Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: YouTube pet hates

Warnings: 0
Today's topic i've brought up here.

What are your biggest pet hates of Youtube?

Mine are:

- Ad's at the start of videos. Why do i have a feeling that the 'skip-ad-after-5-seconds' thing on some of the ads will eventually be totally phased out and that we'll be forced to sit through the entire ads, regardless of how long the ads are :|
- The top comments on videos being 'Thumbs up if....' comments and/or Anti-Bieber comments (We get it guys, he sucks. But do we REALLY need to go around comparing everyone else on the planet to him and saying terrible things about him as if he's worse than Hitler??? :roll:, I'm sorry, but it's really become an annoying cliche now :x. And this is coming from a non-fan of JB too!)
- Little idiots starting a fight in the comments section

So what about everyone else here, what things on youtube really cheese you off?

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:10 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

I get bugged by comments that do nothing except simultaneously state the obvious and spoil the video for those who haven't watched it in full yet. :x

Like on some videos of the game show Catchphrase, where this one user - whose name I won't state, for obvious reasons - says who won the game, and how they did in the Super Catchphrase. :x

Incidentally, this same user also complains when the contestant who won is not aesthetically pleasing. For instance, "Tony was ugly! He shouldn't have won! What's worse, he even won the Super!"

Just because they're "ugly" does not mean that they're not warm, kind and friendly - and nor does it mean that they must lose! Idiot. :roll: :roll: :x

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:48 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Oh, and i just thought up something else

WMG and their ridiculous copyright BS! :x Disabling the sound on ANY video that has a track from that label and so people then have to replace the audio with one of those really boring audioswap tracks, such as:

- Evanescence 'Bring me to life' (I used to love that song but now I find it annoying thanks to the 'forced' overuse of it on Youtube videos :( )
- Drowning Pool 'Bodies' (I cannot stand death metal, as someone on here once said, it sounds like their vomiting instead of singing! :roll: it also annoys how some seem to think that death metal artists are THE ONLY real musicians in the world and NO ONE else :? )
- 009 Sound System 'Dreamscape' (snore..... :roll: )

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

The deletion of cartoons. Thankfully after years my cartoons still stand, some with more than 100,000 views! People need to see the works of Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, Hanna Barbera, since they're not airing on TV in most countries. Sure, there's the DVDs for the Tom and Jerrys and Looney Tunes, but the LT DVDs only feature about 40% of the filmography of 1000 WB cartoons.

I'm with you with the Anti-Bieber comments, especially on his videos. I've heard that there's people commenting on those videos 24/7 for weeks on end posting hate comments on his videos. Yeah, he's pretty lame, but if you don't like his music, then don't watch his videos and post nasty comments. :roll: For those who are on the 'Baby' video 24/7, I'm going to have to say something insanely fan-girlish: "Get a life".

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

If you go on a video for a pre-1990 song and look at the first few pages of comments, you're almost guaranteed to see a comment along the lines of "im [some age under 18] and this music is much better than what we have today/i like this song", like they expect to be congratulated for it...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

- Stuff like "FIRST!", "1st" or "first comment woooooooo!!!!1111111oneone". Just... SHUT UP! :x Why do people care so much about getting first comment on a video?
- "Thumbs up if..." I hate people that BEG for thumbs up just so they can be top comment.
- People who mention Bieber on EVERY music video. Yes, I know he is awful but you don't need to mention it everywhere!
- "This video contains content from [insert greedy company here] who has blocked it in your country." WHY?! :evil:
- Clicking a link to video and getting "This video has been deleted by the user." DON'T put it in the video suggestions then! :x
- Agreed with the '009 Sound System' hate. Why does everyone overuse this to death?!
- WMG, UMG, SME and other stupid record companies blocking videos for stupid copyright crap! :evil:
- Rock Band or Guitar Hero videos being blocked just because it contains a copyrighted song. Ever heard of FAIR USE?

Yep, there are so many things that annoy me on Youtube.

Fan of classic rock and metal

holly

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:11 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Three things:

1) Adverts at the beginning
2) Begging for a tumbs up
3) Random people that aren't even subscribed to me sending me random videos.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:40 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

post deleted

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sat May 19, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:48 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Here's some more

- When your looking for the original version of a song you like, but you just find tonnes of remixes and crap footage of live performances and only like 1 or 2 videos of the original
- The fact that it's almost impossible to find full episodes/movies of Pokemon on Youtube, most videos from Pokemon movies/episodes on Youtube are just a bunch of clips put together to some song. Or if you're lucky, maybe some unedited clips of battle scenes, that usually aren't in english
- Videos where the title says it's a full episode of a TV show, but you click on it and the video is just a random screenshot from the show and a link to some random site
- and this is everywhere on the net. Goddamn TROLLS! I left a comment on the 1000th episode of DoND (Part 1 of the one that UnofficialDOND uploaded), and i left a comment saying "Is that Lynn from Show 1 show one standing up at the start?", nothing malicious or anything, just a question. And some idiot replied to me by saying "stfu u sad tw*t!" :shock: What the hell?! STUPID WORTHLESS LOW LIFE TROLL SCUM!!! :x :evil:

(PS Sorry about the above post, i tried to edit it and it came up in a seperate post and i couldn't delete to i had to change it to post deleted)

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
- and this is everywhere on the net. Goddamn TROLLS! I left a comment on the 1000th episode of DoND (Part 1 of the one that UnofficialDOND uploaded), and i left a comment saying "Is that Lynn from Show 1 show one standing up at the start?", nothing malicious or anything, just a question. And some idiot replied to me by saying "stfu u sad tw*t!" :shock: What the hell?! STUPID WORTHLESS LOW LIFE TROLL SCUM!!! :x :evil:

Here's another one: pathetic losers on YouTube like this example you've described here. Thankfully I've never had encounters with those kind of people...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:13 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Skyline wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

Here's another one: pathetic losers on YouTube like this example you've described here. Thankfully I've never had encounters with those kind of people...

When i think of people like that, i just wanna come to their house and strangle them! :x

I won't say anything more extreme on here, as i don't wanna get in trouble

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:43 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

I wouldn't get too pissed off with them... at least you're not a t**t like them! :P

Brony

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:20 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

People who don't like My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic! :x :x

This video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6LVZFLSfw

It is crappy wappy! Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie haven't got their cutie marks, and that video does not depict a Brony, just an ugly guy! :evil: :x

AND OMG! Who would draw PONY *beep*??????????????????????????? :smt115 :smt078 THAT IS DISCUSTING!

AND WHY IS HIS FAVORITE TOY A FLASHLIGHT! :eyes: :eyes:

Bronies are really cool people! STOOPID COLLEGE HUMOUR! YOU ARE RUBBISH! :evil: :spank

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sat May 11, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David22

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Author: David22    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Moronic/foul-mouthed/threatening/abusive comments. Totally agree with JamesJMH91; I've been on the receiving end of this after posting innocent comments; probably why I don't post anymore. Bunch of idiots :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

You realise most of the users on Youtube who put in those comments are usually immature little d*cks aged betweeen 13 & 16 :evil:

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
You realise most of the users on Youtube who put in those comments are usually immature little d*cks aged betweeen 13 & 16 :evil:

Who are obsessed with My Little Pony :lol:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:55 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

I can't beleive i forgot to mention the jokes about the like/dislike bar, they really are getting silly now

Let's say a video has 32,000 likes and 1,400 dislikes.

For example if it was 'I just had sex' by the lonely island. People would say '32,000 people just had sex' or '1,400 people are still virgins'

Or say, something more tastful like 'Little Lies' by Fleetwood Mac. '32,000 people are honest people' and/or '1,400 people are liars'

And again, everyone's favourite singer Justin Bieber is often used as a subject for all these stupid comments.
You always see stuff like:
'1,400 people are Bieber fans'
'Justin Bieber made 1,400 accounts and disliked this'
'1,400 dislikes? Nice try Justin Bieber'
Or if there were few dislikes compared to likes. 'The dislike bar is the size of Justin Bieber's d***' :roll:

As i said, he might be lame, but this is all getting stupid now

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:31 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I can't beleive i forgot to mention the jokes about the like/dislike bar, they really are getting silly now

Let's say a video has 32,000 likes and 1,400 dislikes.

For example if it was 'I just had sex' by the lonely island. People would say '32,000 people just had sex' or '1,400 people are still virgins'

Or say, something more tastful like 'Little Lies' by Fleetwood Mac. '32,000 people are honest people' and/or '1,400 people are liars'

And again, everyone's favourite singer Justin Bieber is often used as a subject for all these stupid comments.
You always see stuff like:
'1,400 people are Bieber fans'
'Justin Bieber made 1,400 accounts and disliked this'
'1,400 dislikes? Nice try Justin Bieber'
Or if there were few dislikes compared to likes. 'The dislike bar is the size of Justin Bieber's d***' :roll:

As i said, he might be lame, but this is all getting stupid now

Agree completely. They were quite funny when I first saw them on some videos, but people just keep using them and they're just not funny now, they're just really annoying :x

Another thing I hate is some of those comments on other artists' music videos saying that they're "a new and up-coming rapper from wherever" and to check out their page. No-one cares :roll:

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: YouTube pet hates

Immature comments on every video. Seriously, find one video with more than 1,000 views which doesn't have at least one.

Go on a song with even the most vaguest or subtle, um, *LOVE* related lyrics, you always get one depressed and throbbing 16-year old who says ''If I get enough likes on this comment, I'll ask my crush out''. Good luck with that mate.

''HEY !!!!!! THUMBS UP IF YOU'RE LISTENING TO THIS IN 2012 !!!!1!1!!11!1''

Being completely unable to find original songs of many popular artists of yesteryear, most notably Bob Dylan. You just get Skeet Chetterson in his southern American shack doing a 'rendition' of Dylan's work. Good effort there Chet, but I want to listen to Bob singing 'Only a Hobo'.

There's plenty more to be said, but I'd be here for a long time.

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]