Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:34 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
Go on, have a drink, take a seat, let it all spill out - what pisses you off ? It could be anything from society, people, internet, general life or Piers Morgan.

I'll start the proverbial ball rolling -

*Squeezing the last drags out of the toothpaste tube when there's next to nothing left.

*Someone entering your room and leaving again without closing the door.

*One word answers. *ESPECIALLY* to long and descriptive pieces of text which have clearly taken some considerable effort to write up. Really, there is just no excuse for it. Offenders need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror, then punch themselves in the jaw many times.

*People under the ages of 16 who cry about or take a relationship break-up really badly. Remove your head from your a*se and lighten up, no-one died and you're only young. It does not matter.

*The Daily Mail. Seriously, what ? Why ? What ?

*People who claim to have social anxiety but are very capable and confident in social situations that real sufferers could only dream about.

*Automatic doors that never work right.

*Noisy fellows on the bus. Point ?

*Hypocritical people as a whole, but ESPECIALLY those who always berate other people for judging others and being disrespctful to others and what have you... but they do it themselves. Go and play with matches.

*Celebrity Juice. I don't see the fuss ? Keith Lemon is just incredibly annoying.

*Jedward. Natch.

*Slow internet connectivity, even more so when you're watching something live.

Think that'll do for now.

:D

Last edited by Jimmy on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profanity removed

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:48 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

This has the potential to be a really good thread....the first we’ve had here for many a year even...maybe even second best to “What are you Currently Doing?” ;)

Alright, well...I must say I agree with you on every single point there.

Where to start from here though? I have to start with...

...people who tell me my town is *beep*, and a crap place to live. It’s not. It’s never been and won’t ever be. We have forests, we have parks, we have shops, we have jobs (mostly in KFC), we have the harbour, we have THE SEA! We have The Isle of Wight next to us, we have Portsmouth which is a reasonably nice city (coming from a Southampton lad born in Pompey...), we have low crime rates compared to...I don’t know, Swindon or Luton, my house has only ever been burgled once, we have a suspension bridge, we have shipwrecks to explore, we have the Spinnaker Tower, we have snooker clubs, we have a high street full of market traders on Tuesdays and Saturdays, we have clean roads and paths, we have streetlamps that illuminate the streets perfectly, we all either have 3 and 4 bedroom houses or are broke and destitute prostitutes but that doesn’t matter, we have a Discovery Centre, we have an art gallery, we have two conservative clubs, we have window cleaners like myself and my old man, we have postmen and women who arrive on the dot at 6.17 pm, we have a War Memorial Hospital open every day except Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays and closed on Sundays, we have lots of pubs, we have a thriving bankruptcy industry, we have a thriving sex industry, we have lakes, we have Alverstoke (look it up), we have the Alver river, we have a population of 80,000 people who could defend Gosport in a war – try saying that about the population of Chad – we have absolutely totally completely thoroughly everything we could ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have ever wished for in our entire – and our ancestors’ entire – lives.
That’s it for Point 1...

Number 2. People I hold the door open for, who just walk through as if it’s my duty to do so. I am a gentleman yes, I am nice yes, but I have no obligation to be either of those to you, if you take me for granted.

3. Photographers who label themselves “C Smith Photography” or “J Jones Photography” or “Albert Johnson *beep* PHOTOGRAPHY!”. WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT THINK OF DIFFERENT BLOODY NAMES? WHY? WHY??
Just call yourself “D. Karmy – Photographer” or something like that, but for Christ’s sake make it different to everyone else. That’s step one to success. Be unique.

4. Religion. I’m prepared to take some flak here; but I can not understand religious people. Most religions all revolve around one key story: a man in a robe walked around saying he was the Son of God, performed miracles and told stories, was executed and became some martyr figure and the moral of his life story is you should follow some rules somebody once wrote in a book. Whatever the book’s called, the story is exactly the same.
It may be right; I think there was a man called Jesus who roamed the streets 2,000 years ago, purported to be a miracle maker and indeed was successful in making miracles. Supposedly, according to the book about him. An olden-day Dynamo.

A magician, an illusionist, a fake. He probably stood on a hill and told everyone he was “The son of God”, so they probably executed him because he was a right nutter.
I don’t like that word nutter, but it’s required here.
Do I advocate execution of mentally-ill people? Absolutely not. I would have been dead. But this was 2,000 years ago, morals were slightly different...

I do not think there is any credibility in the Bible, the story of one man’s life as told by other men 1,000 years after it supposedly happened. It’s a great story, it’s taught us all how we live today, ie the principles within it, but is it true? I really don’t think so. Prove it to me...................

5. Both Evolution and The Big Bang. I do not believe anyone can find out where exactly we came from, and I do not believe anyone can accurately describe how our world began. I believe both of those impossible, though they are more believable to me than that book about the bloke who was nailed to a cross. So I tend towards the Big Bang and Evolution, but my beliefs don’t really lie in any theory put forward by anyone else.

6. The X Factor. Really? What a load of crap. Absolute rubbish. Keeps the sheep asleep...

7. People who call me a “conspiracy theorist”. I’m not. None of us are. We are people who have different beliefs to you, regarding certain events, for instance 9/11, for instance 7/7, for instance the death of Princess Diana or the impending imprisonment of Bradley Manning. Be open to listen to what we have to say, and you’ll find out that we – for instance my fellow members of the 9/11 Truth Movement – aren’t just “spouting rubbish” as the tabloids may claim.

8. Israel – the State/the Government of. Not the people of, just to make crystal clear, in this PC world. Chiefly for the atrocities committed in Palestine over 65-odd years, Palestine being my family’s home country (originally), especially the most recent bombardment of Gaza.

Any Israeli who believes his nation has been wrong to do as they have, is excused from this.

9. People who don’t reply to messages on Facebook. Enough said.

10. People who, on your Facebook status that was meant to be funny, say “ahahahaha you’re funny” but refuse to like it anyway. Leaving you with zero likes for what you thought was a great status, leaving your self confidence in tatters.

11. Snobs.

12. Wealthy people who walk past a busker or homeless, begging person on the street and don’t even think about giving them any money. Hey, you might be in his position one day, Mr Rich Man, I’d give a little to those less fortunate.

13. Those who call me “British”. I am English-born, part Scottish and part Palestinian. I am a part-Scottish, part-Palestinian Englishman. Not a “Briton”. That doesn’t exist.

14. Tax. Since when did I agree to give money to a company who then distribute it where I can’t see it, and won’t tell me where exactly they’re putting it? Sounds like theft to me, or something more sinister.

15. Sunny but cold days. Come on Sun, if you’re giving us light, give us heat. But not too much, I hate that. I prefer rain anyway.

I could think of more, but that should do for this morning...rant over.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I can think of more in fact.

16. Those who claim to have suffered as you have, to have “been there” or “felt how you feel”. No, you haven’t. No bloody way have you been “there”. You haven’t experienced the deepest of depressions, you haven’t been suicidal, you haven’t ever cried your eyes out for absolutely *beep* all reason, you haven’t done any of the things I have, you have not felt any of the feelings I, and other sufferers of illnesses and diseases of the brain have. So stop trying to comfort me by lying. Stop trying to make me “feel better”, it doesn’t work. You haven’t suffered, you are not blessed and cursed as some of us are but simply blessed. Live your life as such and stop trying to make yourself think like me. You don’t want that. You don’t want the brain I have.
Stop pretending you ever will.

And that...that is it for tonight...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
International Forums Moderator

You know what, I've learned a lot about you from this, Dan! And although you were eminently mockable when you didn't seem to grasp the idea of a dealable offer (I think I called you "daniel123%ofthemeannodeal" once), you're clearly a much more complex character than that.

I'm familiar with Gosport - my aunt lives in Fareham, I'm in Southampton, I've been to Gosport town centre (and on the ferry to Pompey) once, and to Lee-on-the-Solent and Stokes Bay many times. Lee is fine, Stokes Bay is obviously military so hard to judge as a "seaside" place as such, but Gosport town centre... admittedly I visited it on a miserable Sunday in the 90s, but I wasn't impressed then. My opinion of Gosport? It's better than Basildon. :D

I love your views on religion, and find it hard to disagree with you on Israel. A good friend of mine I have discovered this year is also of Arab origin, the Canadian-born child of Lebanese migrants who has been studying in Glasgow, and this conflict has been deeply personal to her even though she is not originally from Palestine as such. It's an absolute tragedy that a state created as a safe haven in the wake of the worst genocide ever is now engaged in its own mass murder of people who are deemed not of their own kind. Horrific irony.

Nationality is an abstract concept in many ways anyway. As my friend illustrates!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

daniel123 wrote:
16. Those who claim to have suffered as you have, to have “been there” or “felt how you feel”. No, you haven’t. No bloody way have you been “there”. You haven’t experienced the deepest of depressions, you haven’t been suicidal, you haven’t ever cried your eyes out for absolutely *beep* all reason, you haven’t done any of the things I have, you have not felt any of the feelings I, and other sufferers of illnesses and diseases of the brain have. So stop trying to comfort me by lying. Stop trying to make me “feel better”, it doesn’t work. You haven’t suffered, you are not blessed and cursed as some of us are but simply blessed. Live your life as such and stop trying to make yourself think like me. You don’t want that. You don’t want the brain I have.
Stop pretending you ever will.

And that...that is it for tonight...

YES !

As someone who battles mental health problems themselves, it feels incredibly pleasing to read the above text and know that someone else feels exactly the same. I wouldn't wish my confused, anxiety ridden, insecurity laden mind on anyone.

I have something called 'Body Dysmorphic Disorder', which is nothing less than ghastly. Imagine being so consumed with confusion by your appearance and feeling extremely self concious and paranoid about the thoughts of others that you can scarcely bring yourself to go out and live like regular 'confident' people do. Add to that a 'Borderline Personality Disorder' and a metric f*ck ton of related depression and social anxiety problems, which has prevented me from getting anyway socially when it comes to meeting friends and girls (especially the latter.... oh GOD) and yeah, you've got yourself living the life that other people would view as pure 'nightmare fuel'.

Phew... rant mode over !

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

KP: Ah, it is nice to see someone else familiar with Gosport. The High Street I agree on, it’s not the best aspect of our town by far. That said, it’s my current workplace, and I think...it’s a different, strange place very early in the morning. Just prior to sunrise, in a twilight-esque light.
I used to live down there, as a 4-6 year old, and working there in the mornings brings back memories of being made porridge before school, the sky still moody and atmospheric and dark, without the slightest noise in the maisonette as I sat on a little stool in the kitchen, watching the day emerge through a half-open blind, sat thinking of what I would do, where I would go, when to catch the bus to Rowner Infant School...

...maybe I’m lucky that this part of town I associate with such memories. And many more of course, but I couldn’t list them all.

As for Palestine...horrific irony indeed. It was torturous to watch the events of the past few weeks unfold; the general consensus among Palestinians was that the ceasefire indicated a Palestinian victory and an Israeli defeat. I remember thinking, “A ceasefire is a start. Now, how about you give us our land next, if you’d be so generous?”
The recent vote for the Palestinian State...this is a further step forward.

Slowly, surely, the old, gnarled Palestinian warship, though battered and worn, is emerging from beneath the tidal wave and rising above the storm, the worst of which it has – at great cost, I note - beaten off. But the view of the Palestinians lost in the fight...was that whatever price was one worth paying, for the freedom of their people.

That....all of that...makes me proud to call myself part-Palestinian.

On the subject of me...I agree, I was a mockable figure, “back in the day”. I was also...rather bullish in everything I did. I think one of the first things I did here, was to pick a fight with the late Dan4389 over a female contestant on the show. It led to, I believe, a PM from the contestant herself telling me to leave her alone...

...my point being, I was cocky, arrogant, young...immature. And you’re right, I couldn’t grasp the concept that an offer was dealable.

The influence of Wakey had a lot to do with that. I saw someone making a name for himself – for good or bad – and I wanted to become well-known, I would never have been happy as just “daniel123...who? Oh, er...yeah, I think I remember him...”
And so it turned out that Wakey now has Wakeyism in the DONDictionary, and I have nothing.

But he was first, he laid down the blueprint that I then altered slightly after his departure (or, his first departure...)

Psychokiller: Nightmare fuel....you are right.

I was speaking to a great friend of mine, my best friend in fact, only recently. We’ve often spoken about each other’s lives, and we can relate of course because of not only my bipolar and Asperger’s, but his own anxiety disorder. The fact that both of us suffer...leads us often to joke about how we would live “if I lived your life for a day...”, specifically, “if I had your brain for a day”.

I say to him that – putting it simply – I would instantly swap my own daily torture for his, on the basis that he most probably has less to cope with.

He probably doesn’t have to fight off several voices of crying, screaming young girls in his head – let alone crying, screaming totally inappropriate, made up words – on a minute-to-minute basis in order to concentrate on I don’t know, being able to count to 10 without interruption, he probably doesn’t wake up some days thinking of how most efficiently to end his life. He probably doesn’t live through days when absolutely everything is going fantastically, when he has no worries about anything, when everybody loves him and he is constantly in need of the spotlight, when a trip to Venezuela is completely appropriate and he wants to fly there today, when he can not stop speaking to absolutely everyone who will – and won’t – listen, when he is racing through every thought known to man at 7,000 miles an hour...

...when all of this stops, as abruptly as it started.

When it’s all over. When he is forever immersed in a vast black ocean of his own despair. When he cannot stop crying to himself over everything.

When he unintentionally rounds on his best friends and acts in ways he would not dream of, when he – in his mind - destroys in a second everything he had, walks off in a fit of blind rage and comes an inch away from being run over by a passing car as he crosses the road, with no care for anything.

I don’t think he has felt that. I don’t think he has had to live with moments of begging people for forgiveness for actions undertaken while in a different state of mind...

But one of those people has always been him. He is the first to say to me, “I haven’t been there. I don’t know how you have felt, I can only imagine”.
His father is a manic depressive also...he knows how we can be, from his own personal experience, I could not have a friend who understands me more.

But...I don’t believe I have known anxiety like he has.
I mean, I’ve been anxious – I mean, properly anxious – think of being at the front of a room full of 400 people, about to walk onto the stage and conduct a show you haven’t rehearsed for, with no lines, no script, this being the crowning moment of your 2-year fight back from being a widely ridiculed, constantly bullied and oft suicidal figure, think that kind of anxious – but have I ever experienced his anxiety disorder?

I don’t think so.
I can only imagine how he has felt; I can’t claim to have “been there”.

But people who do make these claims, when they are perfectly healthy themselves...I just think, “please, please stop. This is agonising, this is horrible. You’re making me feel worse”.

They only ever want to help...but sometimes the best way of doing that is to accept how fortunate they are and leave me alone, with my own space.

To you people...you are fortunate. As I said, you are not blessed and cursed but simply blessed. Live your life as such....you might want to be me, but you do not ever want my brain.

Rant....over :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I forgot to mention the Asperger’s there.

To have someone ask you “How are you?” and to not be able to respond, other than in blabbering nonsense words...as a kid, that was horrible.
To not be able to stand in front of anyone and make a speech, or do anything with anyone else watching, or to speak to anyone with someone else watching, I’ve nearly overcome that but it’s still a problem for me.

I can’t speak properly to anyone I don’t know. If I know you well, from anywhere – whether in person or for instance, from somewhere like here - that’s fine, I’m often going to be the centre of attention. But not if you’re with someone I’ve never seen or heard of in my life. Then I freeze.

Thesedays I just make myself look like an idiot, mumbling out robot-like automatic phrases in response to questions, for instance, “yeah not bad yourself?”.

That’s a normal phrase, right? OK, now let me hear you say it in response to absolutely everyone who ever asks you how you are. Those exact words, no change, no different intonation in your voice. Exactly the same each time. Not quite so normal now are we?

Let me run you through my obsessions over the years: dinosaurs (age 4-5), cars (6-10), windscreen wipers (7), scrapyards (7-9), the Guinness Book of Records (7-10), Deal or No Deal (11-13), Gran Turismo on the PS1, 2 and 3 (3-about 14), Forton Lake in Gosport (12-14, I took 2,500 photos of the shipwrecks there over 2 years), Rhotacism (14), Photography (12-14, sporadically since), dog collars (13-14), football (since 14), one of my ex-girlfriends (July-August 2010, November 2011), er....cooking (14), public speaking (15-17), comedy (16), myself (15-16, returning periodically since), and maybe one more. Facts/figures/trivia/miscellany/numbers (since I was 6).

Normal still? You bet...

How about being able to speak to adults, as a child, but not to other children?

That should be enough for now...enough for me to say to those “been there” people....no, you haven’t, and you don’t want to “go there”.

Not to mention Asperger’s...is a developmental thing, rather than a mental illness. Which means that apart from, maybe, cognitive therapy...there’s no cure.

I mean there’s no cure for bipolar, but it can be medicated. I’m on an atypical antipsychotic at the moment, and it’s not working well at all. I have a medication review on the 12th of the month...the 12th of December 2012, at 12 noon. Ominous?

But there is nothing to treat Asperger’s. Meaning I must learn to cope with its effects, as I have done....meaning the hard work is for the sufferer to do, with virtually no assistance.

Up for the challenge, “been there” people? Righto then, you’re on!

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

My 11 year old cousin has Aspergers, diagnosed aged around 4 I think. He was obsessed with Deal or No Deal and Golden Balls up until about 2 years ago or so (by obsessed I mean he would watch every single day and owned all the bored games, electronic games etc...). He's always had an obsession with buses but now I think it's Céphas Bansah he enjoys reading about the most. :lol:

What annoys me the most though is how completely ignorant people are to the fact that it is an actual psychological illness and not some sort of -treatable- disease, as you mentioned Daniel. Even his teacher (he has just started secondary school) surprised me on his first parents evening when she wasn't even aware of the fact that he has Aspergers and said to his mum "Oh, you wouldn't know". What does she expect, a big badge on his shirt saying I have Aspergers?

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Exactly, without wanting to go off topic because this could be a brilliant thread, it irritates me that people are ignorant.

It’s not so much a stigma issue thesedays I don’t think, though that is still very much present, so much as like you say, does someone want a massive sticker on my head saying “Manic depression, psychosis, Asperger’s”?

If so, I might add to it “I imagined killing my family only 6 months ago”, you know, just to make it seem more real to them. Because – and that is true by the way, I didn’t make it up on the spot – they seem to treat these things almost as a joke.

It’s as if, when you tell someone about your assorted problems...it’s as if, because they don’t know themselves, they can’t really take it in, they don’t know how to react.

The Asperger’s thread here from a while back, a year or two ago, that helped me to get over my steadfast denial that I had it, and to accept it. I think there is not acceptance, there’s still a bit of the old-fashioned “he’s a nutter” mentality regarding mental illness.

That and when someone says basically “oh just take a pill or something, *beep* off with your problems, it’s all an excuse, there’s nowt wrong, I mean look at you!” That isn’t helpful...but neither is someone saying “oh what’s wrong? Oh, poor you, it must be so terrible...” that is even more of a hindrance.

So staying on topic...all of that irritates me rather a lot.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Quote:
Hypocritical people as a whole, but ESPECIALLY those who always berate other people for judging others and being disrespctful to others and what have you... but they do it themselves. Go and play with matches.

That's a very good point, and it's made me realise something important about myself on this forum - all I seem to be doing on here nowadays is b*tching about other people's posts (recently it's been Mad Mark but he's by no means the only one, there was norwichdonder last year and Mark and RMF amongst others earlier this year...) - and I don't actually say anything constructive about the actual games myself.

Sure I don't like contestants of the show being had a go at for nothing but gameplay, but me having a go at other users on here is just as bad if not worse (especially when the said contestants probably don't read this forum)!! I shouldn't be bringing myself down to that level.

So there'll be no more kick-offs at other users from me about gameplay any more (unless I'm on the computer drunk, which I admit to being after Carrie's game recently but not Natalie's). If it's personal, that might be anothe rmatter though! :)

If I can't say anything constructive about the game, I'll just stay quiet!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

James1978 wrote:
That's a very good point, and it's made me realise something important about myself on this forum - all I seem to be doing on here nowadays is b*tching about other people's posts (recently it's been Mad Mark but he's by no means the only one, there was norwichdonder last year and Mark and RMF amongst others earlier this year...) - and I don't actually say anything constructive about the actual games myself.

Sure I don't like contestants of the show being had a go at for nothing but gameplay, but me having a go at other users on here is just as bad if not worse (especially when the said contestants probably don't read this forum)!! I shouldn't be bringing myself down to that level.

So there'll be no more kick-offs at other users from me about gameplay any more (unless I'm on the computer drunk, which I admit to being after Carrie's game recently but not Natalie's). If it's personal, that might be anothe rmatter though! :)

If I can't say anything constructive about the game, I'll just stay quiet!!

I was pretty drunk after Carrie's game was shown as well. If you take a look at the posts I made on it, then it will come as no wonder as to why I made them :)

I admit to complaining about some games recently, but it's mostly humourous and shouldn't be taken as genuine venting. (the two notable exceptions being Caravan Jean and Natalie. Jean's game was mind-blowing for it's coma-inducing quality whilst Natalie's game left me reeling. I genuinely think that it should have been discarded and re-recorded, regardless of the ''HEY, NO FAIR'' moral).

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

It was quite lucky I even came across this thread as I very rarely read the non-DOND threads!

I'll say this too - my post above does not apply if anyone has a go at me regarding who I want to pick for Show Of The Month or has to go at me for whatever I would have done in any given game! :) ;-)

That does seem to have stopped now mind you!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

The Hertford North First Capital Connect branch. :x

I have one that may be very controversial... on here :P

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Something controversial? Please, do enthral us sir! :P

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

The beans are about to be spilled... :P

CH₃CH₂OH

Hold the moldy tomatoes! :D

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who don't wash their hands after they go to the toilet...'nuff said.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

You wouldn't like me. :lol:

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Let's continue my list...

1. Drunkenness.
2. Slow Walkers.
3. "You're Too Old for That" Comments.
4. Terrible Tube Travellers.
5. People that moan way too much.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

17. Thinking to myself "Right, I'm going to enter the Guess the Contestant competition..."...

...and waking up at 4.36 in the afternoon, too bloody late.

18. The fact that I sleep all day. Literally, all day. It's effing annoying, because I want to do things during the day, but the only way I can is to stay awake through the night. And that means I fall asleep - at my desk/walking around/making tea/wherever I am - on the dot at 3 pm. Which is even more frustrating.

19. Living with the voice of what I assume is a young girl, constantly crying or screaming or shouting in my head. Things like "nooooo!" are most common, at extremely high-pitch, and repetitive.

20. Having my own "nonsense-words" which repeat themselves - often in the girl's anguished voice - over and over again, in no particular order. For instance, because I didn't like the idea of a slug's slime when I was 12, my brain created the word "shklug", which though similar to slug, disassociated me from it.

All of this is very, very annoying, the voice especially is quite distressing. Not to mention a distraction.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

JoelDavies wrote:
You wouldn't like me. :lol:

As a certain forum member used to say (and Mark, I hope you don't mind me using it for one time only)...

OH DEAR, OH DEAR, OH DEAR! :smt011

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]