Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Skyline wrote:
Because that's what normal people do, right, so we totally have to do it.

Therein lies humanity's only true problem. The sheep culture.

Less sheep = more individuals.

I say only true problem, there are others of course...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Skyline wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:
5. 21st century slang like YOLO, Swag and Haters. Because they're used by the idiotic youths of today and they pretty much use them as an excuse to do stupid things, like partying their lives away and engaging in illegal & criminal activies

6. Today's mainstream music. A lot of it's bland, plastic, unoriginal and pretty much sounds the same

5. Skyline likes a good party. As long as it's not in a dreaded nightclub. Though Skyline does not condone excessive alcohol, or partying til you drop. YOLO is "carpe diem" for stupid people. SWAG stands for Secretly We Are Gay.

6. Agreed 100% Though I find that I Predict an Earthquake song catchy, even though it's just made up of awful noises D:

I also have to confess that third person speech is another thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way too. Sorry Pal :eyes: :(

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline is sorry. ;-)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

ITV's crappy excuse of prime time TV. They just showed a Panto edition of Millionaire in JANUARY! sdgthju The competition wasn't even edited out, all there was on screen was a message saying "This is a repeat. Competition lines are now closed."

Fan of classic rock and metal

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Here's a new one: If you're paying for something with a £20 note worth, say, £1.99, and the person behind the till says "Haven't you got anything smaller??" I always feel like saying "If I did, I'd be using it for crying out loud!!". :) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Ahh, that spurs me on to another one!

When I'm delivering a curry to someone, and the total comes to, say, £19.95. Now, we delivery people thrive on tips; and I can tell you it is highly disconcerting when you finish an evening with about 75p in tips...

...because that damn customer with the order that came to £19.95, gave you a £20 note and insisted:

"Keep the change!"

Oh yeah, brilliant. 5 pence. Every little helps. Every bloody little... :evil: :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Mainly traffic related gripes to illustrate my road rage-ness!

People who don't use indicators - if someone is coming around a roundabout without a signal I generally pull out on them really slowly to piss them off.
Drivers who crawl along in the outside lane when there is a completely empty inside lane. Why block the road up??? Same goes with middle lane hoggers on the motorway.
When there is a row of cars on a street leaving a tiny gap which two cars cannot fit through and i'm already passing said cars, and the person coming the opposite direction doesn't give way. This is even more annoying in a HGV where I have no choice but to mount the kerb, or hope the driver reverses out.

I've been on the roads over 5 years now and frequently drive bigger vehicles on road tests so when in a HGV its even more annoying when you are trying to maintain a smooth rhythm of movement without stopping and someone thinks they can cut you up, pull out on you, squeeze in etc. People's incompetence really rubs off on me. HGV's take much more effort to control so the last thing I want is some *beep* playing chicken.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Modern Simpsons Episodes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFzkY8R3-8

sdgthju

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:28 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Skyline wrote:

sdgthju

The episode of the Simpsons that i really HATED was the episode where Bart made that call to a kid in Australia regarding the direction in which our toilets flush, and as a result had to come to Australia to apologize to our government - all because of a silly phone call sdgthju

It was SO lame and stereotypical, and IMO at least, made a mockery of us Australians, once again underlining the stereotype of how America looks down upon the rest of the world

I can still remember at the end of that episode, when The Simpsons left Australia in the helicopter, Homer bragging to the Australian people about how America is a free country and how they're the best and whatever.

Did not like that episode one bit! :evil:

Hence the reason i mentioned cultural stereotypes earlier in this thread

And Jimmy, I hope that post wasn't going too far this time :)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Global Moderator

I've only seen up to Season 20 of the Simpsons, and some of the shows I've seen are half decent, though not as good as the classic '90s shows. ;)

And James, I see what you mean, and I disapprove of some jokes about Britain made on the Simpsons and Family Guy. But I laugh at some of them too. Best of all, in Family Guy, where the guard loses his lunch: 'egg and chips with jam butties!' :lol: :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I think it's kind of ironic that Americans are stereotyped as saying that British people are polite and posh, considering there's a great number of fictional supervillains that have English accents! :P

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Skyline wrote:

sdgthju

The episode of the Simpsons that i really HATED was the episode where Bart made that call to a kid in Australia regarding the direction in which our toilets flush, and as a result had to come to Australia to apologize to our government - all because of a silly phone call sdgthju

It was SO lame and stereotypical, and IMO at least, made a mockery of us Australians, once again underlining the stereotype of how America looks down upon the rest of the world

I can still remember at the end of that episode, when The Simpsons left Australia in the helicopter, Homer bragging to the Australian people about how America is a free country and how they're the best and whatever.

Funnily enough I don't really care much for this episode either. It is in the classic era, but it's one of my least favourites in season 6 (my favourite of that season is Homie the Clown)

There was one where the Simpsons go to England (season 15, I believe). It wasn't very good at all... :smt009
Nothing offensive... though admittedly I'm not very close to the English stereotype... :?

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
I've only seen up to Season 20 of the Simpsons, and some of the shows I've seen are half decent, though not as good as the classic '90s shows. ;)

There are quite a few good episodes between seasons 9 (the end of classic Simpsons for me) season 20. Most are closer to the former. I enjoy seasons 10 and 11 very much, 12-15 slightly less, but I still get some enjoyment out of watching the episodes. (Season 15 will probably be my last boxset, the rot really starts to set in near the end of that season). 16-20, bleh, though there's a handful of episodes I do enjoy...

I can count the number of episodes I enjoy from 21-24 on one hand... and there are so many abysmal episodes. :|

Lisa Goes Gaga - :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

[/simpsonsgeek]

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:14 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:
Skyline wrote:

sdgthju

Funnily enough I don't really care much for this episode either. It is in the classic era, but it's one of my least favourites in season 6 (my favourite of that season is Homie the Clown)

There was one where the Simpsons go to England (season 15, I believe). It wasn't very good at all... :smt009
Nothing offensive... though admittedly I'm not very close to the English stereotype... :?

I agree vehemently with James' last point - about America looking down on the world. They do, so, so much it's unbelievable.
In addition to believing they're the World's Policeman, Presidents of the World....I could go on...

(If that's offensive, my hat will duly be eaten. Twice. And I'll leave this place forever.)

The Simpsons going to England, me being very English I didn't mind. I didn't like it that much though. I just thought it was a bit...well, lame, as someone has said.

I have to agree with Skyline about seasons 1-9 being "classic". I'm afraid the rest just haven't really lived up to the scorching tone set by the first few seasons.

Another on my list of irritations - hyper-sensitive people. Especially to comments like that above, regarding America. I state my truth - it's different from yours but that doesn't make either of us wrong.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Similar to my recent pet hate, and after my first day back at work delivering curries for 4 months, THIS:

I had a customer earlier whose order came to £19.60. She lived in a very "affluent" part of town - Alverstoke, for those who know Gosport.
Well, I didn't bother getting her 40p change ready, on the basis that an earlier customer had an order totalling £17.90, and had told me to keep the £2.10.

All was well and good as I waltzed up to her front door and rang, and she answered, and we exchanged smiles and greeting as I gave her her food and she gave me her money. A £20 note, conveniently.

At this point, one thing, and one thing only, occurs: The customer tells me to

"keep the change!"

and I duly slip the cash into my pocket. (At the moment, tips are all I'm earning; my dad, who drives the car, needs the money, and generous soul that I am, I offered to take tips only for several months.)

But today....today something truly unbelievable happened.

She asked me "have you got the 40p?" :shock:

I ran back to the car in a state of shock to retrieve the 40 pence in change. I ran back to her in a state of shock to hand it over, and I walked away afterwards in a state of disbelief.

Forty pence. Forty bloody pence. The lady probably has sixteen Bentleys, 45 bungalows and a hotel in New York to her name, for Allah's sake. Why does forty pence matter to her??!! :evil:

Moral of this story - Mr 123 cannot ruddy stand snobby people.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Skyline wrote:
Lisa Goes Gaga - :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

[/simpsonsgeek]

I presume that's a Lady Gaga oriented episode ?

Lady Gaga looks like a Madonna impressionist crossed with a fish. I am not a fan.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The Simpsons episode I really hated was 'All Singing All Dancing' from Season 9. We do not need a compilation of all the songs. I find clip shows a waste of time although I do like the one with the 32 D'OHs! :lol:

Another thing I hate are the overused jokes in Family Guy. Stewie dressing up as a girl has been done enough times and don't get me started on the stupid music videos including that entire FOUR minute Conway Twitty video and the full 3 minutes of Jagger & Bowie's 'Dancing in the Street'! :evil:

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:13 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

All Singing All Dancing is underrated. We do need a compilation of the songs, and the episode did a decent enough job. :)

I do not care for Family Guy.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Next on my list - as I've spoken about already...

. The number 3. I absolutely categorically hate it. Three has no part whatsoever to play in my life; I exclude it totally. Utterly horrible number.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

"Java update available", "Adobe Reader update available", "13 important updates available."

ARGH!! Every time I turn on the PC, everything needs updating again!
That also brings me to another point, when I turn on my Xbox 360 and put a new game in the disc drive, the stupid console needs an update. WHY?! I just want to play a game for crying out loud! :x
Plus, some of these updates can take 10 minutes!

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]