Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: 2000-2009: Almost over!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Have you enjoyed this decade?

Have you done anything REALLY special?

Have you got married or anything?

Or maybe you didn't do anything at all... :eyes:

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:54 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 2000-2009: Almost over!

I still remember the milennium celebrations 10 years ago.

I was still at primary school at the turn of the decade, and now I'm just 6 months away from finishing university, so I've done a lot - but nothing really special

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:39 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 2000-2009: Almost over!
Administrator & Global Moderator

I also remember the millennium celebrations. Someone near us held a massive outdoor party with loud music which went on until 4am! We didn't go to it so it was just annoying hearing the thumping music until the early hours of the morning. The Millennium Bug and the Millennium Dome (sorry, the O2 arena) are probably both things the government would rather forget about!

Did anyone here go to the Dome when it was the Millennium Dome? I went as part of a Year 7 school trip, and it was pretty good; don't remember a great deal about it though... it was like the Science Museum in a big marquee, really.

I suppose this decade was pretty important for me, seeing it was when I went through secondary school and university! I don't remember the first half of it that fondly, but the second half has (mostly) been good for me. Probably something to do with the fact that I finished school in 2006. :P

Most people (on Facebook / TV / etc) seem to be saying what a bad year 2009 was. But was it really that bad? I know there was the recession and everything, but I didn't think it was that bad. Although, of course, it was the year in which I appeared in some TV show or other, so it was quite exciting for me. :P

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 2000-2009: Almost over!

The second half of the decade was much more enjoyable than the first half I found - things have got better as the decade has gone on, and 2009 was probably my best year of the decade.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 2000-2009: Almost over!
International Forums Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Most people (on Facebook / TV / etc) seem to be saying what a bad year 2009 was. But was it really that bad? I know there was the recession and everything, but I didn't think it was that bad. Although, of course, it was the year in which I appeared in some TV show or other, so it was quite exciting for me. :P

And got a recession-busting six-and-a-half grand out of it :)

University changed my life, and the decade got a lot better for me as it went on, apart from a few months of real anxiety over whether it was all worthwhile. Which ended upon getting my new job, and now the only question is how I'm going to recreate the friendships I had at university...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:09 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 2000-2009: Almost over!

My favourite years of the decade:

2000- still lots of 90s elements remaining in general culture and music was still great!
2003- started Year 5 in school
2004- I left Year 5 as the victor!*
2006- I lost months of my time because of DOND!

* in case you are wondering, in Year 5 I decided to introduce my classmates to Super Mario games. With them being Sonic fanboys, it wasn't easy and lots of blood, tears and telling offs ensured, but I won at the end!

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]