Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

deal_or_no_deal_2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm    Author: deal_or_no_deal_2007    Post subject: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Warnings: 0
Soon I'll be moving 200+ miles from Reading to Liverpool for university. After a tough, but successful 2 years at college (not tough cos of the work, but cos of something i had to deal with) I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead. I've been gradually packing over the last week or so. It's kinda hitting home that I'm moving out for a while. The nerves are slowly creeping in, but I'm really excited.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

I went to University this time last year... A few things... as a whole the Lecturers are all hateful dull *beep*, students are mostly odd balls who are sapping off the rest of us and the accommodation was shabby even though it was new.. I only lasted 3 months but I do hear some people have good times and it sets them up for life!

Enjoy University! :D

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol
Administrator & Global Moderator

I recently finished a 3-year BSc (Hons) Environmental Planning course at my local university and saved loads of money by living at home. :P I got a 2:1 which I was really pleased with; I know people who went to Cambridge and have got 2:2s in courses which - using their own words - are useless and they can't get a job. Plus of course they're heavily in debt after living away from home for 3 years. I know which position I'd rather be in!

I had an interview in June and got a planning-related full-time job, but it was cancelled at the last minute due to cutbacks. The recession has hit planners as the whole built environment industry has slowed down, so people don't need planners right now. :(

I'm about to start a postgraduate Environmental Planning course (which lasts either 1 or 2 years). The idea was to have a planning-related job by now which I'd do part-time during the course, which would become full-time after doing 1 year of the course. But that hasn't happened, so I may well do the full 2 years of the PG course now and get a full masters.

I'm sure you all wanted to know that.

P.S. As Tom22 says, enjoy university! It's far better than secondary school. Actually, anything's better than school. Clearing out pig swill is better than school...

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:48 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

h2005 wrote:
P.S. As Tom22 says, enjoy university! It's far better than secondary school. Actually, anything's better than school. Clearing out pig swill is better than school...

Yes miss the whole point of my post why dont you! :Jimmy_is_great And School was good! No one can hate Sixth Form can they? That was just 2 years at a social club...

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Did you have to wear uniform in the sixth form?

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Hell no! We didnt even have to turn up if we didnt want too...

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Corrr, how slack! :P Mind you, I had dragons in charge (almost literally) so there was no slacking to be had there...

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

It's normal to be nervous. I can remember I was this time last year. I tried it but it wasn't for me. But as the other Tom has hinted at, it varies for every person.

I'm now working nearly full time at a job that I really like.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Tom wrote:
It's normal to be nervous. I can remember I was this time last year. I tried it but it wasn't for me. But as the other Tom has hinted at, it varies for every person.

I'm now working nearly full time at a job that I really like.

It must be something about being called Tom.. I have 2 mates called Tom and both of them are working and not in University...

(After Gameweek 22)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Tom22 wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Yes miss the whole point of my post why dont you! :Jimmy_is_great And School was good! No one can hate Sixth Form can they?

Try having my evil head of sixth form who also doubles up as my Eng Lit teacher... This year is going to be hell.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol
Forum Games Moderator

Good luck! :smt023

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:58 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

I'm loving uni - am going into my final year of university now, and quite sad that it's coming to an end. However, the experience differs for students - you should be OK as you're going to a big city with plenty to do - but if you chose somewhere like Aberystwyth, you'd get very bored quickly.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:10 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

greeny wrote:
I'm loving uni - am going into my final year of university now, and quite sad that it's coming to an end. However, the experience differs for students - you should be OK as you're going to a big city with plenty to do - but if you chose somewhere like Aberystwyth, you'd get very bored quickly.

Yes.. everyday is it sea, grey buildings, odd people sea, grey buildings...

Although Bangor aint much better... plus you have that ridiculous one way system up there...

(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

That makes things interesting! :lol:

Besides, there is quite a bit to do in Bangor - certainly lots of shopping to be done with the new shopping centre being built, and there is a decent selection of bars/clubs for those who like that sort of thing (I'm teetotal so I tend not to venture into those places).

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:42 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Good luck with University,

It really is awesome, especially the first year, but it was the most stressful, exciting and fun year ive had. I'm loving it so much im even planning on doing a second course after these 4 years are up! So yeah enjoy it, its an absalute blast, well for me it was anyways :-D

deal_or_no_deal_2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 am    Author: deal_or_no_deal_2007    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

tonight was my 1st night at uni. it's fresher's week at the mo so me and my flatmates spent some time together in the student union's bar, then everyone went into the city to the reflex club. it was a really great night. hopefully my 3 years at uni will be the same :)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Tom22 wrote:
greeny wrote:

Yes.. everyday is it sea, grey buildings, odd people sea, grey buildings...

Although Bangor aint much better... plus you have that ridiculous one way system up there...

*Scratches those two from list*

jivealex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:18 am    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

thats really interesting i am riveted

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

jivealex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 am    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

apu is also a crock of *beep*

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:43 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: I start university soon... Eeeek! lol

Well I just went to the freshers' fair, hoping to nick some crap like I did last year, and all I got was a bag from the SU, which had some leaflets about sex and 2 strawberry flavoured condoms in it. :shock:

The problem is that there's no-one here to have sex with, although I suppose I could try my luck with greasy pen drive man... :eyes:

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]