Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Have you ever eaten escargots?
Yes 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
No, but I'd like to 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
No, and I wouldn't want to 55%  55%  [ 5 ]
What the *beep* are escargots? 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: matty's poll no #14

Warnings: 0
Been ages since I've done one of these... we must be running out of topics for polls :P

I've never tried escargots before myself... I'd like to though, just to say I did :P

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14
Administrator & Global Moderator

Snails... yes I have tried them before. They were served with a load of olive oil swimming about, and you could dip them in garlic butter (obviously their shells had been removed!). I don't know if olive oil and garlic butter is usually served with them, but I found it overpowered the taste of the snails, which didn't seem to taste of much at all. They were also very expensive, but luckily I wasn't the one paying for them!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14

Not to my knowledge I haven't, no.

I'm in no rush to go and que up for some, but I'd be willing to at least consider giving them a go if the opportunity arose - you never know, they might taste really nice!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14

Wow - so far every option has been selected exactly once...

Don't think you'd ever see me eating snails, somehow - or, for that matter, frogs' legs... ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:39 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14
Forum Games Moderator

I studied Latin at primary school, ages ago, and as part of our "Leavers' party" thing they served snails. Had one, felt sick and haven't gone near them ever since...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14
Forum Games Moderator

What the *beep* are escargots? :smt018

I've never had one... too slimy.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14
Forum Games Moderator

Le escargot est un tipo de le communité des animaux, et c'est trés facile de manger - mais, c'est méchant a mon avis!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14

Nope and I wouldn't want to.

holly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: matty's poll no #14

i have never tried them, and i never, ever will!

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]