Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:05 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
I daren't look at the opening post to this thread, written by me whilst slightly inebriated and in a foul mood.

EDIT: it was far better than I feared, basically tame. Good.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:48 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who don't vote, and even more so, those that go on to moan about the outcome. I have friends who did this at last year's general election and the EU referendum this year. Democracy as a system doesn't work if you're going to get a huge fraction of people not voting :roll:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:40 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Ads on YouTube videos are bad enough, but what's irritates me even more is people who upload 10-20 second long videos and put ads on them. It seems stupid to have to sit through a half-minute long ad just to watch a 20 second or less video :?

The ads on YouTube videos are getting longer too. The ones where you can skip after 5 seconds are getting rarer and you now have to sit through mandatory 30 second ads on some videos now :smt011 (Luckily, Adblock on my laptop means I only have this problem on my iPad)

Also, political correctness and SJWs are getting worse and worse. People just get offended far too easily, and it's always the same excuses (feminism, racism, left wing political views, sensitive children, religion and even conspiracy theories) each time. I just wish people would calm down and stop taking everything so ultra-seriously :smt009

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Well, i take back what i said about the PC crowd being the only group of people who actively get offended by things

In general, i'm just sick of people now who use their politics, religious beleifs and conspiracy theories to be offended by something :smt011 :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:48 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

There's a fantastic quote from Stephen Fry about being offended by things, have you seen it/read it? He sums up the world perfectly in a few sentences.

Like there was a tennis player the other day who made the news because he apparently followed or has followed some right-wing nutters on Twitter, so he had to deny he's a fascist/racist/terrorist sympathiser. It's ridiculous, our society today.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Remember when you used to go to the movies and the 'pre-show entertainment' was only a few minutes of ads and trailers? I've had 3 cinema visits since June last year and now it's only 2 or 3 trailers and about 15 minutes of ads we're forced to sit through before a movie starts :smt011

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Council employees. Gormless, utterly worthless, braindead slugs whose only friends are the computers at the desks in their bland, grey offices. :D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

In every single kitchen in the land, there's always a difficult chef. They will fling stuff across the room if they have to redo an order, or if they get more than one order at once, or if they have to make food nearer to closing time.

Quite often it can be amusing to watch the trivial meltdowns, but generally, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. That's why I stay at the dishwasher and leave the oven alone.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

One summer's evening at the Chinese I used to work at (albeit not as a chef but stationed in the open kitchen when awaiting deliveries), the head chef - who was in this case also the head of the family, a diminutive but fiercely determined and fiery chap called Mr Lin who moved quicker than the speed of light - was upset with a young lad who had taken exception to some of his food. Treating the dastardly boy's complaint as an affront to the family honour (as far as I can tell, given that the whole family, including his six-month-old grandson, were in the employ of the business in some fashion or another), Mr Lin began negotiations with his new-found nemesis, which went along smoothly once he drew from the kitchen, and brandished confidently, a large carving knife.

It was soon made clear that the boy had, in fact, no qualms with the food produced by Mr Lin or, indeed, the rest of his family, and that he would be departing this unfortunate scene immediately.

Upon the conclusion of this business, Mr Lin returned to his prior engagements in the kitchen.

(As it happened, the police were called and the night ended shortly thereafter for my erstwhile colleague, but no retrospective action was taken and life went on in a similar, but not so outwardly violent, manner for the next few years. We did have a 'customer blacklist' that problem customers earned a place on, but what 'blacklist' meant exactly is something I was never privy to. Suffice to say, if an individual merited being added to this blacklist, they didn't bother us again...) :suspect:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:24 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Something i really can't understand - People who complain about songs and music videos being too dirty/sexualized today, yet they complain about cartoons, TV shows etc. today being too PC and sugar-coated :? :?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I think in general society has become a lot more dirty and sexualised and...well, slutty, basically, to the extent that Oscar Wilde's frivolities - every single one of them - wouldn't bat an eyelid nowadays, because whoring yourself out to anyone who'll take you and poisoning yourself to death with chemicals that give you a sudden, short high are ingrained into our way of life.
You know, and the songs we have reflect that, which is unfortunate because a lot of these artists have immense, naturally-given talent (notice I didn't say God-given, which is another bugbear - a psychopathic domineering mass murdering character in a bloody fairy tale written 1,000 years ago didn't give us anything, thanks) - where was I, they have all this talent and then completely, utterly waste it making work that has no meaning whatsoever, other than talking about their last relationship or the last time they *beep* someone or how they want loadsamoney and how they'll go in in a black Benz and come out in a white one, what's all this tripe going to say about our generation? My point, and what irritates me about this whole shabang, is that in the past, people made an effort.
A songwriter was an artist, actually an artist, Eleanor Rigby is art, Group of Black Gang Members with Gold Chains and Bitches And Hoes Feat. Elinah Rigged-Me is not. Still, you've got someone like Eminem, a valid counterargument he would be, a great lyricist, an artist, but that's what sets him apart, a rough diamond in a field of horse muck. Why did I focus on him? No idea, he was the first one who came to mind, but I know there are others, so let's skip-a-dee-doo-dah away from his genre and back to music on the whole.
I hear very little currently relevant music that puts into my heart the hunger for more, the appreciation of the work that went into it, because I'm quite sure there isn't much work, but there is a lot of rest, and a hell of a lot of play, and a lot of sitting around watching bank balances increase exponentially. It's a mercenary's industry, run by self-obsessed moguls like Cowell and Clifford, and I'm sure all the stuff Clifford did has happened, and still happens, with great regularity, and the people who sell their souls to the industry are bound to it forever more, which wouldn't be an issue, except most of their voices are altered in computer software because in reality they sound like the anguished wails of a man who's just walked into a waist-high concrete bollard in the middle of the night. Joe Public consumes it like Joe Public consumes Big Macs and chicken nuggets, because Joe Public's easily led and impressionable; Cowell and the ashes of Clifford rest on their laurels, content with the gazillions they earn from doing absolutely nothing and safe in the knowledge that they can always harvest the souls of the unfortunate singers, songwriters and latterly-deformed members of the aristocracy who opened their mouths to sing in the shower, saw the bathroom window shatter and thought, 'hey, that window broke into a million little pieces - that must mean I've got a God-given talent!'
God-given, indeed.

;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:31 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Bosses who do the following:
1. Miscommunicate frequently and blame it on others
2. Are grossly negligent with their bill payments and then blame it on their bookkeeper (including personal payments that should NOT be mixed in with business accounts :roll: )
3. Ask me if I had a change in medications over the past few weeks :smt009
4. Ask their employees to write down everything in every conversation they have and then type it up and e-mail it to them
5. Think they're the smartest person in the world when they can't even log in to an e-mail account :roll:

Phew, I feel better now. :)

And if you're wondering why I would risk my boss seeing this and firing me, 1) this forum is so dead that even psychokiller's trolling goes unnoticed, and 2) see point # 5 on the list above. :P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:37 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
this forum is so dead that even psychokiller's trolling goes unnoticed

Some of us ghosts still haunt these corridors from time to time, when our minds get restless in the middle of the night... :suspect:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Life without deal or no deal!

It is crappy wappy! :x :x :x :( :cry: :cry:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:41 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I know I shouldn't take spambot replies personally, but in light of the latest algorithm to make IT'S presence known on the forum, and the fact that I've commented on several DoND videos on YouTube and been targeted by FlixZone advertising bots on at least 6 different videos since April (!!), someone has to be held accountable for creating these bots, because at the end of the day, these bots are most likely created by some sad little teenager with no real hobbies who thinks it would actually be funny to infect people's computers with viruses :smt011

Obviously one of these idiots has taken a liking to me as I've been hounded by these bots on YouTube, and it seems I'm the only person in the comments section who's been on the receiving end of this! :x

JerryWestern12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:29 pm    Author: JerryWestern12    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I really hate people, who said they are my friends first and then they get bored of me in a short while and trying to breed gossips behind my back in the company I involved them to. It is really annoying as I do my best for you friend, but then you try to do the worst thing for me, what the heck.
I had the situation once, when I invited a girl to a local rock pub just to get her familiar with such moves and subcultures. The bartender was my good friend and he asked me whether I had a sympaty for that girl or not and I answered I have. Some time after we went to her flat for a night just to hang out. It was me, bartender and her. The bartender was trying to get me zoned from her and attract her. I even knew he had a girlfriend that time it happened. Next day he treat her with some cocktails for free and without saying me anything, he went to her for a night. He pulled her not to say anything about that to all the company we were in. But one guy saw they were going to her flat together. I said to that girl he had a girlfriend, so if something happens - it would be on your conscience. I am so proud she left him in a room and went to a kitchen to work online so nothing happened. After that time everything went to its place. I understood I really feel something to that girl and maybe she feels something for me too, all the company understandd that bartender is a rotted person and noone wants to even speak with him now. Such a story!

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]