Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
Microsoft Word yet again:

I have never hated a squiggly line so much in my life! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:21 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Political correctness. Seriously, people expect EVERYTHING to be sugar-coated to death and just can't take a joke anymore :smt011

I've heard that when they show Road Runner cartoons now, they've made some heavy edits to make it 'less violent'! :shock: (For goodness sake, i've always watched from an early age and i've never tried shooting giant rocks from catapults!)

It's just a shame that cartoons aren't allowed to have any dark themes nowadays, because of the amount of Helen Lovejoys and do-gooders we have today who think that the kids need everything to be completely dumbed down and candy-coated for them so that they don't get 'scared' or 'brainwashed into committing violent acts' :roll:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

When an 80s/90s bands' greatest hits album is missing songs i like. Like when i bought R.E.M's 'In Time 1988-2003' album, and it didn't have 'Shiny Happy People' on it, and when i bought INXS' greatest hits album, it didn't have 'I Send A Message' on it! :evil:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

What happened on today's Let's Make a Deal:

Some guy (I think his name was Rudy) won a $4,999 motorcycle after listening to wife to take Curtain # 3 over the $1,400 Wayne Brady offered him. Because Wayne liked that Rudy listened to his wife, he gave him an extra $100, which made him the top winner over a woman who won a $5,006 New York trip. That meant Wayne went to him first when deciding who was going for the Big Deal, and after listening to his wife again Rudy went for it. So because Wayne showed favouritism (which is COMPLETELY against game show regulations) that lady was cheated out of a shot at the Big Deal. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Currently my phone irritates me because it loses battery like no tomorrow and I can barely do anything without it shutting off. It's so bad it can be fully charged when I turn it off and go to bed and when I wake up and turn it on the next morning, it's really low! I think (hopefully) I might have solved the problem though, we shall find out tomorrow morning.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The fact that the UK did Black Friday this year :unsure we don't celebrate Thanksgiving so ergo we shouldn't do Black Friday! Of course, it's just another marketing trick to get us to spend more on *beep* we don't even need. Plus, the way people acted in those sales was just down right disgusting.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Very well-said, Aaron.

My head irritates me. I wish my life wasn't like a constant flicker of a switch between black hurricane and calm summer afternoon, and...yeah, I don't know really. The last few days have been absolutely horrific. I wish 'just having a bad day' was possible, rather than 'bad day' always equating to the depths of depression. People romanticise and glamourise mental illness and I think bipolar in particular...there's nothing glamorous or romantic about it. They say, 'if there was a button you could press and it was gone forever, would you...' and I used to hesitate, but now I say yes, every damn time. It's horrible. :|

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I don't even know why we have Black Friday. If we didn't have it then we wouldn't have disgusting stuff like this or this happening. :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:07 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I'm still upset by people who voted No to Independence from the UK. Now, thanks to them, I'm planning on emigrating after uni because the union is so bad!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:28 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The fact that this thread hasn't had any posts so far in 2015, stop slumping guys! :x :smt011 :evil: ;-) :twisted:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:36 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Aaron Brock wrote:
The fact that the UK did Black Friday this year :unsure we don't celebrate Thanksgiving so ergo we shouldn't do Black Friday! Of course, it's just another marketing trick to get us to spend more on *beep* we don't even need. Plus, the way people acted in those sales was just down right disgusting.

I think it's sad to see British and Australian culture, especially young culture, becoming more Americanised in today's times. I blame social networking, gullible kids succumbing to media brainwashing, and the music industry's puppeteering in the form of X factor, Iggy Azalea etc. for it :smt009

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:09 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who try to stop you from being who you want to be!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Absolutely!

I'd also mention people who complain that the overweight among us are 'dirty' or 'lazy' or perhaps 'bad people'. Bad examples, even, in some cases. I'll take myself as a case-in-point - the particulars read height 5 feet and 8.25 inches, weight around sixteen stone, waist about 40 inches.

Now, from those details, one might safely assume that I am overweight (medically correct) or even obese (just short of being medically correct, but close). That I don't do any exercise, that I eat a lot of junk food, that I perhaps don't have a job, that I watch a lot of television. The difference...

...is that as it is, I haven't watched a television show, properly, at the sofa, for several years (I'd guess around five), I am the CEO of the family window cleaning company, I walk for around four hours a day (sometimes more - my snooker club's two miles away, for instance) and I rarely eat junk food. In fact, often I rarely eat at all.

So that doesn't add up - but I'm not really getting anywhere with it, so on we go to the crux of my entry this morning.

As the forum knows, I've a few other things to contend with in my life, centring within my head, primarily. My mental health and well-being are of great concern to me most of the time, and as such, I have come to value my quality of life over the duration of that life. I wish to be as comfortable, as content, as relaxed and as satisfied as possible with my existence, particularly because at times, it can become unbearable, and at those times, one realises that what matters is not how many calories one consumed the previous week but actually, surviving tonight and living through tomorrow without having a panic attack, without having a nightmare, without crying over one's dead cat and without trying to end one's life. (I'm honest as always, for the benefit of the forum and whoever else might read this).

What matters to me is not my waistline but my happiness. To that end, I've made a gradual, but conscious, choice to favour indulgence over austerity when it comes to what I eat (and, yes, what I drink :P ). This may result in a shortened natural lifespan, but if that is the case, then at least that life ended naturally, and that's a pay cut I'm more than willing to take, if it means that I enjoyed my time here at least in part.

I think what I'm saying is that yes, for some people it is the case that they're lazy, and lethargic and so forth; but for some, as I've unfortunately not touched upon tonight, their predicament is not at all their fault and they ought to be afforded help and support for it - and for others, such as myself, it's not a predicament at all, but a deliberate choice, and that that choice should be respected. It is, after all, a decision to put one's health first...

;) :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:58 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Snow, horrible, horrible stuff. Thank God it doesn't snow much in London. Summer can't come soon enough. :smt011

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

You wouldn't like living in Canada, then. We've gotten hammered by the stuff in the Greater Toronto Area recently, and it hasn't been pretty.

I used to love the snow when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, snow and I are no longer friends. I commute to work on the bus, and snow causes confusion and delay.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:50 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

You two should come and live in Gosport - it last snowed properly here in the January of 2013. :smt023

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Hasn't snowed where I live in years. None at all.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:17 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Davao wrote:

Aren't you still out in the Med, though? ;) :-D

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

daniel123 wrote:
Davao wrote:

Aren't you still out in the Med, though? ;) :-D

Yes, but I was talking about before I went and my family says they have had none. They live in the same town as me too.

BTW, I am going to Copenhagen tomorrow.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:47 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Take lots of pictures for us! Unless you forgot your camera cable - in that case, take some disposable Polaroids! Unless your scanner is broken, then we'll never get to see them!

:) I'm honestly not doubting the holiday, I'm just referencing a time when someone on here *did* fake going on holiday and it's making me chuckle as I reminisce.

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]