Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Warnings: 0
Watching The Chase on TV, thinking of Lola Bunny from 'Space Jam' saying "Don't ever call me *blows ears back* doll!" ;-), and getting packed up and ready for a weekend away at Hanging Rock :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:04 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

:|

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

At Dond.co.uk, typing a reply to a thread called "what are you currently doing?". :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Skyline wrote:
:|

:-D ;) :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

:laughing :D :) :-) :| :o :shock: :( :cry:

:smt047

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:17 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Getting ready for a nice late shift

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Listening to 'baby can i hold you' by Tracy Chapman :-D

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Getting ready for my exam results tomorrow.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:01 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Listening to 'Rescue Me' by Madonna. Call me girly for doing so, but i'd rather listen to 80s Madonna than Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj or Tra$ha :P

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:39 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Thinking of Lola Bunny from Space Jam saying "Don't ever call me *blows ears back* doll!" ;-) (a.k.a Skyline's favourite activity :-D)

Listening to some songs by R.E.M (Currently on 'Losing my religion' and just watched 'The One I love' on the Tube :))

Watching 'The Emporor's new groove' on DVD

Might go for a bike ride later

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

Winding down my day with some music on Grooveshark and some significant others on Facebook. Looking forward to sleeping tonight; I've been up since 1pm yesterday... :P

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
Echo that, I can relate on all counts but "trade" which I'm working on as we speak. Towards, rather.

I don't have an increasingly large amount of friends anyway, but those I do have (and I'm more than happy with several rather than fifty-six acquaintances)

I'm currently typing a 740-page book on the law onto my laptop. Because I can. I'm learning new stuff as well, it's wonderful.... 8)

No, Dan. There's something we forgot to tell them. Shall I? Yeah, I will.

That 740-page book wasn't typed up 'because I could' - I was being forced to type it up, letter by letter, page by page, by an abusive, controlling, manipulative, purely and simply evil partner who had, by this point, managed to manifest himself in the furthest regions of my life. I did so under threat of his leaving me if I didn't - he had made himself my entire world, and I had nobody else. Which takes me to that first statement - about having 'several' friends. I had no friends. I had him. That was all I had in the world. Him. He had forbidden me from speaking to anybody but himself.

On the outside, of course, I was made to tell people all was well and going swimmingly, and that I couldn't be any happier - the exact, polar opposite was true, but nobody was allowed to know this. I was regularly threatened with murder should I attempt to escape his clutches at any point. I was forced to hand over in excess of £1,000 - this is why I mentioned on the forum during 2013 that I 'had no money', because I had no money, because he was siphoning 100% of everything I made for himself - and 100% of everything I didn't have, too.

I would be hit with regularity, often whipped with his belt, occasionally beaten and at times, strangled with that belt until I became almost unconscious...tied to railings and left, made to lie down before being run over with his bicycle, even whipped with twigs, cut with glass. You name it, it happened.

That animal destroyed my life. This is why I've had the troubles I have had this year. He left in September 2013, and I felt awful, having become so attached to my abuser - these things are strange, and cruel.

So to answer my own question from the beginning of this thread - I'm living a recurring nightmare. Sorry.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:13 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

I just made the most difficult post of my entire career on this forum.

It was my usual weekly recap of Le Banquier, which is generally easy and quite fun to post. However, this particular episode, which commemorated the 70th anniversary of the Invasion of Normandy, featured a 93-year-old World War 2 veteran as the contestant. The episode was originally taped on July 23.

Unfortunately, the man passed away on September 22, meaning that he never got to see his episode air :(. The episode still ran anyway, albeit with a disclaimer from TVA about the contestant's passing.

Ben and I agreed that in the hands of the producers of virtually any other version of Deal or No Deal, the episode would not have aired, out of respect to the contestant and his family. We also agreed that commentary of the outcome of the game would also be inappropriate. Additionally, I updated my avatar accordingly.

Due to the circumstances, I posted the recap without my usual sarcasm and jokes. It was a very bare-bones post as a result. But I felt strange afterwards, almost as if I shouldn't have posted it.

I'll leave it up there, but I can't help but feel that I did something wrong. If you want to read it for yourself, click on the link in my signature.

What do you guys think?

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

I don't think you did anything wrong by providing a commentary for the game. It's not like you added any sarcasm or calling the man stupid for winning $.01 or whatever... :ponder:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:20 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Aside from the Remembrance Day / Invasion of Normandy theme, it was just a regular game. The contestant won a decent amount of money, plus some other prizes along the way.

What we didn't do was discuss the outcome or add any humour. That would've been inappropriate, given the circumstances.

Only four contestants in Le Banquier's history have been stupid. Four. The rest did reasonably well.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:32 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

I think you wrote with utmost respect and integrity, Mark; you undertook your duty as well as was possible, I feel. :smt023

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:29 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Just submitted my DOND application form and am about to watch Coach Trip!

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:58 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Good luck Mate,

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?
Forum Games Moderator

Best of luck! :D

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:01 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What are you currently doing?

Typing a post in which I thank Davao and daniel123 for their kind words of support.

[ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]