Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BoxClever

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Warnings: 0
From Philip Glenister's book "Things ain't what they used to be":

Philip says that when he tried his hand as a DJ on hospital radio he was given a list of songs not to play as they might upset the patients. These included: 'I Left My Heart in San Francisco', 'Stayin Alive', 'The Final Countdown' and 'Knockin on Heaven's Door'.

Of course, there's also 'I Will Survive'. Any other suggestions?

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio
Forum Games Moderator

I Will Survive is a perfect example of a very APPROPRIATE song for Hospital Radio. The patients will be grooving to the beat in no time, and it motiviates them aswell - subconsciously, subliminally, there will be a sense of "Yes, Yes....I WILL survive". There is always a subliminal wave of the literally implied meaning in everything we hear. Though it may not be the way we register it (for example, I Will Survive, as we know, is a woman saying that SHE will), the literal meaning of whatever we're hearing will always come across to us (for instance, again with I Will Survive, those three words and most of the other lyrics will be registered also as YOU stating that YOU will survive, etc). Shortly after this, your mind will at some point begin to picture this literal meaning - you surviving, you doing this and that as stated in the song. I believe in this way songs are a form of light hypnotism - the good form. So I see nothing wrong with that one in particular.

The Final Countdown, amazing though it is, just isn't appropriate, I agree. Stayin' Alive....again, the literal implied meaning of this may come through at a point, and other than those two words there aren't many other words in the song. Don't know if that'd be good or not.

I reckon....Dead End Street by the Kinks.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Spirit in the Sky

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

The Cheeky Girls...that'd be enough to make anyone want to go to the other side.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio
Administrator & Global Moderator

The Specials - Ghost Town

garylq

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:49 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Queen - Killer Queen
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight
Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes
Led Zepplin - Stairway To Heaven

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:31 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:29 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Sugababes - Hole In The Head

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:14 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio
Forum Games Moderator

Katy Perry - erm, every song she's ever made. So bad that every patient in the ward will be praying for someone to burst in with a machine gun and open fire.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BoxClever

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:56 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Just thought of some more:

Coldplay - Fix You
Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die
REM - Everybody Hurts

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:01 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Pete Burns - Dead or Alive.
Rihanna - SOS.
La Roux - In For The Kill [Particularly people who are recovering from nearly being murdered]
Rihanna - Disturbia
Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage! (Fire in the Disco) [Someone who was recovering from one]

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Here's another:

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder on the Dance Floor

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:42 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Anastacia - Sick and Tired.

lcc

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:50 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

i want to break free by queen :ponder:

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:30 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Ring of fire :laughing

lcc

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:51 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

lets get this party started (pink) :cow

garylq

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:38 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Geriatric ward; Confusion - ELO

Surgical ward; First Cut is the Deepest - Rod Stewart

Urology ward; (Anything) by Wet Wet Wet

Physciatric ward; (Anything) by Madness

Intensive Care; Help Me Make It Through The Night - Kris Kristofferson

Accident & Emergency; Crash and Burn - Savage Garden

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:43 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin? Well, the ward for the older people.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

Gary Jules - Mad World (the lyrics would be pretty unsuitable!)

lcc

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:00 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: Inappropriate Songs for Hospital Radio

will you still love me forever :smt054 who ever sings that really old song?????

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]