once was. I present September 5th, 2006:

capture

print screen windows

how to do a screenshot on a pc

img

Yes, a different world indeed. Ah, those days... :smt028

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:15 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

I also present, for your enjoyment only - the profile of my good colleague JimmyB!

screenshot on pc

:suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Oh...and, er...me...

screen shot software

:shock:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:03 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Global Moderator

What an awfully long time ago. :suspect: :ponder:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:57 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...

Wow! certainly changed a bit now!

I only discovered british DOND in early 2007 (just after Laura's game) while browsing through some game shows from around the world on YouTube. And i discovered the forum in probably mid-2007-ish

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...

Instantly transported back to the desolate and bleak IT rooms circa Year 7/8, where I would do all my browsing of this mystical place. I didn't have internet access from home until 2009 so missed out contributing during the golden era.

And thank goodness I did. I would definitely have come across as a bit Wakey.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Jimmy wrote:
What an awfully long time ago. :suspect: :ponder:

'Twas, wasn't it? :shock: :suspect:

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:11 am    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...

Lots of names from the distant past there! Even the admins/mods of that time have long since disappeared...

Lee's username was ahead of its time, now he really could open box 23! :-D

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 am    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...

I want to say "happy memories" but that would be something of a lie - while it was certainly extremely fun posting on the forum (and long-gone chatroom) at the time, in real life I was seventeen and stuck in the middle of a deeply unhappy few years when friends numbered zero and life had little to live for. DOND and this forum helped me a huge amount from 2005-2007, as did a few kind souls from here that I had the privilege to meet - a number that almost included h2005 when we were in the same pub one day a few years back, but sadly didn't realise until the day afterwards!

Just been reading a few threads this morning, good to see some old faces are still around :)

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:38 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

:-D

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:43 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Global Moderator

:suspect: :ponder:

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:57 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Jimmy wrote:

What is it with you and that combination of emoticons :suspect: :ponder:

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:59 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

In many ways, I feel a lot like Sir Bruce Forsyth. :ponder:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:51 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Global Moderator

Skyline wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

What is it with you and that combination of emoticons :suspect: :ponder:

I'm not sure I can tell you the answer to that :suspect: :ponder:

But all I know is that :Jimmy_is_great and kestral_is_the_best

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Wait...why on Earth did I think I was like Bruce Forsyth? :suspect: :ponder:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:07 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Global Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
Wait...why on Earth did I think I was like Bruce Forsyth? :suspect: :ponder:

You have perfectly demonstrated the reasons why we must continually whip out these emoticons for perpetual use on these forums.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:24 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

Well, yes, quite! I believe you and I, further to that point, if we are to wind back the clock of time some considerable distance - eight or nine years, in fact - I do believe we would be able to recall an era during which we never had such a vast array of emoticons as we are presented with in the modern age. Certainly these two in question didn't exist - and bearing that in mind, I feel that now we have them at our disposal, we may as well put them to good use. I might even venture out on a limb (for a change) and remark that we would be foolish not to, given the highly particular and fairly essential purpose they serve. :smt023

:ponder: :suspect:

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:27 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Forum Games Moderator

I was also well aware of the moderating issue, but I daresay it's a bit late in the day for slaps on the wrist... :suspect: :ponder:

Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The forum as it was...
Global Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
I was also well aware of the moderating issue, but I daresay it's a bit late in the day for slaps on the wrist... :suspect: :ponder:

All I'm saying is :chicken

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]