Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Yeah, fair enough...again, I'm wholeheartedly with you on the Westboro Baptist Church. We've all the freedom of expression, but not the freedom to force our views on everyone else...

My worst two culprits of 'extreme Christianity' are the WBC and the 'tinfoil hat movement' on the internet, as I call them, who go out of their way to actively try and find signs of the illuminati and Satanism in music videos, movies, cartoons etc. and when they do, they waste no time in getting their tinfoil hats and crosses out and saying "Hey everyone, this thing is pure evil! Stop liking this thing NOW or we are all doomed!"

Seriously, SHUT UP! :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:41 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I'm rather sad to report that my journey has taken another violent detour in the worse direction. I truly believed I had this.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:33 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Nike Huaraches.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I wrote that last post on Thursday? It's Saturday now? It feels like last month.

However, I have not ever given up, nor shall I ever. I will sail into the rising wave, and I will emerge. Full steam ahead, Captain.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:47 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Stereotypes. Getting judged as a member of a group instead of as an individual.

Feeling unappreciated.

Regretting nearly your whole past, and wishing things turned out differently.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

mr_northern_guy wrote:
Stereotypes. Getting judged as a member of a group instead of as an individual.

Feeling unappreciated.

Regretting nearly your whole past, and wishing things turned out differently.

I agree with all of these, particularly the last. The mistakes I've made so far in the past five or so years may come back to haunt me, now that I've graduated... :(

But as I say, you shouldn't dwell on the past for too long, only do so for reflection and inspiration to change things for the future. You can't change the past. OK, I would have done it a bit differently second time around - taking a gap year between school and uni, getting work experience and starting uni much more mature than I am now. My dad was having none of it and convinced me to go straight after school. I leave uni sick of education and burnt out, and not much life/work experience under my belt. To any snobs from TheStudentRoom (I made the mistake of looking for advice about this before my exams on that site), I would be screwed for life, but f*** that, seriously. Criticizing your past without learning from it will only make it worse, because you can't change the past.

But... there is no second time around. Next year will be exciting and hopefully more successful and rewarding than the last two... I'm thinking positive and hoping to build up experience for my dream career. :smt047 :-D Wish me luck ;D

Sorry for the ramble, and feel free to disagree if you want... I'm just a naive little lad :oops: :P

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:35 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

We would all change things 2nd round. I would so change my last year of primary school (long time ago now though).

Ah, how I miss being an over-competitive idiot (not).

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:30 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who make Bieber jokes.

i know he's awful but just I wish people who made Bieber jokes would come up with some original material that reference things like his DUI charges, him urinating in the mop bucket, his monkey etc. instead of the same rehashed 'Baby' jokes about his old haircut and his pre-puberty voice over and over again.

No one talks about Rebecca black, Jenna Rose or The Jonas Brothers anymore, nor do people still make Miley Cyrus jokes about Hannah Montana anymore.

So to the people who still make 'Baby' jokes about Justin Bieber - just remember it's not 2010 anymore folks!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

People taking the world of showbusiness seriously. It has that name for a reason.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:06 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Cinema prices. I'd love to go see SPECTRE but £10.95 per ticket is taking the *BEEP* :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:00 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Just be patient and wait for movies to come out on DVD. I can rent most movies for just $0.50 at Redbox (a popular movie kiosk) and them with my whole family. Do they have those in the UK? :ponder:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:02 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Just be patient and wait for movies to come out on DVD. I can rent most movies for just $0.50 at Redbox (a popular movie kiosk) and them with my whole family. Do they have those in the UK? :ponder:

Nope, we don't have that. We don't even have movie rental shops in the UK with Blockbuster having gone bust.

I will certainly wait for the Blu-ray as they're normally about £10 on release.

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

£10 for the Blu-ray, £10.95 for a ticket to the cinema. I suppose the benefit of the Blu-ray is that you can watch it as many times as you please. Like me investing in a snooker table for £500, rather than paying £50 a week at the club...

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I am learning to make peace with the anger and hatred I had, rather than fuelling it and allowing it to burn through me like an inferno destroys a cottage. It's time for no inferno, time to put that out with the river, the rushes, the reeds, the breeze. We cannot 'beat' hatred, disillusionment, contempt and the dark. This isn't the way to go about ourselves, yet it's the approach most of us endorse. In order to conquer something, our force has to be greater than its force - but it's still force, and therefore, only force ends up the winner.

To truly conquer, we must find peace. To not campaign against anything, but make peace with it. Accept that it exists, and we exist, and that is all.

Of course, there will always be irritations, but at this present moment, not so much here.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:40 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Hmm. That's an odd post from the other day actually. My best friend had left me the day before, or at least, we'd had a massive row and now we're not talking...which may last forever, or hopefully won't do, but there's that for you.

Anyhow. I find the incessant cries, wails and screams of children not irritating, but horrifically distressing. I almost cry myself. The yells and shrill shrieks stay in my head for days, playing out over and over again like broken records. Especially when they go through different octaves until they're out of air to use - wa-wa-wa-AHHHHHHHHHHHH-ARGHHHHH--ha-ha-ha-HAAAAAAAA-(down in pitch)-ha-huh-haa-(up again)-haaaAAAA!

Christ. See to your kid. Soothe him. Don't let everyone, including him, suffer.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:38 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Looking at the charts and seeing a top 10 full of Bieber songs :smt011

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The utterly USELESS and annoying auto-correct on an ipad, especially when it 'corrects' the word you're typing to something TOTALLY different

I once typed the word 'road' and it changed it to 'reload'! :smt019 :smt011 :x :evil:

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:35 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

That best friend turned out to have been lying through her teeth all along, by the way, including spinning me a pretty nasty yarn that she was about to leave this world at one point, when - for a deathly-ill person - her public photos showed her in rather surprising shape...all the better for being rid of people like that.

So there's my entry: people, if they can be called such things, like that.

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:46 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People is a good one. A bit broad but I'd say it covers 99% of it :smt023

Last edited by thundercat on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:19 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Donald Trump. I think we all knew this prat was going to become the president of the USA for several months now, and the very thing we all dreaded has finally become a reality :roll: :smt011

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]