Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Spill the Heinz Baked Beans. What are your interests, past and present?

Inspired by a daniel123 post on psychokiller's thread "What irritates you?"

Here goes:

Cartoons - (2+) - This is probably my lifelong interest. And it's still going strong.

Numbers - (1+) - Hmm... I've always been interested in these things as soon as I started to, well, speak.

Calculators - (2-10) - When I was younger I had a collection of 23 calculators. Cute.

Piano - (7-15) - Has to be said, doing grades killed my passion for the piano. Screw scales and sight reading, and doing the same three pieces for a year. :(

Composing Music - (8-16) - It was great fun. I need to get Sibelius on this computer and start composing again. My site has some of my compositions... the golden ages were probably during my GCSEs.

Karate - (9-12 and 17-18) - Well not really during my younger years, I got bored of it fast. But the second time, due to a great sensei I kept on going until I had to start uni. Which was pretty lame. There's a karate society in uni but it's so expensive. I still go back once in a while to my home town for a bit of kumite. Fun!

The London Underground - (7+) When I got my first tube map, I took a bit of interest on this awesome system. When I tried to figure out where Aldwych station was, this interest became effin' HUGE. Turned out that Aldwych was a station that closed in 1994. I now know all the disused LU stations, and yeah. It's a pretty huge interest of mine. Really.

Comics - (6+) My first serious childhood comic was TomTom et Nana. Not really the best of comics, but it was entertaining, and I discovered superior works such as Marsupilami, Boule et Bill, Gaston LaGaffe, Ducobu (all these are French/Belgian) and I still read comics to this day.

Tax Discs - (7-9) - Don't ask.

Cats - (12+) I like cats.

Football - (6) I had to fake it because my dad really wanted to get me a custom Liverpool football kit. Well... I had to play for him, didn't I? But I don't like the game, nor do I care to watch it.

Baseball - (18+) I've found my sport. Plus I find it fun to watch.

Tennis - (17+) As above.

Cooking - (10+) - Since my mum left to go to Corsica, I had to learn to do all the cleaning :roll: and more interestingly, all the cooking. Which is fun. I started cooking a bit before my mum left, but it got serious after she did. Plus, cooking programs are great fun to watch.

Dinosaurs - (8) - Another rather shortlived interest.

Neopets - (7-11) - Yes, I got really obsessed with this game when I was younger. It was worse when I was 11, and would spend from when I got home from school at 4 til 12 playing that awful game. Thankfully I didn't eat in front of the computer. (I was depressed around that time, though :( )
Back to my lab report :smt015 :smt015

Last edited by Skyline on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Haha, great to see someone else who had an interest in tax discs! :D

I had a collection, at one point, of 252 ranging from 19...55 (March '55) to...let's see....probably February 2008. I sold them on eBay a year ago for £23.16.

For my list, I suppose you need look no further than my post that inspired this thread. I might quote it, just for the record.

I'll add my rekindled love of Deal (OR NO DEAL :-D ;) ) , though I still haven't properly watched since Jan '08. That exile looks set to continue for the foreseeable future; I just don't feel up to regular viewing at the moment really. Not yet. :P

Did I mention my fondness for nautical archaeology? Probably did actually. How about...

Shirts (14 - present) I've been wearing shirts since I was 14, and my collection is rather wide-ranging. I have only about 20 shirts, but they are various in style.

Pocket watches (8-9, 17-present) - I pride myself on my gentlemanly nature, and what more essential garment of the quintessential gent than a pocket watch? Though I don't wear in public, I do have one in my room somewhere which is about 110 years old.

That's about all for now...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Interests.

Here's some facts you didn't know previously, with some you maybe didn't *want* to know:

Thomas the Tank Engine (2-6)

Sooty (2 +)

The Beano (10-12)

Oasis (11 +)

Deal or No Deal (12 - 13, 18)

Photography (13 +)

Top of the Pops (16 +)

That's yer lot for now. I'll elaborate on why another time.

Last edited by psychokiller on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Yes. That reminds me.

Photography (12-14, sporadically since then) - must have mentioned that before though.

Oasis (14-)

Chas & Dave (14-)

Editing Wikipedia (16-) mainly lower-league and non-league footballers, under the name Ddk67. You won't find me I don't think, as I don't have a user page to my name.

Lieutenant Pigeon (17-) Only one song as yet, however.

Pirates of the Caribbean (11-)

Schindler's List (15-)

And quite a few other things that again, I forget for now.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Writing (2-) Mainly poetry from the age of 13, as well as short stories. Though I did have a poem entered in a competition with 37,000 others around the country in January 2007 aged 12; I was the winner of the 5,000 from Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. I won £20. :lol:

I am afflicted for lengthy periods with writer's block...a severe case of. Which means I'm only active "now and then", and only for periods of about two months at a time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Deal or No Deal - (14-15) Cute

Chemistry - (10+) Now at uni.

The Story of Tracy Beaker - (8-12) - I loved that show.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Interests.

Wheel of fortune

Cartoons

Making new characters

Eating Chocolate

Deal or no deal

Villains being heroes

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Global Moderator

Deal or No Deal (obviously)

Robot Wars

Rainbow Six

Thomas the Tank Engine (the classic series, not the new stuff)

BBC2 '90s Idents

University Challenge

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Interests.

Writing (I work as a journalist)

Photography

Transit (See avatar)

Eating

Sleeping

Getting away with stuff (Daily occurrence here)

Going on random adventures

Radio (I'm a former radio presenter / newsreader / producer / commercial writer)

Music (Jazz, smooth jazz, classic rock and alternative rock, in particular)

Humour

Sarcasm (Founding father of Team Sarcasm, along with psychokiller)

TV game shows

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:10 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Interests.

Pokemon is another one for me :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

I might edit my thing on Wikipedia; I've created a new account called ddk4642. I have created a user page, so you can find me... :smt023

Brony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:18 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: Interests.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic! :girl :girl :girl :girl :girl :hearts :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:19 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Interests.
Forum Games Moderator

Brony wrote:
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic!

We KNOW! :roll: :P

But what do you think of the other My Little Pony shows?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:40 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Interests.

Brony wrote:
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic!

Well, well, it was only a matter of time before that came up wasn't it? :roll: ;)

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]